Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this 'issue'.

I love to have the Netflix app snapped on the side. I can write, work, play do everything and still watch a show, for the most part. Yet whenever I want to switch to an app or start a new one, the video pauses. Or if I want to stare at my beautiful live start screen and watch my video I can't.

I just wish I can snap my Start Screen. Anyone else wish this so we can maybe get this rustled up to MS.

PS. I wish my Recycle Bin was a live tile.

Yeah, dont think you can side snap the start screen at all, just applications. I do have a dual monitor setup and it works great.

I know you can't, I wish I could.

Don't know if it is worth it for y setup to have two monitors.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBlast View Post
    Yeah, dont think you can side snap the start screen at all, just applications. I do have a dual monitor setup and it works great.
    I currently have a 19" widescreen monitor and 17" non-widescreen. Considering buying 2 more 19" widescreens, perhaps one of them with touch-screen, so then I can have a unified triple-monitor setup.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I think this is more Netflix than windows 8, when i'm using Skype split screen if I hit windows start button I can launch a new app and Skype comes right back to where I was after going to start, I haven't tried with playing video but Skype doent reload it sits there in the background and comes right back up as 1/3 of screen, so I would assume Netflix could do this probably just haven't yet.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    I currently have a 19" widescreen monitor and 17" non-widescreen. Considering buying 2 more 19" widescreens, perhaps one of them with touch-screen, so then I can have a unified triple-monitor setup.

Check out the touch frame setups. You can get a frame for a standard screen for less than $150. Much cheaper than a touch monitor. In the end its basically the same. My touchscreen LD220Z syncmaster is just a normal screen with a integrated frame.

Quote Originally Posted by srmiller82 View Post
    I think this is more Netflix than windows 8, when i'm using Skype split screen if I hit windows start button I can launch a new app and Skype comes right back to where I was after going to start, I haven't tried with playing video but Skype doent reload it sits there in the background and comes right back up as 1/3 of screen, so I would assume Netflix could do this probably just haven't yet.

Netflix does the same. It pauses and resumes remarkably fast. Problem is, I go to start screen as much as if it were a start menu, so it pauses play and I lose sight of video lots.

You can pin programs to start, but not apps to desktop, so it makes you use metro mode more, no problem with that except for my original issue.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    Check out the touch frame setups. You can get a frame for a standard screen for less than $150. Much cheaper than a touch monitor. In the end its basically the same. My touchscreen LD220Z syncmaster is just a normal screen with a integrated frame.
    Seems fair enough, but really, I would like a capacitive touch monitor. Any capacitive frames available?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."