- 09-20-2013, 10:04 PM #9I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
09-21-2013, 07:59 AM #13
- 443 Posts
Local accounts: The password is stored, encrypted, on your hard drive. When you use the fingerprint sensor, you are actually decrypting the local password using your fingerprint's pattern and then passing that to the login agents.
Live: The password is cached locally and encrypted with a DIFFERENT mechanism, different from that for a local password. The fingerprint scanner's not capable of hooking into this encryption system and thereby causing your issue.
As it works fine with a local account the hardware is talking to the OS, I think it's unlikely (yet possible) that a driver update will fix.
- 09-21-2013, 11:10 AM #14
09-21-2013, 03:14 PM #15
- 101 Posts
- 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM #16
The print reader on my DV6T-SE works fine. Not sure if what I did was different than what you did... I'm running 8.1 (was running 8 for almost the past two years), and when I set up the new install, I created local account, and after I logged in, I connected it to my MS account. Upgrading to 8.1 I had to reinstall the driver from HPs site. Same driver, and even though 8.1 had to uninstall it during the upgrade, it did reinstall and works fine.--
Just a sample of the devices I've owned over the years.....
Nokia ATT phone
HTC Windows Mobile (?)
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro II
Nokia Lumia 822
Nokia Lumia 928
- By Don Saintiano in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
- By paulxxwall in forum XBOX ONEReplies: 5Last Post: 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM
- By Dne Murray in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 1Last Post: 09-22-2013, 08:50 AM
- By thatotherdude24 in forum XBOX ONEReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2013, 01:42 PM
- By Lumia 8x in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM