- 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM #1
Microsoft previously stated that Windows 8 core apps would be updated prior to Blue. Now it looks like we won't have to wait much longer.
Microsoft News | Report: Microsoft To Update All Its Windows 8 Core Apps Soon
These updates were spotted in Event Viewer and listed as “downloaded and ready”
• microsoft.windowsphotos (Photos)
• Microsoft.ZuneMusic (Xbox Music)
• microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps (Mail, Calendar, People, Messaging)
• Microsoft.BingSports"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
- 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM #2
Do we know what these changes are? Front-end or back-end?I close threads to save cats.
The way not everyone can have their own loaf of bread, not everyone should create a new thread!
...and then God said, let there be a search button and there was a huge one on top!
03-22-2013, 03:33 PM #4
- 214 Posts
I don't think this information is accurate at all. The source found these details in the Event Viewer like the OP said, but I wanted to confirm so I checked my Event Viewer. I found the same event message in my system from yesterday. And then another from March 9th, and then another from a couple weeks before that.
Every single event I found listed all of the core applications along with various other applications I had installed. So 99% chance that this information is normal and doesn't mean anything.
Hope this helped
03-22-2013, 03:37 PM #5
- 215 Posts
Just as stated in that article too the os updates are no longer linked with updates for ms apps. Anyway those apps are made with the same sdk as the sdk available to regular developers so they are just apps that can be updated anytime. So having updates for those apps means nothing as far as the os is concerned
- By chenhogi in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2012, 12:45 PM
- By ninjaap in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2011, 11:34 PM