Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    What app do you use to show you? Any settings you particulary use? Mango seems to be doing lots of stuff under the background so it seems like it should go easily over the 2GB.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    The My AT&T app. Usually updates once per day. Just for perspective, I have an unlimited plan, but I keep WiFi enabled 24/7 because my Home/Office connections are way faster than AT&T's limp 0.6 to 1.5Mbps 3G data signal. With 8 background tasks, 4 email accounts and various push apps working, plus the occasional usage outside the range of WiFi (don't get out much) I average about 220MB/month in 3G usage. So most of that 220MB would be attributed to things happening in the background. And yes, I do have the update and user experience toggles turned on for 3G. So maybe 6-7MB/day. Not that ba actually.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I've never gone over 1GB without tethering

Don't watch a video on data it will suck data like there's no tomorrow. But other than that 2GB is enough for everything else.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I only have one Background task on Accuweather. Most live tiles update without the need for it. But is just that after hearing so much terrible stuff about T-mobile I really don't want to get stuck in another terrible carrier and their Windows Phone offering are pretty awful too.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverdogz View Post
    Don't watch a video on data it will suck data like there's no tomorrow. But other than that 2GB is enough for everything else.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    What about Pandora/Zune pass?

I use about 220m of data per month. Most of the places I am at have wifi so its no big deal, aside from being able to stream my music I dont expect any sudden data increases on ATT over Sprint come march.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,768 Global Posts
    WiFi on at home. I never go over 1GB, usually around 750MB. I'll use GPS, I never stream music, but I have listened to internet radio stations from time to time.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    How many youtube videos you think will make me pass 1GB of data?

Edit:

Ok so I took a look at my bills. But it doesn't show the data in GB, how much is this?

Last edited by Winterfang; 02-06-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,768 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    How many youtube videos you think will make me pass 1GB of data?
    I think there is too big of a variable there to know for sure. Some are long some are short, some are in low resolution, some are in high resolution.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Yeah I guess is true. I really really don't want a 200 dollar bill.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,768 Global Posts
    Yeah I guess is true. I really really don't want a 200 dollar bill.
    I would think you could monitor your data usage online through AT&T like we do in the states.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Yeah, what about the number I posted up there? Is that less than 1GB or is it 9GB?

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Assuming that's in KB, so that's about 990MB which is obviously less than 1GB.

If it were in MB, you'd be using ~990 GBs on your phone which is in the realm of impossibility

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Mmm I guess I could live with 3GB since I'll be using Wifi more while on AT&T =)

There is still a way to get unlimited data on att

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    In a new contract? How?

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bush715 View Post
    There is still a way to get unlimited data on att
    how?

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Just monitor your usage through AT&T site. It'll show you how much you've used. AT&T also will send you a text when you're reaching your monthly limit.

Wifi is pretty much everywhere nowadays. But I purposely use my 4G* network until I am darn near at the limit. It's not like they have rollover data, so I try to use it.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Wifi is not that spread out here and I haven't connected into a Wifi network that wasn't slower than edge.

WiFi at home, WiFi at my apartment, WiFi on campus. I have never gone over 500 MB.

Granted, I check my data by dialing *3282#
    snowmutt and 5tephen like this.

In a new contract? How?
    You have to get the original iphone because the plan needs to be activated on itunes. The sim MUST not have been used on an iphone EVER.You then choose the unlimited 2g plan with 200 texts. After activating the sim on the iphone you gave to wait around 72 hrs for it to take effect on the account. Then switch the sim to the desired sim call att you are then grandparented to that unlimited data they will then upgrade you to unlimited 3g/4g. Has bern verified on xda and by two att employees I know.
    Last edited by bush715; 02-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    WiFi at home, WiFi at my apartment, WiFi on campus. I have never gone over 500 MB.

That's what I do, too. Because that way it comes through as a text and you're not using any data to find out.
    Wifi at home
    Wifi at work

Turned wifi off on my phone. I wanted to see how much data I actually use. Discovered that I used my wifi in spurts. I'm halfway through my month and I'm only at 300 or so MBs out of 2GBs. My usage spikes depending on how I feel like using my phone. Some days are video heavy but often I'm browsing the net (I do that a lot) or using integrated services like mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. My home just recently got actual 4G (not LTE). It's still "slow" but more than capable of handling video streaming. However, video streaming isn't too bad when I'm on regular 3G.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,768 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post

With all that WiFi, I am surprised you use any 3G data at all.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast