Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    My friend said "IE 10 don't have Flash everybody is saying it on the internet" I told her to go to manage add-ons and enable it. Right after that she asked if I find her a iPad(non flash device) on ebay.
    Last edited by drjekel_mrhyde; 01-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I usually hear that ms screwed up vista and released 7. Then just as people started to like them, they went ahead to release windows 8. Or that the search is bad and confusing to use. Or that windows 8 is only good for personal use. Its not efficient for a work environment. Because people want to be working and not trying to figure out how the OS works. Or that it's not pretty. I even had 1 person use my laptop and tell me he couldn't fin his way around. That some program did not work without the compatibility mode and told me to reconsider keeping windows 8. He told me me that if his computer wasn't working well, I could at least be nice and accommodate his needs by going back to 7.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    The most ridiculous thing I hear is: "Windows 8 is ugly."

It's easily the most beautiful OS out there.

The most stupid thing that I constantly hear and read is how bad and difficult W8 is because Microsoft took the start button away. They never try it and see how simple and beautiful the start screen is.

The second dumbest thing I hear is you have to have a touch screen to use W8. Yeah, it's nice to have bur W8 works perfectly with keyboard and mouse.

The third dumbest thing I hear is nobody wants a touch screen on their desktop. Works great for me, And I love browsing websites and ApS with it.

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    Yeah the dumbest would be the removal of the start button.

Start is actually a full screen start button dummies. Works the exact same way.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Sometimes people tell me if I open ms word. Why does it open on the desktop and not on the start screen. It just doesn't make sense. They are two different screens.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    Tool: Is that an Android phone?
    Me: No, it's a Windows Phone.
    Tool: How many blue screens do you get?
    My next phone...
    Thanked by:
    l_n, gedzum, WPenvy and 2 others like this.
    wp8
    Last edited by francisco velasquez; 04-30-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    The most ridiculous thing I hear is: "Windows 8 is ugly."

It's easily the most beautiful OS out there.
    You realize this is just a matter of taste?

I find OS X terribly ugly, but most people would likely disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco velasquez View Post
    wp8 and w8 are the same thing.
    That bugs me too, but someone here at work having a Lumia 920 and Win 8 on his laptop always tells people it is the same. So this is not only coming from ignorant people who don't care about Microsoft, but also from the fanbois, and he really is.

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Tool: Is that an Android phone?
    Me: No, it's a Windows Phone.
    Tool: How many blue screens do you get?
    I would have replied with "how many updates did you get?" or "how long of a lag is there to open apps?".

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    WPenvy likes this.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    I would have replied with "how many updates did you get?" or "how long of a lag is there to open apps?".
    I do say that. Then I get asked are you in such a hurry? Or you can't wait a few second because your time is so precious.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Updates? Serious? I have a Titan and have received 0 updates in over a year. I would not use that argument.

When I bought all the managers the L710 I had one guy ask why the little "squares "keep flipping out.....
    My phone crashed? how so....the squares are all gone see....grr not squares they are live tiles your phone did not crash just hit the windows button. Oh wow..

Now after a year this is the big beef I get

Why can't we have bigger phones?....in the end of the 12 people who got one from us 9 of them went out and bought WP8 devices for there own use.all they had to do was use it. one girls said hey how come this phone never needs to reboot.....it's not Android it's a WP device the day the L920 came out she bought one loves it gave her iphone to her kid which wants a WP8 device lol the tide will turn
    Thanked by:
    alaskanjackson likes this.

"Its got a steep learning curve" is one thing you hear a lot. And its usually from the "Power Users" who can't work out how anything works anymore.

Windows 8 is definitely the right step for the majority of people. My father in law bought an iPad recently and has been really excited saying that this is the first time he understands a PC. This type of simplicity and consistency of the Metro interface is what most people want - not dealing with malware, firewalls, software installers that take over your system and registry etc
    l_n likes this.

When I first replied to this thread, I wasn't sure if we were talking about W8 or WP8. Since no one I know has cut up on WP8, I posted about W8. Both seem to get laughed at on sites like toms hardware and such.

Global Posts
    2,267 Global Posts
    A gamer friend of mine was saying how Windows 8 is like the Nazi Germany cos of how you cant play any games on it that didn't come through the Win 8 app store. He was siding alot with the stuff from Gabe Newell, but apparently didnt understand half of it.

Then when I was trying to tell him how he's wrong, he brings in Minecraft and Notch and how you can't play Minecraft on Windows 8 cos it's a closed ecosystem. I had to go all the way to download Minecraft, connect to his own server and take a screenshot for him lol.

WP on the other hand is fairly common in Finland due to Nokia so the ignorant comments are quite rare.
    gedzum likes this.

Definitely the complaints about the lack of Instagram.. Ugh.
    Basing your phone purchase off the lack of an app that you use to edit ridiculous "selfies" and food, or just about anything really.
    Society is a huge let-down.
    Thanked by:
    cameradork likes this.

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    I do say that. Then I get asked are you in such a hurry? Or you can't wait a few second because your time is so precious.
    Ask him what he thinks of solid state drives on laptop/desktop computers.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Updates? Serious? I have a Titan and have received 0 updates in over a year. I would not use that argument.
    The difference is Google made a much bigger deal about Android OS updates than Microsoft did with WP7 updates. That and the fact WP 7.5 (which is what I've always had on my HTC Trophy) works a lot better than Android 2.2/2.3 (which is what I've had on my Motorola Droid 2).

To be fair, Android 4.0/4.1 is a considerable improvement over the 2.x versions. On the other hand, I get "pocket app selection" periodically on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and I never have had that on any other smartphone I've used extensively (the aforementioned HTC Trophy and Motorola Droid 2, or the Apple iPhone 4). That may due to poor button placement on the Galaxy Nexus (power button on the right side rather than the top, which I hate, plus it is too easy to press the volume controls on that device relative to other smartphones I own).

Other notable devices:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Dumbest thing. It's Microsoft, so it lags and bluescreens. Yet my techie friend was convinced my titan was quad core it was that smooth. Yet it's a single core. WP 1-0 Android. :D

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    The wait time. Then it usually is followed by what makes yours better than mine and don't give me that bs where you tell me each person has a preference it doesn't work that way. You see it I sometimes find myself in a bit of a jam there and try to escape the conversation since im not a big fan of circular logic.
    My coworker started taking programming classes at a community college. He didn't know much about anything tech so this class has really taught him a lot. His professor talked to the class about windows 8 so I showed him my laptop...apparently his professor didn't know that win 8 still has the desktop screen =/ .

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    You realize this is just a matter of taste?

I find OS X terribly ugly, but most people would likely disagree.
    I realize it's a matter of taste, but it's easy to tell when people are just making up stuff to bash it in any way they can. People just like to use hyperbole when they don't like something. They could just say, "I don't like the UI" instead of calling it ugly, but I guess they really have to make their hate known.

What really bothers me are all the people that just say that it sucks, when it's clear they haven't even tried it. People really seem to hate change, and it shows.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well im told that windows 8 is not pretty because it's based on primary colors and the ony transparency is the task bar, otherwise its lacking gloss.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    O_O O_O O_o.... I want to play!

Live tiles and Widgets are basically the same thing...NOT!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast