Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ninjaap
  • 1 Post By Coolknight1968
  • 2 Post By tissotti
  1. CSI Guy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts
       #1  
    I can't wait for the rumored Nokia Windows 8 tablet. I am using a iPad now but Safari will not work with my Home Office website. Business users really need a Windows 8 Tablet for work. I hope beyond all hopes that Nokia can come out with a home run machine.
  2. CSI Guy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts
       #2  
    OK I have been so entrenched with Apple Products that I have been missing the news on Windows products but that may change and soon. Is there a Windows tablet out right now that is top notch? HP had some sort of tablet but it has been discontinued. I need something that runs Internet Explorer well to connect to my companies website. I don't want something cheesy, I may have to wait for the rumored Nokia Tablet running Windows 8. Any news is welcome.
  3. dtboos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    #3  
    Official "windows 8" tablets will be released when windows 8 is. So around October /November . But there are a couple really good tablets you can buy now and put win8 consumer preview on it. I have the Samsung Series 7 Slate.

    Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
  4. WP7_Lover's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #4  
    The Samsung Series 7 tablets are very nice and work well with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. They are almost the same as the table that was given out at the Build Conference.
  5. #5  
    While I love my iPad 2 dearly, I will probably be heading out for a Windows 8 tablet, should Nokia bring one to the table.

    Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
  6. caliborn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WP7_Lover View Post
    The Samsung Series 7 tablets are very nice and work well with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. They are almost the same as the table that was given out at the Build Conference.
    Those things are freaking expensive...We bought one for testing..$1300!!
  7. threed61's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    368 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by caliborn View Post
    Those things are freaking expensive...We bought one for testing..$1300!!
    Agreed! Waaaaay too high.
  8. Hoekie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #8  
    What's top noth? Untill the final W8 tablets are released an Acer w500 will do me just fine.
    All hardware on it is supported. Bought second hand cheap. Loving it.
    W8 x86 tablets are a whole new market. Only W8 ARM tablets can be compared with the big phone tablets like a Tab10.1 and ipad.
  9. thoughthalo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have the new iPad (iPad 3) right now. But am thinking about the Win 8 tablets.. need a change...
  10. Myclevername's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by csi guy1 View Post
    OK I have been so entrenched with Apple Products that I have been missing the news on Windows products but that may change and soon. Is there a Windows tablet out right now that is top notch? HP had some sort of tablet but it has been discontinued. I need something that runs Internet Explorer well to connect to my companies website. I don't want something cheesy, I may have to wait for the rumored Nokia Tablet running Windows 8. Any news is welcome.
    I'm using the Windows 8 Consumer Build on an Acer Iconia W500. Its the best of both worlds. A 10 inch tablet that also docks into a keyboard when I need the faster functionality of a netbook experience. When I'm done, I just rip the screen free from the keyboard and Windows 8 in all of its touch based glory, is in my lap or in bed or at Starbucks, surfing via WiFi. Downloaded Kindle and love reading in it.
    Check it out on the Acer site or on Ebay. I bought mine on Craigslist for a steal.
    Windows 8 needs a keyboard sometimes.
  11. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,107 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    While I love my iPad 2 dearly, I will probably be heading out for a Windows 8 tablet, should Nokia bring one to the table.
    Same here. I love my iPad 2.

    It started as a gadget toy for me, but my PC use has dropped for something like 40% after year of iPad use.


    One thing i love on Windows 8 is the multitasking over ipad. Just wanna see Nokia deliver on the spec and design department and i'm buying it.
    Thinking how important the screen is on tablets it would be cool to see some really high reso screen be it ISP or AMOLED with Nokia's Clear Black display tech (added polarizing filter layer).

