Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Ok? Bad?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

It's fine, unless you have a really old phone with an old tech battery.

Nokia actually put out some "cell phone myths" thing recently that mentioned the myth about charging batteries too long or too often. It was true years ago, but not in the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam91 View Post
    Ok? Bad?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    Plug all the phones! :D

Click to view quoted image
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7
    HeyCori, jeff4L and 5tephen like this.
  4. lumic
    Even if it did deteriorate the battery slightly, it's a small price to pay for convenience.
    Last edited by lumic; 01-15-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Charge as often as possible and definitely before it runs flat. Li-Ion is designed to be charged on and off.

As for leaving it in. The actual charge process is disabled by the software once it reaches full charge.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Remember the ABC of gadgets.

Always
    Be
    Charging
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Actually li-on battery's should avoid full charge.... Check out my signature .. In the thread I have multy links regarding Battery's by MS.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    question: can you even charge an HTC Radar when it's off? every time I try to turn my phone off and charge it, it turns itself back on!

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystinonfire View Post
    question: can you even charge an HTC Radar when it's off? every time I try to turn my phone off and charge it, it turns itself back on!
    no I believe all Windows Phones need to be on to charge

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    no I believe all Windows Phones need to be on to charge

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express
    and if its off it will turn on, on its own! witch is actually a bad thing , i dunno why MS did that.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    and if its off it will turn on, on its own! witch is actually a bad thing , i dunno why MS did that.
    My understanding is that the OS manages the battery charging.
    Overnight is pretty much the only time I charge my phone. Plug it in at night, and in the morning, me and my phone are fresh and ready to face the world! :)

Well, at least my phone is. :\
    The Start screen arrow must DIE!

Actually li-on battery's should avoid full charge.... Check out my signature .. In the thread I have multy links regarding Battery's by MS.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    To clarify this missing information statement. Leaving it plugged in will not matter. How the battery is charged is set by the manufacturer which is why your phones turn on when you charge them. Also, some li-on batteries do need to be discharged fully periodically to calibrate them.
    Well the best thing if you have this kind of battery is that you can charge your phone always :D I want to buy solar charger, some ideas about the prize? :)
    LG Optimus Me - LG Optimus 7

I plug mine in so I can do wifi stuff with Zune (and podcasts). Technically the best thing for Li-Ion is to avoid deep discharges and full charges. If you could run it somewhere between 30% and 80% that would last the longest. But there's no way to do that conveniently so I just plug 'er in every night without thinking twice.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Even if charging overnight all night kills the battery, they're cheap to replace now. I think you can get a new one for $30-$40 depending on the phone.

I do believe this issue is a myth with modern battery technology.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Android phones and iphones do the same thing, so MS isn't alone in that.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Android phones and iphones do the same thing, so MS isn't alone in that.
    Well with the iPhone, I could turn it off after I plugged it in and it would continue to charge. I don't know about Android.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    Well with the iPhone, I could turn it off after I plugged it in and it would continue to charge. I don't know about Android.
    I didn't know you could turn the iphone off after plugging it in. My motorola droid would turn on when plugged in and I couldn't turn it off.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,757 Global Posts
    We just got lithium powered drills at work. The real odd thing I noticed about them is they stay at 100% power until they die. They're not like the old nickel cadmium batteries that slow down as the charge gets lower.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    If you can avoid charging overnight, avoid it!

It doesn't matter if you charge it 6 times a day as long as it isn't at 100% and still charging. I usually stop it around the high 90s.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    If you can avoid charging overnight, avoid it!

It doesn't matter if you charge it 6 times a day as long as it isn't at 100% and still charging. I usually stop it around the high 90s.
    im pretty sure there is a discrepancy between what the % says and actual charge. By that I mean there should be measures to keep the battery from charging to much. Its also probably why the battery drains quick through the first 10%. Unless you have a crappy 3rd party charger than all bets might be off. I'm not sure if it is controlled from the phone side as well

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I think it's all in your head. Batteries are made to last 2-3 years, which is how long a contract is.
    Long enough for you to get a new phone. So just set it and forget it people.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    I think it's all in your head. Batteries are made to last 2-3 years, which is how long a contract is.
    Long enough for you to get a new phone. So just set it and forget it people.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Batteries had a charge limit or something I heard. So it shouldn't matter if you make a quick charge or a long one. It still going to die after a certain time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast