Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Smokexz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
       #1  
    I had a G2, as soon as I saw the HD7 I dumped my G2, I am now waiting for the handset to come out, however I have some questions...

    1. Is there any contact sync? Everytime I logged into my Google account on my G2, all my contacts would sync, their emails, their address, everything. Is this easily done on Windows Phone 7 as well?

    2. How are the apps? The main reason I dumped my G2 was because of how the apps were just so poorly made... is there quality apps here?

    3. How is the lockscreen? I loved the Touchwiz and Sense lock screens, they both just had great glance information, I especially loved the ability to quickly change songs or pause songs, is this here as well?

    4. I also saw the music player popup when you pressed on the volume rockers, I find this... well... weird, is there any other way to do this?

    5. I have to ask, has anyone compared the IE browser to the Android browser? I have seen it on videos and I really saw it was REALLY fast. However I am curious to know if it is up to par with Android or iPhone web browsers...

    6. Most likely the dumbest question of all: How is social networking integrated into the OS? I saw the peoples tile, it is essentially contacts, and it adds their Facebook etc. however I cannot really feel how it acts and how it plays out... is it good? or bad? because on Android it's extremely pointless, just a tab that shows their updates and it has their events on my calendar, that's it...

    Thanks! Microsoft is pretty good with updates so I have no doubts that the next update will fix whatever is wrong with WP7 :)
  2. tond's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    I had a G2, as soon as I saw the HD7 I dumped my G2, I am now waiting for the handset to come out, however I have some questions...

    1. Is there any contact sync? Everytime I logged into my Google account on my G2, all my contacts would sync, their emails, their address, everything. Is this easily done on Windows Phone 7 as well?
    yes, gmail sync for contacts and calendar (1 for each account) is perfectly supported.
    Support is also for:
    Windows Live
    Outlook/exchange
    Yahoo mail
    pop and imap


    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    2. How are the apps? The main reason I dumped my G2 was because of how the apps were just so poorly made... is there quality apps here?
    I had an android 2.1 too and wp7 apps are few but generally they look good.
    Stock apps are wonderful by the way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    3. How is the lockscreen? I loved the Touchwiz and Sense lock screens, they both just had great glance information, I especially loved the ability to quickly change songs or pause songs, is this here as well?
    lockscreen is very simple. Date, time, signal, next appointment and eventually sms, mail or calls missed

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    4. I also saw the music player popup when you pressed on the volume rockers, I find this... well... weird, is there any other way to do this?
    I didn't find another way, but it is easy to do and fast to reach

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    5. I have to ask, has anyone compared the IE browser to the Android browser? I have seen it on videos and I really saw it was REALLY fast. However I am curious to know if it is up to par with Android or iPhone web browsers...
    fast! character rendering is somehow poorer than iOS and Android, but it is really fast and nice to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    6. Most likely the dumbest question of all: How is social networking integrated into the OS? I saw the peoples tile, it is essentially contacts, and it adds their Facebook etc. however I cannot really feel how it acts and how it plays out... is it good? or bad? because on Android it's extremely pointless, just a tab that shows their updates and it has their events on my calendar, that's it...
    It is simply amazing. I'm not a big fan of Facebook, but the integration in WP7 is really wonderful and makes facebook nice to use. In all the system, local data and facebook data are jointed together so that you can see status and pictures like they were on your local phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Thanks! Microsoft is pretty good with updates so I have no doubts that the next update will fix whatever is wrong with WP7 :)
    the best thing of WP7 (in LG Optimus 7) it's the feeling you get using it. It makes you feel you have spent your money in something that values. Only with my first iPhone I had that feeling!

Posting Permissions

B