    The thing that separates Nokia's Clear Black Display and Samsung's S AMOLED is that it can be added to any display type for better viewing angels and deeper blacks.
  12. pedenske's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #12  
    If Nokia brings a tablet that is anything close to their Lumia line it will be a no brainer, must buy for me.
  13. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,775 Posts
    #13  
    I'm sure I'll get a Win 8 Tablet but I can't say it'll be Nokia. As far as I know, they haven't proven themselves with Windows Phones. (I had the chance get a hands on the Nokia 900 today. I can't say I was as "impressed" with it as I thought I would be.) But when the tablets begin to drop, we'll see what they can do for the American palate. Then I'll decide.
  14. gzinkl's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    I'm sure I'll get a Win 8 Tablet but I can't say it'll be Nokia. As far as I know, they haven't proven themselves with Windows Phones. (I had the chance get a hands on the Nokia 900 today. I can't say I was as "impressed" with it as I thought I would be.) But when the tablets begin to drop, we'll see what they can do for the American palate. Then I'll decide.
    why were you not impressed w the Lumia 900?
  15. Jazmac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,775 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    why were you not impressed w the Lumia 900?
    The one I had in hand felt a tad bit sluggish than my Titan. And even comparing it to the Samsung Focus S display model, it wasn't as snappy. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Nokia 900 over any android but as it relates to what Nokia may bring to the tablet world, I'm in "wait and see" mode. Windows 8? Yes in-deed. Nokia tablet? I'm less certain about that.
  16. btgusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #16  
    I am also waiting to see what goodies Nokia offers in the form of a tablet. Will it be RT or
    x86. I bet it'll be windowsRT. I do like the Asus 600 and 810 I saw at computex
  17. AKA Preluva's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #17  
    If Nokia is going to make a tablet then let's hope they have the brains to innovate and make a phon-let! I keep waiting for someone to change the game, MS totally dropped the ball with the Surface. If Nokia wants to hit a home run they need to make a 7" - 10" tablet with phone parts built in period!
  18. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,107 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    If Nokia is going to make a tablet then let's hope they have the brains to innovate and make a phon-let! I keep waiting for someone to change the game, MS totally dropped the ball with the Surface. If Nokia wants to hit a home run they need to make a 7" - 10" tablet with phone parts built in period!
    There's other ways to be innovative than make a PadFone. ;) I doubt that's the kind of thing to gather masses and waste R&D at this point imo.

    I rather hope Nokia to make high end tablet (that will probably give with Nokia) with higher end specs in the 450-700 euros range, amazing great Clear Black screen, Nokia design and at best some twist to it all from Nokia.
  19. AKA Preluva's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    There's other ways to be innovative than make a PadFone. ;) I doubt that's the kind of thing to gather masses and waste R&D at this point imo.

    I rather hope Nokia to make high end tablet (that will probably give with Nokia) with higher end specs in the 450-700 euros range, amazing great Clear Black screen, Nokia design and at best some twist to it all from Nokia.

    But that IS the point! How many companies are making phone/tablets? Not many that I know of. But how many are make tablets? Everybody and his aunt Tilly! So how do you stand out from the crowd? By making something different and convenient!!!

    When tablets first came out I wondered why anyone would buy them, they didn't really do anything besides web surfing, email, app's, etc. I had a Palm Pre for all that so I bought a laptop. Then the HP firesale happened and since they were reasonably priced I bought a Touchpad. After hacking the Pre so it can be a hot spot for the Touchpad, I now use the TP to do everything the Pre did, except make calls & text. Oh wait, just discovered a way to text with it. ;) The Pre has become an expensive alarm clock! And if the Touchpad had built in phone capabilities, that Pre would be in a drawer collecting dust! ;)
  20. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    #20  
    I would never buy anything in the 5"-9" range. Too big to be a phone and too small to be a tablet.
    tissotti and gedzum like this.
  21. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,107 Posts
    #21  
    I wish Nokia's tablet could look like this. Looks so good.

    Way too good looking Nokia Windows 8 tablet mockup | nokiagadgets.com
  22. Miss.Donna's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidWPUser View Post
    I have the new iPad (iPad 3) right now. But am thinking about the Win 8 tablets.. need a change...
    Liked features ..

    1. Support for both x86 PCs and ARM tablets

    2. Touch-centric, Tiles-based User Interface (UI)
  23. todaylingtec's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #23  
    Will it be a tablet that runs W8 or a tablet that runs WP8? AT&T has asked Lumia 900 buyers if they'd be interested in a tablet that had phone capabilities.
  24. #24  
    I have one... a Samsung ATIV-S Smart PC T700 with dock keyboard. i5, 4Gb or RAM, 128Gb SSD, added a 64Gb microSD.
    I can tell you even my Macbook Pro which is not the newest model has no chance at all against this Windows 8 Pro tablet!
    So, expensive... maybe, but you get a good Notebook and ULTRA Tablet in one go!
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    mafu6 likes this.
  25. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,107 Posts
    #25  
    Nokia tablet picture leaked? Seems like a bit random place to leak a official picture of a Nokia Windows 8 tablet to me.

    Nokia Lumia tablet pictured? | nokiagadgets.com
    palandri and boneycat like this.

Posting Permissions