Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Long story short, those that saw a battery decrease after Mango update, what is your battery life today?

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    my focus does well when I have everything shut off except for text and phone calls, and battery saver turned on. I have no problem manually checking my mail and facebook/twitter. I am sure once you start seeing dual core phones in the future, that battery life will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    my focus does well when I have everything shut off except for text and phone calls, and battery saver turned on. I have no problem manually checking my mail and facebook/twitter. I am sure once you start seeing dual core phones in the future, that battery life will improve.
    Sounds extreme. I have 3 email accounts checking every 15, 30, 1hr respectively. Facebook chat + notifications.

No matter what I do I will get through a full day.

And when I do less, about 60% remaining for the day.

HTC Arrive Mango.

no difference on my Focus

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    man! you guys are lucky, oh well, just got to keep it up until my upgrade in June :) I really love my focus though, Samsung can make a nice phone for sure!

Battery life is only slightly impacted but that is due to more usage of live tiles, etc. Initially noticed that airplane mode was not saving battery life like it is supposed to but that issue is resolved.
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Zero problems. if anything its lasting longer. lol ( i dont have that many live tiles.)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

I wonder if those that have battery issues (I have small issues, nothing big though) because they are using their phones more. I know I am. I love bing vision and checking the people hub, etc...

I also wonder if I have battery issues because my wireless router is going funky and my Focus continually has to try to make a connection...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    I wonder if those that have battery issues (I have small issues, nothing big though) because they are using their phones more. I know I am. I love bing vision and checking the people hub, etc...

I also wonder if I have battery issues because my wireless router is going funky and my Focus continually has to try to make a connection...
    that 100% what it is... MANGO did not do ANYTHING to the battery... lol its funny how people seem to think it did.

the reason it drains more, is more live tiles , more location apps , more features.. WIFI , BT , ect...

even if YOU dont use your phone more, the phone uses itself more. lol
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    that 100% what it is... MANGO did not do ANYTHING to the battery... lol its funny how people seem to think it did.

the reason it drains more, is more live tiles , more location apps , more features.. WIFI , BT , ect...

even if YOU dont use your phone more, the phone uses itself more. lol
    This is the reason why I asked. Once Mango launched, it did use the battery to do what it needed to do under the hood. Once that's done, the battery should return to normal, with the only variable being the things you may do with your phone.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have not noticed any change in battery life since I upgraded to Mango. I recently discovered the battery saver feature and turned it on.

My Arrive was awesome on battery the day before Mango, now post-Mango it's as bad as the Epic 4g I returned because of awful battery life.

I have 2 background tasks running (HTC Hub and WeatherLive), and almost no Live tiles short of my email and WeatherLive/HTC Hub.

Mango/Sprint killed the battery. Which is very disappointing because I LOVE Mango, and I love the Arrive.

Exact same situation on my wife's Arrive. Great battery life pre-mango, now it's awful.

So far I'm not noticing a difference, but the day's still young.

I've played music, played Sonic, messaged some, downloaded two new apps, explored XBL, and still have an almost entirely full bar.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    selfcreation likes this.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    I totally want sugar coated cereal now.
    GT: ChaddMaia

I noticed that my battery drained faster after the update........
    But probably cuz I cant put my phone down ever since......uummm..
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Live tiles have nothing (or nearly nothing) to do with battery drain, as the are not updating when the screen is off. When the screen is on, yes they are updating, but your phone is already connected to Microsoft's servers, so maybe a little more data passing through, but nothing like streaming music or video. Screen "on" is still the biggest drain on battery.

No change here running Mango beta or Mango. And that's with 4 email accounts (2 push, 1 every 30, 1 every 60) 46 Start screen tiles, of which about 11 are Live (not including built-in apps or mail). WiFi is on 24/7, BT as needed, and I can usually get through most of a day with my puny 1230mAh battery.

Just enjoy your phone, and pickup some USB battery backup chargers. They work.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

No noticeable change on my Focus.

Global Posts
    2,725 Global Posts
    No difference
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    No change here either, even with 2 or 3 livelier live tiles.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    I really couldn't tell about battery life. I would play with my phone pretty much non stop, pre and posy Mango. My Focus seemd to last just as long/short on NoDo/Mango.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

I haven't really noticed much of a change in the features that I use since the update so its been normal phone use since the update. Normal days are normal days, no change in battery life. However, my low-signal school days are landing me with a flashing red light before my last class when I used to not hit that until I got home.

Not that I really care, I don't use the phone for anything between 3PM and 9PM. Just check to see if I've got any email or texts. It just sits there dying on its own, all lonely and sad.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Now that I have ran my phone enough after the big update I can say that I don't see any noticeable difference.

HTC Trophy

I really haven't noticed a difference on my Mozart.
    Maybe some people are just exaggerating about their 'decrease' in battery life.

Global Posts
    965 Global Posts
    The battery on my Arrive is the same, if not better (slightly). I would like to test if I could make it through a night with it being off the charger, but I recently set up my Airave in my apartment so that wouldn't be a good test. I might try to just unplug the Airave for the night and see if I can make it through a night with my remaining juice from the day and keep my Nexus S as my alarm for back-up. This will be the true test for me because usually, in my bedroom, the walls are really thick and Sprint can't penetrate. If I can make it through the night with the same (or more) battery life than it's either improved or remained the same.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast