Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    Next surface rt, pro, or even I new surface, I don't care. I would just like you to post what you would like in the next generation of surfaces that would be reasonable. Post away!
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  2.    #2  
    I would want a Surface RT 2 with Tegra 4, a better display, better cameras, gorilla glass iii, and NFC.

I would like a Surface Pro 2 with the new generation of Intel Chips, better graphics (better integrated or whatever to make it better), better cameras, NFC, a better display, more RAM, gorilla glass iii, and more storage. We also need more configuring options.

Lastly, I would like a gaming surface with better next generation Intel Chips, NVIDIA graphics card, better cameras, NFC, a better display, more RAM, more storage, gorilla glass III, and a larger display (13 or 15 inches, even 14).

Who's with me?

Hard to argue considering you named all the possible upgrades available.

I'm looking forward to the 7 inch surface that will hopefully be fully integrated with the next Xbox. I say that because there were plans of a 7 inch tablet leaked last year before the surface announcement. If Microsoft screws this up and keeps the ecosystems separate, I'm not sure ill be purchasing the new Xbox.

There is a real opportunity here for them to turn windows 8 into a fully integrated ecosystem. Lets hope they don't screw it up.
    Thanked by:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flan Tamarind View Post
    Lets hope they don't screw it up.
    Yep

I would like to see one that can be used solely as a tablet, but can also have a keyboard attachment that sits up on your lap without the kickstand - like the HP Envy X2.
    Thanked by:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I would like to see one that can be used solely as a tablet, but can also have a keyboard attachment that sits up on your lap without the kickstand - like the HP Envy X2.
    That's cool.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Surface Pro: 6+ hour battery life under normal usage, not "if you turn brightness to 5% and run one web page"-level battery life. (Right now I get around 3.5-4 hours).

That's the only must have for me. NFC and at least two position kickstand would be nice. Otherwise I think the hardware is pretty great and I love the form factor, we just need some big software upgrades.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    Basically, all the things I put in my "perfect tablet" thread.

Seriously, they have a special connector for the keyboard. How hard would it be to make that special keyboard have a backlight and a battery?

Some sort of Atom based, 600 dollars or less surface with the design and build quality of the originals. Doesn't even need to be Baytrail or Clovertrail+, the current chips are still leagues better than RT.
    Ntropy99 likes this.
    AMD inside

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    AMD inside
    Isn't Intel better in every way except for graphics?
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Isn't Intel better in every way except for graphics?
    Well it depends on what your comparing it against and many other factory's that include to the final analyses of which is better overall.

I think AMD great for a tight budget and has great APU's.

I also have a feeling that AMD is brewing something very special, very special indeed.

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    As long as I can still connect my touch cover and possibly more accessories that come down the pipe.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) --> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) --> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M)
    Like Flan, I am eagerly waiting to throw my money at the rumored 7" Xbox tablet. Biggest thing I want to see from the entire lineup is MOAR STORAGE!! lol
    256 GB SSDs.
    100 Wh battery.
    The upcoming Intel Atom processors (Haswell or Bay Trail, if I'm not mistaken)
    Compatibility with the next XBox and its controllers

As a bonus: 60 months support cycle :D
    I don't have a phone right now. At least, a working one.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    A 17"+ Surface Pro to replace my 17" VAIO laptop.
    Surface Pro/RT

Custom next gen chipsets
    NFC
    Better button placement
    Superior speakers
    Surface exclusive apps
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Erm getting hold of the first wave would be nice here in the UK and Europe - Still no Pro. Epic Fail.
    BIGPADDY and xandros9 like this.

3g/LTE support
    I also want to see an xbox tablet, all MS needs to do is make a sexy 7" xbox gaming tablet with controller built into it, like the psvita, and a new halo and some other "real" games on it from major devs and I see a real winner here. Its sad about WP because MS has the best mobile gaming platform with just decent games, but not many console-like games like the vita has for example...
  21.    #21  
    13-15 inch surface with Haswell processor (with new integrated graphics), and other upgrades, and I'm set.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    I want Tegra4. I also want Microsoft to implement the 5th battery saving core we aren't using in the existing Tegra3.

I'd like to see GPS. Along with some other stuff mentioned here.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere View Post
    Surface Pro: 6+ hour battery life under normal usage, not "if you turn brightness to 5% and run one web page"-level battery life. (Right now I get around 3.5-4 hours).

That's the only must have for me. NFC and at least two position kickstand would be nice. Otherwise I think the hardware is pretty great and I love the form factor, we just need some big software upgrades.
    NFC
    --Seriously, Tap+Share is amazing on WP lets bring it full circle!

Higher resolution display
    --I do a lot of reading on it and gaming on a higher res would be amazing!

USB drivers to use Xbox controller (on RT) to play *possible* FPS on my surface....::drool::
    Ah, screw it. But I am not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Buck, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    um dude that already works. people have already demonstrated playing xbox controller on RT.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast