Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. GreenScrew's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    189 Posts
       #1  
    Looking at NetMarkeshare (markeshare.hitslink.com) I've derived that Windows 8 holds a 1.09% market share of the desktop operating system after 6 weeks? That's pretty amazing when you consider that Mac is at 7.04% (after how many years??) and Linux is at 1.25%. Pretty good start I'd say!

    I'm not a math expert, so I'll just explain that I'm basing the Windows 8 market share on it being 1.19% of the Windows market share which is 91.46% of the desktop O/S market share. 1.19% of 91.46% is 1.09%. Accurate??
  2. Simon Tupper's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    775 Posts
    #2  
    Well... I am one who believes that Microsoft needs to release an update as soon a possible to add some "wow" and power user functionalities and more reasons for people who use Windows 7 to switch to Windows 8... Because Windows 7 is a solid OS... And of course Microsoft needs to get people that uses XP to switch to Windows 8 by adding some must have features...

    At the moment people that use XP or Win 7 don't see much need to upgrade it's just not that awesome for them...

    But no.. it's around 1.40% which is very low for a Windows version after a month...
  3. tekhna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    #3  
    Um, no. That's a catastrophically low number for a Microsoft release in that time period. Especially given the fact the Microsoft is reporting licenses sold, and all the analytics are showing that only a tiny fraction of those licenses are actually being used. My dad just bought a new laptop, and went out of his way to buy refurb to avoid W8. People just aren't interested in Windows 8.
  4. mparker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScrew View Post
    I've derived that Windows 8 holds a 1.09% market share of the desktop operating system after 6 weeks? That's pretty amazing ... Pretty good start I'd say! ...
    At that rate it'll hit 9.5% by this time next year, and won't hit 50% for another 5 years... Still sound "amazing" or even "pretty good"? There's a reason Ballmer fired Sinofsky.
  5. cedarlog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mparker View Post
    At that rate it'll hit 9.5% by this time next year, and won't hit 50% for another 5 years... Still sound "amazing" or even "pretty good"? There's a reason Ballmer fired Sinofsky.
    he didn't get fired because of windows 8 allthingsd stated there are major problems with his personalty and the way he works with other ms executives
  6. mparker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cedarlog View Post
    he didn't get fired because of windows 8 allthingsd stated there are major problems with his personalty and the way he works with other ms executives
    So you're saying that after all these years, Ballmer just now noticed Sinofsky's personality problem? Is that really more likely than Sinofsky screwed up Windows 8?

Posting Permissions

B