Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Zero communication from MSFT, AT&T, and Samsung. Lame.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    think they said early November :(
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    If they had come forward and said so, we wouldn't be asking here. As the OP said, there was absolutely zero communication on this. ATT, MSFT, WP, Samsung support reps just refuse to answer the question on Twitter. Shame on MSFT.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    well when every one else got mango , they still said early to mid november. it was posted in an article on engaget and on wpcentral.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!

Global Posts
    2,637 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaksnar View Post
    If they had come forward and said so, we wouldn't be asking here. As the OP said, there was absolutely zero communication on this. ATT, MSFT, WP, Samsung support reps just refuse to answer the question on Twitter. Shame on MSFT.
    Blame Samsung for switching the hardware on MS and not telling them. If MS can update all the devices from htc, LG and even the troublesome dell with few issues that should tell you the problem is with Samsung not microsoft.
    jaded skies likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Blame Samsung for switching the hardware on MS and not telling them. If MS can update all the devices from htc, LG and even the troublesome dell with few issues that should tell you the problem is with Samsung not microsoft.
    I know that the issue is because of Samsung. But I'm blaming Microsoft's communication here and not the actual issue itself. Also, v1.4 phones outside US has been already updated to Mango. The ball is now in ATT's court actually. But it was MSFT who promised us during NoDo update that the issue will not repeat.

TLDR, even if it was Samsung's mistake initially for changing the hardware, it is MSFT's fault subsequently for making Samsung get away with that, failing to keep up the promise on Mango update and poor communication regarding the updates to the users. Hope you understand. Thanks.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    well when every one else got mango , they still said early to mid november. it was posted in an article on engaget and on wpcentral.
    Are you mentioning about the leaked ATT email ? It said 10/28 and that date has come and gone. But I don't remember seeing any timeline specific for Focus v1.4. Searched in WPCentral and Engadget but don't see that. May be i'm missing something.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    well I’m sure it was just rumor , like 99% of the news we see , but they were saying mid November.... considering thats when the new phones come out (iish ) i wouldn’t be surprised. And im not talking about the leaked e-mail. But I remember that time line. lol

seriously regretting getting involved with MSFT on this phone. This update is key to me staying with it, or I will go back to the iPhone, which has way more features, and apps than even Mango. MSFT really does not get it, and I do blame them.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Bump. <fainthope> Anyone knows anything we should be aware of? </fainthope>

I feel for you - and updates are a key for me too.

My advice is to hit the blogs - leave some comments on the Windows Phone blog, maybe fire off a few tweets too at the WindowsPhone twitter account.

Head over to windowsphone.uservoice.com too, and leave feedback for them asking for the update to be brought to your handset.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Honestly, more than enough people have left comments on phone updates posts on windowsteamblog.com blog. Now, they've started hijacking other posts too. Nothing from MS till now. Not long before we become too vocal. It's a minority but I think frustration is building up.

WHERE IS MANGO SAMSUNG FOR FOCUS 1.4

lets try to post our comments here , also give votes to this suggestion.

So, take this for what it is. I am not sure what it implies. But I and another person have been posting on every post at the Windows Phone Blog (official Microsoft blog) about the issue. We have been polite about it. Yesterday evening we were contacted by someone from Microsoft who would not speak on the situation but just said he wanted to make the situation right for us. So supposedly he is sending me a Focus rev 1.3 phone. I gave him my address last night, so hopefully he gets it sent out today before this post makes it way around and might **** him off and make him not send it!

He was very nice to me about the situation, but still would not address the issue.

Maybe he is just trying to stop us from posting in every Microsoft blog post about the 1.4 Focus, or maybe it is just never going to happen. I have no idea. But take it for what it is, and hopefully this post will not prevent me from getting the new 1.3 phone from him!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    @enahs555 Does that mean MS is trying to bribe you to brush the issue under the carpet? Scandal, I say. :-)
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,178 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that Mango is going to come late for the 1.4 just like NoDo did. Unfortunately, that's little comfort for those still waiting for Mango goodness.

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Still waiting here for my wife's phone too. ATT went so far as to delete my post when I questioned then about it on their Facebook page! I'm normally pretty patient, but that flat out enraged me. If you don't know, tell me so, but don't just sweep be under the rug like that. I am NOT going away! >:-[

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that it's sometimes difficult to accurately verify attribution." ~ Abraham Lincoln

i agree, instead of correcting the problem, they seem to be going in the other direction it seems, by looking at their recent steps -- no status updates, ignoring all the questions, and that post yesterday where he was clearly trying to bribe , i did ask brian about it yesterday on his blog post too,
    it's just making me loose my mind .

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    @drankurn Just curious. Did Brian Seitz mentioned that publicly in his blog post? I don't see that in comments of any of the post. Can you link if so?

@blaksnar Brian gave his email in response to the couple of comments about the 1.4 and asked to email him, he specifically asked two posters and looks like he deleted that post today.

Quote Originally Posted by drankurn View Post
    @blaksnar Brian gave his email in response to the couple of comments about the 1.4 and asked to email him, he specifically asked two posters and looks like he deleted that post today.
    Yes, that is correct. But that might not be nefarious. He might just have started getting a bunch of other unwanted spam emails for making his email address public and decided to remove it.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    @drankurn @enahs555 Thanks!! Glad that you guys are pushing on it. I made couple of comments on their blog and gave up with no response. Keep us updated!!

@enahs555
    deleting his email is not the issue,
    what is he trying to accomplish by just contacting 2 people with focus 1.4, and he didn't answer my question when i asked about the purpose of it.

No mango on my 1.4 either. I'm running mine as my iPod Touch hater though (no SIM card), so hopefully I still get Mango when they release it....

Just to point people in the direction of some more information...

As this issue is also discussed on the Samsung Focus board on this forum, I put an update there, as Paul Thurrott revealed on the Windows Weekly podcast some information on what it is about the 1.4 that is so different from the other revisions (heres a clue: not a lot!).

http://forums.wpcentral.com/focus/182299-2.htm

HTH!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast