I'm using Bing more than Google now because of these. Today's is a video of waves breaking on a beach It would be great if the phone had an animated lockscreen too.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    How do you get the Bing bg on windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.kruger View Post
    There is a lockscreen setting that allows you to select Bing as your wallpaper. With that you are supposed to get the day's Bing image. Only thing is, it doesn't update daily.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I use it on my phone, and I have a windows 8 tablet, I just don't know where to find the option to enable Bing backgrounds. Will have to check when I get home.

Global Posts
    2,839 Global Posts
    I use it on my phone, and I have a windows 8 tablet, I just don't know where to find the option to enable Bing backgrounds. Will have to check when I get home.
    I think he posted this in the wrong forum. I'm pretty sure he is talking about windows phone 8.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Bing my desktop.
    Bing - Bing desktop
    I use the Bing Wallpaper Viewer app to save the Bing backgrounds to my pictures. It's in the Windows 8 store.

That reminds me, I need to update my review. It had been crashing, so I gave it one star. They since fixed it, so I'll revise my review.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfercom View Post
    Bing my desktop.
    Bing - Bing desktop
    Thanks for this. When I first switched to Windows 8, Bing Desktop would not install (despite having worked on Windows 7 just fine). I assumed that MS was abandoning the desktop so I found the "Bing Dynamic" theme for backgrounds which was nice - it kept a steady stream of fresh backgrounds in rotation - but it never seemed to cycle through CURRENT Bing images. Looks like they finally made the installer compatible with Windows 8 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Thanks for this. When I first switched to Windows 8, Bing Desktop would not install (despite having worked on Windows 7 just fine). I assumed that MS was abandoning the desktop so I found the "Bing Dynamic" theme for backgrounds which was nice - it kept a steady stream of fresh backgrounds in rotation - but it never seemed to cycle through CURRENT Bing images. Looks like they finally made the installer compatible with Windows 8 :)
    I use Bing my Lockscreen, which cycles through Bing images without downloading them if you are stingy with storage like I am on my Surface.

I love the bing backgrounds as well :). They're beautiful

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I use the bing desktop app on my desktop and have the picture sync with my surface. nothing to install on my surface and still get the pics.