Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    There was nothing at this CES. I have the feeling that Microsoft might kill the platform, I'm uneasy.

Yes, they are very real.

Global Posts
    5,049 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    There was nothing at this CES. I have the feeling that Microsoft might kill the platform, I'm uneasy.
    They have to bide their time. i mean they announced new devices from nokia and htc with lte support so I would assume there will at least be an update sometime soon for lte capabilites.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I hope that's true, the other two keynotes where very different from this one. And I mean everyone was interested in Windows Phone this year, it had a good buzz going around.
    I think they just want to ride the buzz for a bit before announcing Tango. Remember Tango isn't going to be as impressive as Mango so it makes sense to not make a huge deal about it.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 (cyan)

Phones no longer with us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Motorola 120X, LG C1300, Motorola U6 Pebl, Samsung A867 Eternity, Samsung i677 Focus Flash

If they weren't real then Microsoft wouldn't have wasted time creating websites and apps to get feature suggestions for the next release. They also wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes of their CES conference promoting WP7. They also wouldn't be investing upwards of for marketing $200 million with Nokia in the US alone.

So yes, there is no reason to feel uneasy
    aubreyq likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    If they weren't real then Microsoft wouldn't have wasted time creating websites and apps to get feature suggestions for the next release. They also wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes of their CES conference promoting WP7. They also wouldn't be investing upwards of for marketing $200 million with Nokia in the US alone.

So yes, there is no reason to feel uneasy
    This.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    Windows mobile has been around for a while. I've had 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1. It's not going away, plus with the money they are investing in advertising the Nokia line in the states.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    is tango supposed to be offering any new features? I was under the impression it was aimed at lower end devices.

That said I wish they would bring out something with a few of the items that really separate it from the big boys, ie notifications, etc. They are really close, getting some really good exposure, and I would hate to lose that momentum.

Global Posts
    2,186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Windows mobile has been around for a while. I've had 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1. It's not going away, plus with the money they are investing in advertising the Nokia line in the states.
    Windows Mobile is dead long live Windows Phone!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Tango might not affect us at all.

And Apollo may not hit until late this year. So CES would be a little soon to talk about it.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    This is exactly why this will be Microsoft's last showing at CES, product launches don't coincide with the show.

Plus there have been showings of WP8 tablets. So I'm sure plans are in the pipeline.

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express
    aubreyq and Nataku4ca like this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    First, Microsoft announced at CES LTE support which is huge for U.S. carriers.

Second, Microsoft had always announced the next version of Windows Phone at Mobile World Conference. Isn't this pretty much well known fact?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illegaloperation View Post
    First, Microsoft announced at CES LTE support which is huge for U.S. carriers.

Second, Microsoft had always announced the next version of Windows Phone at Mobile World Conference. Isn't this pretty much well known fact?
    Oooh!! I got the places confused. Mobile World was the place when they announced the Nokia stuff and all those mango features right?
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Oooh!! I got the places confused. Mobile World was the place when they announced the Nokia stuff and all those mango features right?
    Microsoft announced Windows Phone 7 at Mobile World Congress 2010 and Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) at Mobile World Congress 2011.
    Last edited by illegaloperation; 01-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Correct. You must've been thinking Mobile World Congress (MWC) all along. It's held in Barcelona, Spain every February. It's all about phones, so expect new information as to what's coming for the OS. Like the other poster said, CES is not a good platform to reveal phone info with MWC happening a month later. Gotta save the good stuff for MWC.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Good, let's hope we see some sexy phones to T-mobile then and soon. I want to jump ship :)

"Kill the platform"?? Steady on there!! Be chilled (:D), MS aren't killing anything off right now or even in the distant future. MS and Nokia currently totally committed to Metro UI and Windows Phone.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

So.... my friend just came back from interning with Intel last summer and fall. He got to play with Windows Phone 8 Apollo and Windows 8. It is very real!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i could of told you about CES not showing off TANGO/apollo

not due for an other 5monthts + , wait till the next big event.

same thing with other Phones, maybe Samsung dint get the new WP ready on time for CES doesn't mean we wont get any.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Tango 2 will be targeted at low-cost devices and include fixes and new features, as well as services and language support for markets that still won’t have been addressed after the Tango1 release. I got this from wmpoweruser.com

Tango 2 will be aimied at low-cost devices but will include fixes and also new features. I am sure Microsoft is listening and I am going to guess maybe throw Skype into the mix. There is now way Nokia will Launch a flagship device with no dedicated webchat app sorry Tango (video chat) isn't going to cut it.

By the look of things WP 7 to WP 7.5 was HUGE and I expect WP 7.5 to WP 8 will be even bigger.

Also the WP buzz is huge right now WP and Windows 8 won CES IMO

Also CES is about electronics = hardware not software
    Last edited by based_graham; 01-11-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: forgot to add one thing

Global Posts
    1,127 Global Posts
    I bought mine on a whim, and am glad I did.
    Winterfang likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    I think we need to enjoy our phones and stop trying to read into everything whether or not WP is going to fail.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    jfa1 and Big Supes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    i think we need to enjoy our phones and stop trying to read into everything whether or not wp is going to fail.

Sent from my mwp6985 using board express
    Qft!
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Microsoft's keynote this year was an absolute joke. They obviously were done with CES but were contractually obliged to be there. They didn't announce anything, and I honestly felt like I wasted an hour of my time watching an advertisement of old Microsoft products.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast