Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jimski
  • 1 Post By selfcreation

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Epic light show at Millbank Tower, London. [VIDEO]

Honestly, shouldn't Microsoft and Nokia be doing awesome **** like this over on this side of the pond?

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts
    Can't advertise phones you cant buy. Just wait.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    But you can buy the HTC Titan and the Samsung Focus S. You'd think Microsoft would want to advertise with all of it's partners who produce phones for wp7.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    Oh, Does Nokia make phones? I thought they just did concerts at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, :D
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Maybe MS is just laying the groundwork, now. We're like the massive beta group :P Wait until the Apollo arrives... the harbinger of the future, as MS sees it :D

edit:kk, that was cheesy.

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts
    After seeing the Into ads, no doubt there will be a Lumia 800 in my meat hooks this spring!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

This was more Nokia's doing than Microsoft.

It was mighty awesome though. Would love to see stuff like that here.
    Banned

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    American consumers are a bit less fickle than Europeans. That's why Apple doesn't grow large marketshare, but they never lose any, and Android is gaining the way it is. People here are generally not likely to consider alternatives as much, especially when almost all those phones come with locked 3G bands or from a carrier on contract.

If they just bought phonex, they won't care that Microsoft has great advertising. The amount of the market that chases technology the way many early adopters here do, is very very small.

I don't think we'll see the full impact Nokia and the better WP7 devices (and later updates) have on the market until a lot of those contracts fall off next year...

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Its the reason you see all young americans wearing exactly the same outfits at the same time. They are told what is cool they don't decide what is cool. Thats left to the europeans.
    Banned

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    The Europeans thought symbian was cool. Look how that panned out.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
    Its the reason you see all young americans wearing exactly the same outfits at the same time. They are told what is cool they don't decide what is cool. Thats left to the europeans.
    Nice stereotype.

I do not care about trendy fashion or trendy stuff. I buy what I want and think is cool. I would almost guarantee most of that does not get on the european "cool" list.

Is the OP the Deadmou5 show on the building? That was amazing to watch on youtube even. Would have loved to be able to attend something like that.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Guess you missed that 50' tall Windows Phone in NYC two weeks ago. When Nokia finally hits the US shore I am certain they will do it with a bang.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    Curtieson likes this.

If you go to Disneyland, they have a similar thing they do with the Small World building. It's pretty amazing to see these projection shows in person. The accuracy of the projections can be quite impressive. They can make individual windows look like they're opening and closing because the projection lines up perfectly with the window. To see it on the huge scale that Nokia did would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Guess you missed that 50' tall Windows Phone in NYC two weeks ago. When Nokia finally hits the US shore I am certain they will do it with a bang.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Damn, you beat me too it...can't believe it took someone that long though to mention it!

Yea...but Europe is way cooler than the US...you would never see something as cool as the 50' Windows Phone they are building in Paris in the US. Amirite?

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    I vote Las Vegas as the coolest place on Earth.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    I vote Las Vegas as the coolest place on Earth.
    winner

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    There simply is no "Europe" it is a group of several markets that often don't overlap . So I think that the US as a single country actually has more going on than most other countries. I'm sure Nokia has something planned in Europe.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Thanks for the post though OP, I have been listening to DeadMau5 all morning now, I likes!

Quote Originally Posted by marbla View Post
    There simply is no "Europe"
    I don't even have to "read" any further to "know" that a post that starts like that is going "south" in a "hurry".
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    the fact that MS invested 7-8 billion into NOKIA they tend to push nokia a little more then Samsung and HTC that has ZERO investment from MS
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

purefire likes this.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    I don't even have to "read" any further to "know" that a post that starts like that is going "south" in a "hurry".
    Oops, I am sorry that the post didn't convey what I meant to say more specifically. While I would describe myself as a European, the fact is that markets in the countries are often autonomous. A sweepstake or coupon in Britain rarely works in Germany and vice versa. That is what I meant with my statement.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    And besides, I am sure the Nokia ad train will head to the states when the phone becomes available. The brand has traditionally been strong in European markets, so it's no surprise that they would float the idea there first.