Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    I was watching some of the new Hawaii Five-O last night, when Scott Caan's character pulls out his Optimus 7 and gives a little WP7 show! He pulls the phone out, selects the camera, takes pictures of some evidence, then swipes left and shares all of the pictures with his partner. And during all of this, the camera was zoomed right in on his phone, really showing off the OS and the smooth transitions.

I wish I knew what the episode was called, but it was all about a jewelry store heist that was being pulled during a triathlon if you care to look it up.
    Last edited by 3migo; 08-02-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Yeah, they had showed the Focus a couple of times also. I wish Obama had a Windows Phone, it should make it popular.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    I read an article a while ago about how Obama was bored with his Blackberry, and wanted an iPhone. Although he'll never have an iPhone as long as he's in the white house, it isn't secure enough.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    1 (Bing It!)

2 (Optimus 7)

3 (More Product Placement)

4 (Even More Product Placement)

Not the one you mentioned 3migo but same programme LOL :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 08-02-2011 at 05:05 PM.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post

2 (Optimus 7)

My phone!! *Faints*

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    That's the first time I've watched the show... The product placement is pretty obvious, but I did get pretty excited when I saw the OS featured like that.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
    That's the first time I've watched the show... The product placement is pretty obvious, but I did get pretty excited when I saw the OS featured like that.
    Yeah every programme should have a WP7 product placement spot LOL :)

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Yeah even the ones that wouldn't make sense like Star Trek or Scooby Doo =D/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    We had a good ad in the UK many years ago, but it seems very appropriate again for the next WP7 update. ;)

'You know, when you've been Tango'd'

Believe it or not the ad was eventually banned, as kids all over the UK were copying it and damaging peoples ears. (It was eventually changed to feature a big wet kiss instead of the slap) :)

Now don't say you don't learn something new everyday in here LOL
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 08-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Yeah even the ones that wouldn't make sense like Star Trek or Scooby Doo =D/
    "Captain! There's an incoming ship, what should we do?"
    "Bing it!"

Quote Originally Posted by 3migo View Post
    I read an article a while ago about how Obama was bored with his Blackberry, and wanted an iPhone. Although he'll never have an iPhone as long as he's in the white house, it isn't secure enough.
    Well, then he'll never get a WP because that's even less secure. There's a reason it's not getting adopted in the Business sector... :/

Anyone know how much a product placement like that costs Microsoft? Just curious. I've always wondered about that since the first Matrix and all the Nokia placements.
    Here's Danno using his Windows Phone in last nights episode too.

I really thought I'd be the 1st to notice and post about the WP popping up in H50! I didn't catch it in the earlier episodes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails h50wp7.jpg  
    <Insert witty comment here.>

Global Posts
    1,250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeman View Post
    Well, then he'll never get a WP because that's even less secure. There's a reason it's not getting adopted in the Business sector... :/
    LOL! The majority of the business sector has no security clearances issues like POTUS. To say the business sector is not going with WP7 because WP7 isn't secure enough is laughable at the least. More likely is the fact that WP7 is too new to have taken hold yet. With the outages like the one last week that RIM had, you see more businesses moving away from BB.

They've been a lot of camera holds on WP7 devices through the series. they did another one when Baldwin called Kono towards the end. Unfortunately she hadn't linked his FB account so no photo :D

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I remember engadget or crackberry had an article about how forced it sounded for them to say Bing It...

you see a lot of Windows products in shows, not WP7 necessarily, but I certainly see the Windows logo on laptops and monitors

Awesome, we need more of this! I can just feel that 2012= The Year of Windows Phone!

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.mike View Post
    I remember engadget or crackberry had an article about how forced it sounded for them to say Bing It...

you see a lot of Windows products in shows, not WP7 necessarily, but I certainly see the Windows logo on laptops and monitors
    Oh it sounded terribly scripted. They should have just said "search it," then zoomed in on the Bing logo.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    My wife is stuck on this show called Vampire Diaries and while watching it with her I saw one of the character's brother use a WP7 while searching for something. I saw that and smiled really big for no reason lol

WP7 will never make MSFT a lot of profits, but it will create a halo effect around the other products which do drive that net-income.

Probably a bit late but season 1 episode 10 :)

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    In season 4, everyone on the 5.0 squad is sporting a Lumia phone and they also used a Surface a couple of times on the show. Sweet!

Enjoy life people...

Also seen the ncis l.a girl with a black 920 .....belive me I checked

The WP is the phone used by all characters in scandal.

Sent from my SGH-i667 using Tapatalk