Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. ndychn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #1  
    hi guys,

    have a bit of a problem with mango at the moment!

    ive been trying to add my twitter account to my phone but it hasnt been working.

    under settings > email + accounts, i click to add twitter, click connect and authorize app etc.. it says connecting to twitter after i enter my account details, shows connecting to twitter then goes back to the main settings menu.

    if i click email + accounts, my twitter account isnt there??

    ive tried this numerous times, both after resets and after uninstall the twitter app, but it still doesnt show up!

    can anyone help?

    thank you!!
  2. ndychn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #3  
    is that the same thing? i cant get my twitter account to show up in the settings!!
  3. ndychn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #4  
    can anyone help? :( still jumps back to main settings and no twitter account is listed in the email+accounts page
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndychn View Post
    can anyone help? :( still jumps back to main settings and no twitter account is listed in the email+accounts page
    EXACTLY the same issue! I have even swapped my handset twice. On my third Lumia 800 and cannot get twitter on my email+accounts page. :(

    Tried it for over a week now, feel like selling this phone now :/
  5. Seketh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    248 Posts
    #6  
    I don't use Twitter but I just tried to add my account and it worked.

    It showed an authorize app screen first. Are you guys sure Windows Live is authorized in Twitter?
  6. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,658 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    EXACTLY the same issue! I have even swapped my handset twice. On my third Lumia 800 and cannot get twitter on my email+accounts page. :(

    Tried it for over a week now, feel like selling this phone now :/
    Have you tried adding it from your Windows Live account on the web?
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seketh View Post
    I don't use Twitter but I just tried to add my account and it worked.

    It showed an authorize app screen first. Are you guys sure Windows Live is authorized in Twitter?
    Do you mean that I have to log in to my twitter and autorise windows live separately to what I do on the phone?
  8. Seketh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    248 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Do you mean that I have to log in to my twitter and autorise windows live separately to what I do on the phone?
    I didn't have to, but go to Twitter - Settings - Apps. Check if Windows Live is there. Try to revoke access and then add it again
    Thanked by:
  9. kenzibit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #10  
    Go to Twitter.com and the settings, revoke windows live access and try again.
    Thanked by:
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seketh View Post
    I didn't have to, but go to Twitter - Settings - Apps. Check if Windows Live is there. Try to revoke access and then add it again
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzibit View Post
    Go to Twitter.com and the settings, revoke windows live access and try again.
    Thank you guys - I am going to try that now and report back in a few minutes!

    That's one thing I've not done so far. If you do think of anything else, please drop me a line here and I am happy to try that too :)

Posting Permissions