The People Hub syncs the Friends I have from Facebook. I've since added some new friends but they aren't showing up in the People Hub. It's been about 6 hours. Is there something I'm missing to get People to sync the new contacts in Facebook, or is it just a matter of waiting some indeterminate amount of time for People Hub to get with the program?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    go to settings > email and accounts
    long press facebook and select sync
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by davidkhou View Post
    The People Hub syncs the Friends I have from Facebook. I've since added some new friends but they aren't showing up in the People Hub. It's been about 6 hours. Is there something I'm missing to get People to sync the new contacts in Facebook, or is it just a matter of waiting some indeterminate amount of time for People Hub to get with the program?
    It could possibly be teh security settings your new buddy has on their profile. Facebook treats Windows phone as a 3rd party application unfortunately. So if your new buddy doesn't have their profile exposed to 3rd party apps you'll never seen them in your People Hub. You'll have to make a Windows Live contact for them.

@ svtmook: This worked perfectly, thanks! I would have thought this feature was important enough to appear in the "..." menu.

You might edit your Facebook account and edit the sync frequency if you wish too. More often means more data and power.

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Something odd, I have one fb friend who doesn't show up in my people hub. I've been thru 3 phones, more then a few resets, and he still doesn't show up. All the rest do. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    Something odd, I have one fb friend who doesn't show up in my people hub. I've been thru 3 phones, more then a few resets, and he still doesn't show up. All the rest do. Strange.
    Go back a few posts and read blehblehbleh's post. I also have 2 fb friends who don't show up in my people hub and I'm pretty sure it's because they're using very limiting privacy settings. I have no idea what specific setting causes this though.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Go back a few posts and read blehblehbleh's post. I also have 2 fb friends who don't show up in my people hub and I'm pretty sure it's because they're using very limiting privacy settings. I have no idea what specific setting causes this though.
    yep, my wife has hers set that way and doesn't show up in my contacts either.