Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hello,

It seems like the People Hub on the Windows Phone just processes the unfiltered information from Facebook. For example, I have one particular friend of mine who sends out tons and tons and tons of game requests. I have gone to facebook, altered my subscription settings for them. However, going through my People Hub, all the crap is still there.

I take it that this how it is suppose to work? This is a MS "feature" and not a "bug?" Will future versions improve on this?

Also, do you think there is a chance that the People Hub will evolve to the point where I don't have to manually put thousands of Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin into groups on the phone and separately in hotmail, that one day, maybe they will actually work together?

I love the Windows Phone, but the more I use it, the more these basic "features" feel greatly unfinished. That, in traditional MS fashion, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That Hotmail, Windows Live and WP7, we forced together only on the most basic level, but that they lack the elegance of an iTunes as a management platform?

- Roger

Unfortunatly thats how it works for now, I have alot of the fb games, apps, blocked on the fb web site and get them in the people hub, and or what ever group they are in on my WP. WP facebook is still considered 3rd party for FB, so I guess fb settings don't apply to WP, yet. The only FB groups that seem to have any affect on WP for me is restricted users and close friends. Whomever you put in close friends group on fb will show their posts on your ME tile as long as they didn't change 3rd party app settings in FB.

JMS9129,

Thanks, I figured it worked that way. I guess we can only hope that MS recognizes it too and will fix it in a year or two or three down the road.

- Roger

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Huston View Post
    JMS9129,

Thanks, I figured it worked that way. I guess we can only hope that MS recognizes it too and will fix it in a year or two or three down the road.

- Roger
    LMAO! I agree with the sentiment, but hopefully it won't be more than a year :P

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    If it really bothers you just use the mobile version. It's the only alternative I can stand unless there are other Facebook app alternatives out there cuz the official one sucks. It's so laggy and just a pain to use.
    Hm. I don't get any of that in my People hub. I would definitely notice because i hate that stuff, and have it all blocked on my Facebook.
    The Start screen arrow must DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Mazzenga View Post
    Hm. I don't get any of that in my People hub. I would definitely notice because i hate that stuff, and have it all blocked on my Facebook.
    Same here. Are you guys actually blocking the apps, or doing something else? Do they show up in Privacy Settings -> Manage Blocking -> Blocked apps?

A few days ago, I got an email from Windows Live services stating that my link to Facebook had not/could not login to Facebook in a while and to visit the Live services page to login again. I did this and now I am able to see posts of some people in the People hub of which previously I could not. I could see their posts in the Facebook app, but had always thought this was be because they had their Facebook security settings to not allow 3rd party access. I wonder if something has changed with regard to the People hub not being seen as a 3rd party app. Filters still are not consistent with my Facebook setting, though.