Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I am looking for a cheap WP phone to try out windows I am on At&t and this is mainly a backup phone but after having all the other OS I figure I might as well give WP a try.

Focus<Focus Flash<Focus S<Titan. :)

The Titan has a metallic unibody that just feels awesome and the giant SLCD screen is very beautiful. The Focus S has SAMOLED+, which is beautiful, too, but feels cheap. The Focus Flash is a more basic phone, but it is still very, very sweet. The Focus is a first-generation phone that doesn't have a front-facing camera. You could probably find it for really cheap and it is still very fluid and beautiful.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    I would go with a used Focus. It's a nice phone and you can get one for just over $100. This would allow you to give it a try without being on a two year contract. Don't like WP7, sel the Focus; no harm done. If you do like it, wait until spring to se what the second generation phones look like and go with one of the new ones then.

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts
    I have the focus now and like it a lot I am waiting to see what the Nokia 900 and the HTC titan like entry will look like both the 900 and titanesque device are supposed to have LTE radios and hopefully both will have a 32GB storage option. With Apollo coming in June 2012 there will be NFC capability and likely dual core processing. In the meantime try a used focus I think you will like it.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
    I would go with a used Focus. It's a nice phone and you can get one for just over $100. This would allow you to give it a try without being on a two year contract. Don't like WP7, sel the Focus; no harm done. If you do like it, wait until spring to se what the second generation phones look like and go with one of the new ones then.
    Where can I get one for just over $100?

eBay Craigslist. Possibly but doubtfully amazon
    Current: iPhone 4S
    Past: [Palm] Pre 2, Pre+ - [iPhone] White 3GS 16gb, Black 3G 8gb - [Blackberry] Torch 9800, Onyx 9700, Bold 9000, Pearl 8120 - [Android] HTC Aria - [WM] HTC Fuze, HTC HD7S

Are you looking at getting a phone on contract, or buying a phone outright? If on contract, Focus Flash, its virtually free. If not on contract, then it really depends on what you can find and at what price, etc.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enahs555 View Post
    Are you looking at getting a phone on contract, or buying a phone outright? If on contract, Focus Flash, its virtually free. If not on contract, then it really depends on what you can find and at what price, etc.
    That all depends on if I can get a used phone cheap and the up coming phones really look that good.

I have looked and looked at the Flash and it seems pretty good but coming from Android and Samsung's track record of phones there makes it hard to pull the trigger

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Where can I get one for just over $100?
    Check Craigslist local to you and then eBay. It might cost a bit more than a $100 but stil a god investment.

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Definitely a Focus. I got mine in fair condition (nice screen but scratches on housing) for $90 on Cowboom.com.

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts
    here's the url for an ebay page with a bunch of foci for your viewing. This an ATT page

Samsung SGH i917 Focus - Black AT T Smartphone 635753486537 | eBay
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    Developer

I just bought a mint condition used Focus on craigslist for $80 (they were asking $100, I offered $75).