Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

I find myself very antsy and wanting a WP7 NOW NOW NOW! But I realize that the Nokia phone is likely to be the one that 'hits the spot" more then a Samsung or HTC. Who else is going to be STRONG like me and wait another month?
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,091 Global Posts
    I'd like to find a replacement for my Nokia N8. I am not a big Symbian fan. I may have to wait until 2012, but that's ok.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    i had that same feeling of now now now now, so I hit up eBay for the HTC Arrive, but it was the perfect fit since I'm on Sprint and I wanted a physical keyboard

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Still waiting for a Titan but may just take whatever is first of the new mangos.

What I want is a Nokia SeaRay with HSPA on Verizon! That will really hit the spot for me.

Hopefully the SeaRay will drop to $80 prepaid in a year, I might get it then.
    Nokia Lumia 710: WP7.5 Mango -> WP7.8
    LG Optimus Quantum: WP7.5 Mango -> WP7.8
    HP Touchpad: WebOS 3.02 -> 3.05
    LG Optimus One: Android 2.2 Froyo -> 2.3 Gingerbread
    iPad 1: iOS 4.2 -> 5
    Nokia N95: Symbian s60-3
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Its the Focus S or Titan for me I can't wait any longer at this point its first come first serve.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,787 Global Posts
    KC, no iPhone? Hit your melon on something/ =D

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    What I want is a Nokia SeaRay with HSPA on Verizon! That will really hit the spot for me.
    Verizon is cdma and lte, HSPA is AT&T. I'm hoping for a Nokia on Verizon myself.

Global Posts
    2,761 Global Posts
    Im waiting on Nokia as well
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

It would be a bold face lie, if I said I was patiently waiting for any Nokia WP7 device, cause that is not the case. I want my Nokia like yesterday!!!

Not me. Waiting on the Focus S!

Global Posts
    2,368 Global Posts
    Define waiting and patiently please

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    I'm waiting, but depending on what is shown tomorrow with ICS I will probably dump my Arrive and go back to my Nexus S 4G when it becomes available. I'm looking for two things:

1. Fully hardware accelerated UI in Ice Cream (the biggest reason I left Android, on top of fragmentation)
    2. Better battery life

If these two things are highlighted/shown I will switch my line from my Arrive back to my Nexus (when the update is available). It will be hard because I like Windows Phone so much (being able to use hands-free in the car is my favorite feature because it is smoother and easier to use than Android), but Microsoft's lack of attention to Windows Phone is making me feel like the old days with my Pre.

Yes, right now is the wrong time to try and hype Windows Phone (maybe?) because of iPhone 4s hype and ICS and Nexus Prime hype. However, it still doesn't stop them from doing the small things to improve Windows Phone in the meantime, such as updating their own apps (really just ports....such as Angry Birds for background running and 60 FPS or Fruit Ninja for background running and 60 FPS). The fact that they haven't even updated THEIR OWN APPS (let alone they probably haven't even pushed for other developers to update their apps to Mango) makes me feel uncertain about the platform. Heck, with all the money they have they could simply contact all the developers for say like the top 100 apps in the marketplace and promote them to update them to include like what...3 or 4 lines of Mango code for a sum of money. Just the fact that they're sitting "satisfied" after releasing Mango kinda ticks me off...

It just feels like Windows Phone is a pet project for them to see if they can compete in the mobile wars. If they lose it'll be like "meh...we tried" and they'll move on with their other projects and the integration they're preparing for between XBox, Windows 8, etc...

I between the Nokia SeaRay or the iPhone 4S. Really really want Nokia to make a innovative device.

I'm a little dissapointed with Nokia after the N8. Don't know how I as able to hold onto it for so long (a year now). I desperately need another phone but I'm reluctant to go with iPhone and Android isn't an option for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i never liked NOKIA ( dunno if it was bad luck but ALL the nokia phones ive sold in store have come back and been exchanged for other phones ( they always had problems ) Mind you the American NOkia phones Suck compare to the once in the middle east and Europe ..

bad experience for me.

so Samsung focus S it is.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

1jaxstate1 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,458 Global Posts
    LOL, I thought I was the only one who disliked NOKIA phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    i never liked NOKIA ( dunno if it was bad luck but ALL the nokia phones ive sold in store have come back and been exchanged for other phones ( they always had problems ) Mind you the American NOkia phones Suck compare to the once in the middle east and Europe ..

bad experience for me.

so Samsung focus S it is.
    Although the N9 looks hot!
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 10-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    I've had tons of Nokia phones as that's all you could ever get here at one time until Sony Ericsson stuck their nose in.

My last Nokia was the N95. (Loved it, but it was a bit of a brick)

My Omnia 7 beats the pants out of anything I've had so far of course. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Have never really like Nokia styling. I will pick up a Titan but I am not very patient. My family has gotten their 4s phones and getting incredible HSPA speeds while I am still getting dial up speeds. :(
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,091 Global Posts
    My first Nokia was the N8. I also bought one for my wife, so I actually have two. It's been a great phone, zero problems. The camera and Nokia maps are outstanding. Once a comparable Nokia Win7 phone comes out, I'll get it. I am not a big Symbian3 fan, but it works.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    cckgz4 likes this.

Not patiently but I AM waiting, if the sea comes out in europe with pentaband, I will import that. If it dosnt have pentaband I guess I will have to wait for the ace next year, but it will be hard considering I want WP NOW so I may be tempted by titan and focus S... Currently I have a GS2 and its a great phone, just that wp7 is so damn good....and that sea ray in particular is just wow! Design wise for me. Please announce some good stuff for Nokia World!! A sea ray for US this year would be amazing, doubtful though...

im waiting for the conference and also i want to see Nokia windows phone devices to pick one

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I've got a chance to get a very cheap Samsung Omnia 7, but I too will wait for an announcement from Nokia World on 26 October.

Living in Europe I'm hoping I will see the new Nokias before you US guys!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Nokia Sea Ray Press Piccies

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-800-press-shots-emerge

Just incase you wan't a closer look. :)

Nice looking,(Omnia 7 esque) but no sense in getting a smaller screen than my Omnia 7. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:
    Stig 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    meh FOCUS S is gona come out before it ?? and its better . lol..

pretty much same specs cept the S is gona have bigger and better screen..

my prediction was right,, im staying with Samsung. lol
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast