- 02-25-2013, 12:07 AM #1
Alright, so I am returning my computer, and I'm getting rid of my stuff. When there were two options, one was refresh and one was restore to factory settings, I clicked factory settings (this is the Metro Settings, General, Scroll down). Then it gave me two options, one to erase all my files and one to wipe the hard drive. I clicked wipe the hard drive (I'm not sure if it said exactly that, but it did say it will take a long time). It is still in this process. How long will it take? It is a 1TB hard drive, intel quad core i7, and an all in one. If it takes REALLY long (like days), I'm going to unplug it. Please respond ASAP!
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM #2
- 253 Posts
Haha I actually just did this a couple weeks ago with my 4-5 year old dell xps and reinstalled windows 8 professional on it again and its runs so much better on it....its practically new now. But back to your question, took mine 4 hours or so.
- 02-25-2013, 12:17 AM #4
- By wafflehouseag in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
- By goldnjaws in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 11-06-2012, 12:25 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
- By WilsonHTY in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
- By mhedgpeth in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM