- 10-20-2011, 03:14 PM #1
Even though I've had my phone for almost a year, I never integrated Facebook into the People Hub. At first I was concerned about People Hub clutter, but later found that I can hide my FB contacts from the hub. I also know that FB considers WP7 a third-party app so I may miss some status updates based on their privacy settings.
Some questions for you:
1) How do you like using the People Hub with Facebook?
2) If you use or have used the official FB app, how does it compare?
3) Can I "undo" the integration?
4) Do my FB contacts get synced/mixed with my Windows Live contacts once I link FB to my phone? I wouldn't like that, btw.
Thanks in advance.
- 10-20-2011, 03:17 PM #2
1) Love it
2) use it with the people hub. It adds functionality that's missing from the people hub.
4) Yes, but not if you don't want to. You can set it in the setting menu where it won't integrate your FB contacts with your other contacts.Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
- 10-21-2011, 12:13 AM #7
I went ahead and did it. So far I'm liking it. I will try adding my Twitter account over the weekend to see how that goes.
Off topic: When I update my status, in addition to Facebook, I see an option for posting to Windows Live. My question is, what happens when you post to Windows Live? I mean, who will get that? Would that be an SMS to my regular contacts or something?
- 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM #9
its great up to a point, but as a 3rd party app some peoples facebook updates maynot show up depending on their privacy settings. Its fine as far as it goes, but i've gone back to the facebook app sadly as people hub doesnt update all my friends and the app does
- 10-24-2011, 10:55 AM #13
- Using the Me tile for a quick check of my notificiations
- Using the Me tile for quickly posting to FB, Twitter, or (very cool) both
- Sharing a picture on Facebook directly from the Pictures Hub
I consider the FB and Twitter integration an "almost there", but I will still use it.