Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I went into Rogers today and saw this sweet looking Nokia Universal Dash so I tried it out with my Lumia 800 and all goes well so at the counter I asked about the 710 and the sales guy was like "Yeah we just got them in for 255 unlocked. Amazing phone the only phone to really rival the iOS and functionality with Mango is amazing" he kept going on and on about it and briefly mentioned that they might get the Lumia 900 in March/May. He also said that Mango and Lumia phones have all been getting great reviews etc

Glad to see sales rep in Canada excited about it of course its only one store but I might pop in another Rogers and see what they have to say about it. I was going to buy it straight up but its not unlocked kinda choked.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts
    It's nice to hear about sales reps like that.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I popped into a Rogers store on Monday, and started with a simple what can you tell me about this phone, pointing to the Samsung Focus on display. I spent the rest of the time listening. He eventually brought out the not-yet-in-the-display-cabinet 710. He had very positive things to say about the OS, and had obviously been keeping an eye on MobileSyrup, althought he had some of his figures wrong. Ironically, the only negative thing he had to say about any OS was the old WMobile with the "little stylus". I don't think he saw my Lg eXpo (with dangling stylus) poking out underneath my jacket :D
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020

Do what I did. Buy unlocked online from a retailer. They are unlocked and not bound to a carrier.

Willem
    the Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    So I went into Rogers today and saw this sweet looking Nokia Universal Dash so I tried it out with my Lumia 800 and all goes well so at the counter I asked about the 710 and the sales guy was like "Yeah we just got them in for 255 unlocked. Amazing phone the only phone to really rival the iOS and functionality with Mango is amazing" he kept going on and on about it and briefly mentioned that they might get the Lumia 900 in March/May. He also said that Mango and Lumia phones have all been getting great reviews etc

Glad to see sales rep in Canada excited about it of course its only one store but I might pop in another Rogers and see what they have to say about it. I was going to buy it straight up but its not unlocked kinda choked.
    It's my understanding that you can buy it outright, then pay an additional $30 to have it unlocked in store.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    That's good to hear about Rogers. I bought my Lumia 710 from them online and I'm still waiting for it.

As a side note, Fido sent me the wrong SIM card. I ordered a microSIM and they sent a regular one. Can I just cut the regular one down?

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trickym81 View Post
    That's good to hear about Rogers. I bought my Lumia 710 from them online and I'm still waiting for it.

As a side note, Fido sent me the wrong SIM card. I ordered a microSIM and they sent a regular one. Can I just cut the regular one down?
    As far as I know, yes. Absolutely you can.
    Lumia 620

Quote Originally Posted by trickym81 View Post

Hope this helps:

How to make your own iPad or iPhone 4 micro SIM | News | TechRadar

Or you could always get one of these if you're really clumsy ;)

Amazon.com: Micro SIM Cutter, Converter with 2 SIM adapters: Electronics

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ymala1 View Post
    Yup, I have one of those. SIM cutter is good, but the microSIM adapters they include are useless.