I recently upgraded my Lenovo laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8. However, when I installed the Skype app, I noticed my "people" do not populate in Skype. How do I import my contacts into Skype? When I installed the Skype app for windows phone 8, it worked like a charm. Any thoughts here?

The only think I would point out is that it has me signed into Skype with my live.com account. Prior to windows 8, I always signed into Skype with my gmail account, but windows 8 seems to only let me use my live account with Skype. I can't seem to sign into skype with gmail and I haven't been able to import my facebook contacts to Skype or log into Skype using my facebook account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    When I installed Skype I got my Skype contacts. I don't remember signing in with my live ID. I signed in with my regular Skype account username an password. I think my live account was already signed on for my xbox and skydrive.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    When I installed Skype I got my Skype contacts. I don't remember signing in with my live ID. I signed in with my regular Skype account username an password. I think my live account was already signed on for my xbox and skydrive.
    See, it never gave me a choice about how to sign in. I downloaded the app, and in the upper-right corner it has me signed in with my live ID. When I go into settings-->profile and try to sign out (so I can sign back in with my skype name) I get the following message:
    screenshot-1-copy.jpg