Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Nice article that provides a counter balance to the prevailing view that Android and iPhone have everything locked up.

Who wins if Android and iPhone lose the smartphone wars?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I don't see any of them losing the smartphone war.

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    In 2012 or probably 2013. After that, who knows?

Apple is a smart enough company that I think they'll remain a major player. Google, I'm not so sure about, plus I think many people have performance issues with their Android devices.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I agree neither will lose. The part of the article that caught my attention was the solid case that WP7 could be successful.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    In 2012 or probably 2013. After that, who knows?

Apple is a smart enough company that I think they'll remain a major player. Google, I'm not so sure about, plus I think many people have performance issues with their Android devices.
    I agree that Apple will be around as a major player. If I had to bet money, I would say the same about Google but they will have a tougher time than Apple.

I believe that the market will be more stable in a few years. I don't see Apple, Google, or MS failing. I expect each of them to control over 25% of the market. With them going back and forth over which controls over 30%. And at time, 2 or even all 3 may hold 30%.

There will always be the niche market. And I actually wouldn't be that surprised to see Samsung try to make a push with Bada.