Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rpm5101 View Post
    I like how in the Xbox Live hub, you can cause an earthquake for your avatar by shaking your phone all around. Sometimes they fall over and get mad at you, swiping you back to the home screen.

One thing (that is a glitch, not an Easter egg) that I've noticed, is if you're scrolling down the home page and press the Windows button, it will jump to the top and the keep scrolling down.
    if you keep doing the earthquake thing on your avatar he gets mad and stomps the ground and it looks like your screen cracks preety cool!
    Thanked by:
    vp710 likes this.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    when you hold down the start button to get to tellme you can get examples of what you can say from microsoft. in battery saver there is a heart around the battery indicator. also windows phone says goodbye when you turn it off
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    That guy just strikes me as a typical apple fan who hates MS. Designed in California doesn't strike up any of that imagery....just tells me where it was designed
    Slamming Joel as a typical apple fan?

Come on man, the guy does kindof have a point in the article.

Also, he is Joel, he inspires me to write better code every day. Ex Microsoft guy too, he designed VBA for applications for the office team when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
    Slamming Joel as a typical apple fan?

Come on man, the guy does kindof have a point in the article.

Also, he is Joel, he inspires me to write better code every day. Ex Microsoft guy too, he designed VBA for applications for the office team when he was there.
    I completely disagree. When I got my first iPod and I saw that I was a little upset. Right next to designed in California they all say made or assembled in China. Which makes it worse as I believe either Boston or Bose said designed in Boston made in Ohio, though this was in the 90s.

Oh well it is a blog, nothing to poo poo over.
  5. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm5101 View Post
    I like how in the Xbox Live hub, you can cause an earthquake for your avatar by shaking your phone all around. Sometimes they fall over and get mad at you, swiping you back to the home screen.

I'm sure mine used to do that but now he doesn't ....he just starts dancing....
    dbcel likes this.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Cool stuff in xbox live hub that I never knew, i think ms needs to make an xbox live tutorial book for us all ;-)

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

I'm sure mine used to do that but now he doesn't ....he just starts dancing....
    Just tried it myself and you're right. Theres varrying degrees of response.

Simple shake - Dancing
    Medium Shake - Falls to the right and gets up angry
    Hard Shake - Falls to the right, gets up and stomps, screen cracks
    Hard Continuous shake - Falls to the left, gets up and grimaces, pulls the Xbox Live Games screen over
  8. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woll View Post

Simple shake - Dancing
    Hard Continuous shake - Falls to the left, gets up and grimaces, pulls the Xbox Live Games screen over
    Still can't do it :(

He just stands there...dancing.....mocking me.....

My favorite little extra feature with Windows Phone 7.5 is that when the battery gets really low, I get a little notification box that says: "Battery is really low. Don't miss anything important, charge your battery now" That "Don't miss anything important" is touching really, I have used Symbian and iOS before and their battery low warning is just plain "battery low". Windows Phone really is more personal and more connected to the user :happy:

Also the "Goodbye" when powering off, changing smiley faces with text messages...I feel like my Lumia is a living thing that wants to interact with it's master lol :giggle:

R.I.P Nokia Mobile Phones 03.09.2013 :'(

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwp7 View Post
    Ha, no I'm not lying.

It is VERY hard to read to text, but it is there.

Looking at my calendar I can make out:

-Clam (something) tackle

-Hello from Seattle

There are many others, but I just cant make them out.
    I noticed the Seattle one too! You can tell because you'll add an event that's only one word (for example), but in the month view you can clearly identify three words.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roffleswaffles View Post
    So today, I was busy helping someone out and I couldn't attend to my phone. I came back and I had like, 5 messages waiting for me and the little smiley switched from ;-) to :-o

lolololol :giggle:
    When there's an error sending a message, it changes to a :-(
    I'm so disappointed... I can't make trigger the Xbox earthquake or screen crack. I'm sure I looked stupid shaking my phone violently. When I try he just freezes until I tap the screen again, and then he does the dance moves.

I wonder if that was an easter egg in Mango that was taken out of Tango...
    It's not really an easter egg, but it's an unobvious element of the notifications is being able to swipe it (right) off the screen to dismiss them. I use this for Wifi and text notifications all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    I'm so disappointed... I can't make trigger the Xbox earthquake or screen crack. I'm sure I looked stupid shaking my phone violently. When I try he just freezes until I tap the screen again, and then he does the dance moves.

I wonder if that was an easter egg in Mango that was taken out of Tango...
    I tried it earlier and it does work, but it took me an age of shaking before he finally stamped his feet and the screen "cracked"/

you can try triggering the earthquakes sweeping the screen left and right rapidly, that works on 7.8 as well.
    (Sorry for the bad English)
    1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Yeah, you have to shake him for a while before he cracks your screen. The above method works in 7.5 too. Just sweep left-right for a while and it will do the same. Just dont scroll him off the page completely or it restarts. Mine even gives a quick vibrate when the screen cracks.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,458 Global Posts
    I didn't know it would fake crack the screen! I just did it, awesome!
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Not really an Easter Egg, but pressing the Back button when on your Start Screen will take you back to the app that you used most recently.

Also, holding down Start and pressing the power button soon after will take a picture of your screen.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flan Tamarind View Post

Simple shake - Dancing
    He falls either way for me, for all of them, I seem to have a habit of having him fall to the left as opposed to the right. Also, he sometimes just shrugs it off, other times he doesn't even seem to care that he just got spindropped and just smiles after getting up.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    1,721 Global Posts
    Too small to read even with a magnifying glass. they're too pixelated....are you lying?
    No he sure isn't. I just made a dummy appointment and looked at the month view. Under the date and under magnification it says "lads honcus nis". Whatever THAT means. I actually googled that and found this twitter feed;

https://twitter.com/AMalloryD/status/334883411342790656

He has a picture showing a lot of them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12