Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Did anyone see this article?

Steve Ballmer's Nightmare Is Coming True - Yahoo! Finance

Thoughts? I thought the article took the less than stellar news coming out of Microsoft and ran with it with little facts and bad examples.

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts
    don't believe anything you read on Yahoo Finance. I mean, Yahoo is the LAST company that needs to talk about someone else's finances.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    And funny...an Apple FanBoy sent me that article go gloat...

Yahoo sucks!! Unless your sicko!

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Yeah. To date there are 40 million copies of Windows licenced (yes that includes computers at stores that haven't been sold yet-but the licenses are paid for). I read an article where there are more win8 gamers on steam than there are OSX total gamers.

Microsoft is heading for bankruptcy.
    My next phone...
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    That article is complete crap. off the top of my head:

Microsoft sells 4 million Windows 8 upgrades in 4 days...
    http://mashable.com/2012/10/30/4-mil...ws-8-upgrades/

Lumia 920's selling out... lol and this is also from Yahoo finance... yeah, they say there weren't many to begin with, yet sales are still 4x what they were last year...
    Nokia's Lumia 920 Sold Out Many Places Over The Weekend, But There Weren't That Many To Begin With - Yahoo! Finance

Lumia 920 preorders rival iPhone 5 preorders (in netherlands)
    Lumia 920 preorders rival iPhone 5 in the Netherlands | Windows Phone Central

HTC 8x selling out in the US...
    AT&T HTC 8X 16GB Sold Out in the US - Softpedia

WP8 selling 4x better than this time last year... (And this with "limited" stock available)
    Steve Ballmer: Windows Phone sales up 300 percent | Windows Phone Central

I think this is far from a nightmare scenario... unless you have a fear of success :/
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Thanked by:

I remember when Apple was going under. It was a sure thing the financial types said. Microsoft maybe hitting a rough spot but they recognized this and they have forward thinking products now that have some wrinkles but if do you remember osx when it first came out. It was missing so much. The product turnover In the phone space makes companies that have most of there income coming from it are actually vulnerable. To say to give those financial type articles predicting doom for this company or that company a grain of salt would be an understatement.