Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Never bought from Ebay. Does this look like a fully functional working HTC Trophy? Is that a decent price?

HTC Trophy - Very Good Black Verizon Cell Phone | eBay

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Gazelle is a pretty reputable seller. You should be fine with them

Looking around, you can get one for slightly worse condition for about $20 cheaper. Don't think the price they are charging is out of line though

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Ok sweet. So there is no catch here all I would have to do is activate this with my verizon plan and it would work perfectly lol? sorry just paranoid!

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    anyone else help please??

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Yes, you should be fine. Just call up/go to verizon to get it set up

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Yep buckeyeballer09 that would be it :)

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    BTW buckeyeballer09 you can tell if someone is a reputable seller by looking at the top right hand corner of the screen. With this seller you can see they have sold 127,632 items and have 99.4% positive feedback, which is amazing.

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Will it require a sim card or does it come with that? I cant tell? Also I have a blackberry tour right now could I use my sim from that if it didnt come with one?

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    VZW doesn't use sim cards except for the global feature. Either way you should be able to pop your current one into the new one to keep that capability

Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    Will it require a sim card or does it come with that? I cant tell? Also I have a blackberry tour right now could I use my sim from that if it didnt come with one?
    If your current phone uses a SIM sounds like you are on a GSM network in which case you dont want this Trophy as it doesnt use a SIM as it is a CDMA device which doesnt use SIM cards apart from approved ones for roaming. What carrier are you currently on?

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Maybe it doesnt use a sim idk! I am on verizon

Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts
    OK, you are good to go then.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts
    I would ask if it really only has 8GB of storage, as the US HTC Trophys all came with 16GB of file storage.

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I give up I have been trying all day and all I keep getting is "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time." I am about to just use my contract upgrade on verizon.

Well, if you buy it new you can get a 25 dollar prepaid card from Microsoft. Unfortunately Verizon saw fit to jack up the price of the Trophy right after Mango came out (gee, thanks!), but at least this helps a little bit

https://windowsphone.promo.eprize.co...mptionprogram/

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Oh well thats a nice little deal. Does that count if I buy a phone off verizons website with my upgrade or does it have to be on microsofts website? Also if I buy a certified pre owned trophy off verizons site does that count?

I'm pretty sure it would work wherever you buy it - just need the receipt and proof of purchase off of the box. I have no idea about a preowned trophy from Verizon...my assumption would be that it wouldn't work.
    Last edited by johaas; 11-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.

I'm due for an upgrade on my Fascinate, and this is looking mighty tempting. I'll try to hold off another month or so.

That's the problem with Verizon... Though their network quality is better than ATT, the phone selection is poor, and you can't simply buy unlocked phones from other places, especially foreign phones...

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    I give up I have been trying all day and all I keep getting is "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time." I am about to just use my contract upgrade on verizon.
    Its $75 at bestbuy.com