Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. gator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
       #1  
    Going back to Iphone until Wp7 get's their act together. I just installed an app from the marketplace using my laptop, and it's nowhere to be found on my phone. Tried getting it directly from the marketplace on my phone and the same error "Can't get this right now. Check back in a little while" pops up as usual!!! Bye Bye, I will check back when they have their crap together. Good thing I kept my Iphone!!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Going back to Iphone until Wp7 get's their act together. I just installed an app from the marketplace using my laptop, and it's nowhere to be found on my phone. Tried getting it directly from the marketplace on my phone and the same error "Can't get this right now. Check back in a little while" pops up as usual!!! Bye Bye, I will check back when they have their crap together. Good thing I kept my Iphone!!
    What app did you install? Did you restart your device and attempted to install it again? By giving up, you wont have your voice heard by Microsoft for them to get their act together. Do as you wish, but complete negativity like this wont help the platform at all. We're all annoyed with Microsoft with how they've almost destroyed WP7, but we are determined to see this through as it's a damn good OS.

    Oh, yeah, bye.

    Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
  3. gator's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
       #3  
    Oh, I will be back, but for now too frustrated! And yes, restarted, tried to install, and Zune says already purchased??
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Oh, I will be back, but for now too frustrated! And yes, restarted, tried to install, and Zune says already purchased??
    Unfortunately you can't re-install apps through Zune, you have to do it via your device on the Marketplace. All Zune will report is (as you just stated) that you already have purchased this app. You can simply download all already-purchased apps via your device for free.

    I do understand your frustration, but I'm certain Microsoft are (very slowly) learning from mistakes made with WP7 thus far.

    Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
  5. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    785 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    #5  
    Peace out man
  6. cdook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    #6  
    Hopefully you didn't waste too much money on that app you won't be using by switching back to the iPhone.

    I still stand by my argument that every phone has its flaws.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]
  7. VernonEL's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #7  
    I see this a lot: Someone buys the latest hardware because it's the shiniest, but they don't know the OS. You hear "I don't know how to *fill in the blank* eff this crap, I'm leaving. (This is not directed specifically at gator.) Them 20 minutes later someone spends the time to explain the simple solution.
    Smartphones are not simple things, so ther need to be some self-motivated training done to get everything out of them. People need to do their homework. Bashing something that you have not invested any time in learning is not fair. It's like saying that Mandarin is a stupid language because you don't speak it.

    This the place for opinions, right? ;-)

    Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express
    Thanked by:
  8. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    #8  
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Peace out man
    @OP
    But I was almost in the same boat. But I just can't do iPHone again. WP7 is a fresh, albeit, young OS. I really really like it. I think MS has a winner on their hands. iOS hasn't changed in YEARS!
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    Thanked by:
  9. sklein382's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    LOL!


    @OP
    But I was almost in the same boat. But I just can't do iPHone again. WP7 is a fresh, albeit, young OS. I really really like it. I think MS has a winner on their hands. iOS hasn't changed in YEARS!
    I feel the same way. I want to try out some of the new apps on iPhone like color, but after using WP7 for a couple months I really don't want to go back to pages and folders.

    If they would just throw me a bone with the NoDo update I would be somewhat satisfied. 4th & Mayor might also have been a saving grace. It confirms how great apps can look and function on WP7. Even more amazing, from what I understand, it is from a single developer! And it has only been out a week!

    The pieces are starting to fall in place, I just wish they would fall a little faster.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sklein382 View Post
    I feel the same way. I want to try out some of the new apps on iPhone like color, but after using WP7 for a couple months I really don't want to go back to pages and folders.

    If they would just throw me a bone with the NoDo update I would be somewhat satisfied. 4th & Mayor might also have been a saving grace. It confirms how great apps can look and function on WP7. Even more amazing, from what I understand, it is from a single developer! And it has only been out a week!

    The pieces are starting to fall in place, I just wish they would fall a little faster.
    Do what I'm doing:
    Phone: WP7
    Tablet: iPad 2

    Win win. Get to use new iapps on the shiny idevice, and use a fresh smartphone.

    Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
  11. Averry's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    292 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichEdmonds View Post
    Do what I'm doing:
    Phone: WP7
    Tablet: iPad 2

    Win win. Get to use new iapps on the shiny idevice, and use a fresh smartphone.
    I'm starting to look at those new Samsung Honeycomb tabs, specifically the 8.9 with pretty oogling eyes.

    When I look at my device behavior, I pretty much live on the browser...so having Google Chrome with tabs as a browser is more enticing than Safari at the moment.
  12. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    785 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    LOL!


    @OP
    But I was almost in the same boat. But I just can't do iPHone again. WP7 is a fresh, albeit, young OS. I really really like it. I think MS has a winner on their hands. iOS hasn't changed in YEARS!

    That's exactly how I feel about WP7. I just hope they get their act together on the whole update thing... I can't wait for them Nokia Windows Phones!
  13. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    785 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichEdmonds View Post
    Do what I'm doing:
    Phone: WP7
    Tablet: iPad 2

    Win win. Get to use new iapps on the shiny idevice, and use a fresh smartphone.

    Hmm... iPad 2 = iPad 1 with little new features and updated hardware = just a stretched iPhone 4 OS = FAIL but then again Apple = fail so yeah lmao :)
  14. Averry's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    292 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Hmm... iPad 2 = iPad 1 with little new features and updated hardware = just a stretched iPhone 4 OS = FAIL but then again Apple = fail so yeah lmao :)
    Well........people buy that **** in droves....it'll take a monumental achievement to make Apple actually start trying.

    Right now they're just on auto pilot cause they can be. We can say what we want in the future of computing, but Apple's stuff just works. It performs quite admirably for the mass market who just wants the internet, or the technophobe who likes another toy.
  15. Luisraul924's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    785 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Well........people buy that **** in droves....it'll take a monumental achievement to make Apple actually start trying.

    Right now they're just on auto pilot cause they can be. We can say what we want in the future of computing, but Apple's stuff just works. It performs quite admirably for the mass market who just wants the internet, or the technophobe who likes another toy.

    Yeah too bad that that's the truth. I used to love the iPod before Zune came around when the iPhone came out I knew it would become popular and over-rated by default, so me loving uniqueness, I was the first on top of Zune and immediately started to dislike Apple. I won't deny that it works though, one of the most stable OS's out there.
  16. cdook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Yeah too bad that that's the truth. I used to love the iPod before Zune came around when the iPhone came out I knew it would become popular and over-rated by default, so me loving uniqueness, I was the first on top of Zune and immediately started to dislike Apple. I won't deny that it works though, one of the most stable OS's out there.
    I thought the Zune was superior to the iPod the moment I saw it. I had a first Gen Nano and went to the Zune 80gb. I got more space, FM radio and Zune Pass. The hardware was slick and I love the headphones (I still use them with my WP7 phone). It was cool you could send music to a friend too. I tried it out with another friend and it worked well.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]
  17. #17  
    Good luck. This is day 3 for me w/ my N900 while my Focus is at Samsung for repairs. I already miss it. :-(

    Michael.
  18. spitothec's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    When I look at my device behavior, I pretty much live on the browser...so having Google Chrome with tabs as a browser is more enticing than Safari at the moment.
    There's a pretty vast selection of 3rd party browsers on the iPad, which include things like tabbed browing and private modes.. and considering a 1st gen iPad is cheaper than almost all current (good) Android tablets, I haven't figured out why I would go with an Android tablet. Almost every review I read says that the OS and/or the hardware on all of them feel unfinished.. and I think we all know how I feel about things that I think feel unfinished.

    If I change, I'll probably eBay my iPad and get a BB Playbook since they (finally, officially) announced it will be able to run Android apps along with BB apps. QNX isn't something to ignore.

    @luis "just a stretched iphone 4 os" what's wrong with that? LOL
  19. Averry's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    292 Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgarcia View Post
    There's a pretty vast selection of 3rd party browsers on the iPad, which include things like tabbed browing and private modes.. and considering a 1st gen iPad is cheaper than almost all current (good) Android tablets, I haven't figured out why I would go with an Android tablet. Almost every review I read says that the OS and/or the hardware on all of them feel unfinished.. and I think we all know how I feel about things that I think feel unfinished.

    If I change, I'll probably eBay my iPad and get a BB Playbook since they (finally, officially) announced it will be able to run Android apps along with BB apps. QNX isn't something to ignore.

    @luis "just a stretched iphone 4 os" what's wrong with that? LOL
    I use pretty much use Google products online exclusively.

    That.....and I will live my life as long as possible before I install iTunes onto my Windows Computer.
  20. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    #20  
    i noticed you posted that around 6am this morning and honestly, it seems like M$ usually has the marketplace down (probably for maintenance) late nights as i was up and couldn't install any apps last night either. restart your device and try around the afternoon to evening time frame.

    @RichEdmonds - i'll probably go the route of the BlackBerry playbook as i'll be able to install android apps on it. that tablet looks fresh man and watching video on it is dope.
  21. Exomondo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichEdmonds View Post
    Do what I'm doing:
    Phone: WP7
    Tablet: iPad 2

    Win win. Get to use new iapps on the shiny idevice, and use a fresh smartphone.
    Same, best of both worlds, albeit with an original ipad (no compelling reason to upgrade yet).
    BlackberryOS -> iOS -> Maemo -> WP7
    I don't have a device religion.
  22. doublebullout's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #22  
    This is an exciting, tumultuous time for gadget lovers. Hang on, and keep your hands and feet inside the car for the duration of the roller coaster ride.

    I've used everything but a Blackberry as my main phone during the past year, testing each mobile OS to see which one fits my daily needs and preferences best. Between Android, iOS, webOS and WP7, the most interesting has to be WP7. Microsoft has done a great job creating a fluid, fresh OS design. If they can get a handle on releasing updates with the same proficiency that Apple does with iOS, they'll really have something special. As for me, I too am returning to iOS. WP7 is almost there. But there are too many things that work better in iOS right now for me to switch. Two examples:

    (1) When I receive an email in WP7, none of the embedded images are loaded. WP7 only shows the text, with little or no formatting. The document viewer, which should be a strength for Microsoft, doesn't show the document properly either. The same email in iOS has all of its embedded images downloaded and placed properly. The attached document looks closer to the original in iOS too. Is WP7 usable for email and attached documents? Of course. But the experience is better in iOS. (And, for that matter, better in webOS too.) Microsoft should be able to close this gap.

    (2) iOS receives fair criticism for its awful notification "system." WP7's notifications are nice and unobtrusive. They're also unreliable. The only place in WP7 where notifications regularly appear when they're supposed to is on the Start screen. If you're in an app, you may not get the notification because it isn't persistent until dismissed, or fails to appear at all. Microsoft needs to work on this, and add a notification history function while they're at it.

    Overall, I love the efficiency of using WP7. The calendar and contacts management are both much more pleasant to use than any of the other mobile OSes.
    Last edited by doublebullout; 03-29-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S
  23. #23  
    cant really just give up like that when theres a problem. if you have a problem, report it to MS and by the way its MS not M$ (hate when people do that) and then they will fix it as they already have with NoDo. on my arrive i have no issues at all with installing apps from the marketplace, giving up and going back to the likes of the rotten apple wont do anything

Posting Permissions

B