Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    This will be amazing if true. The Verge has been pulling out stuff today about Lumia PureView phone called EOS that will feature similar sensor to 808 PureView.
    • Nokia’s 2013 flagship is codenamed EOS and it will feature 808 PureView like sensor
    • AT&T will stock this phone later this year. No announcement or release dates given
    • EOS will feature new Nokia design with aluminium build and square edges
    • This same design will be followed by a Lumia 920 replacement (not 920 successor) codenamed Catwalk. Codename we have heard before
    • There’s also mid-range device that will debut in early summer
    • Nokia will also introduce its Windows 8 RT tablet early 2013. This is one major contradiction to the rumor earlier today
    This device would be announced in MWC. Damn this would be amazing if true.

Above copy pasted from Nokia EOS is the codename for aluminium high megapixel Nokia Lumia phone | nokiagadgets.com
    Last edited by tissotti; 01-23-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Global Posts
    2,761 Global Posts
    Worthy successor to my 920. Just hope one day the OS will let me reply to an email request for my resume with something other than a picture....
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Global Posts
    2,496 Global Posts
    If this is real, it will be my next phone. This is just about the only thing that could keep my on Windows Phone at this point. I will otherwise be defecting to either BB10 or iOS.

I hope it all gets revealed at MWC next month so that I can then decide whether to sell my 920 and wait or just not bother. I hate it when they make everything secret until the last second lol.

And are you the same tissotti from Mobile Review? its Crusaderuk ;)

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    I hope it all gets revealed at MWC next month so that I can then decide whether to sell my 920 and wait or just not bother. I hate it when they make everything secret until the last second lol.

And are you the same tissotti from Mobile Review? its Crusaderuk ;)
    I just might be. ;) Nice to see you over here. :D

Hopefully we get some kind of teaser like we got for 808 PureView before MWC last year.

Well looks like I will be waiting for my next phone a little while longer

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    The PureView 808 was announced at the 2012 MWC and it was "available" (in limited areas of course...) in May 2012 and in others in June 2012.
    I'm guessing we will see similar lag in availability for whatever gets announced at 2013 MWC too...

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Seems like Nokia will have its MWC event on the first day of MWC 2013.
    Nokia invites press for February 25 MWC event | nokiagadgets.com
    My only hope is that "ATT will stock this phone" doesn't mean exclusively. If so, I hope it is a rumor that falls flat. I'm fed up with getting the second rate phones.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Gungzwei likes this.

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    My only hope is that "ATT will stock this phone" doesn't mean exclusively. If so, I hope it is a rumor that falls flat. I'm fed up with getting the second rate phones.
    This is why I am switching to ATT. They seem to get any phone on any platform. The more choices the better.

I hope Nokia learned their lesson about demand and decided to make versions for all carriers.
    hopmedic, M L and RJ Priest like this.

41MP or not. My next Windows Phone will be 4.7" - 5.0" and have a 1080p resolution. If this so called EOS (rumor 4.3) doesn't have it, then my Lumia 920 will get more quality time and my other lines up for upgrade will have to wait a bit longer. Don't want to downgrade screen size again like I did from the Titan.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsn View Post
    41MP or not. My next Windows Phone will be 4.7" - 5.0" and have a 1080p resolution. If this so called EOS (rumor 4.3) doesn't have it, then my Lumia 920 will get more quality time and my other lines up for upgrade will have to wait a bit longer. Don't want to downgrade screen size again like I did from the Titan.
    1080p not likely . Remember windows 8 originally only supported 720p or 768

Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    1080p not likely . Remember windows 8 originally only supported 720p or 768
    You are correct, right now. But who is to say that a OS update will not include this...

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    This will be amazing if true. The Verge has been pulling out stuff today about Lumia PureView phone called EOS that will feature similar sensor to 808 PureView.
    This device would be announced in MWC. Damn this would be amazing if true.

Its true, its on the coming soon list from here : Nokia 808 PureView - Nokia Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net Ltd.

Above copy pasted from Nokia EOS is the codename for aluminium high megapixel Nokia Lumia phone | nokiagadgets.com
    While most people are looking into the EOS and Catwalk, I'm actually more interested in the mid-range device. We could see the Nokia Lumia 720 right there...
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsn View Post
    You are correct, right now. But who is to say that a OS update will not include this...
    Yeah, there's already been speculation. If it comes with Apollo+, I won't be surprised.
    - Rich

Will the EOS come with a combination of the 41MP pureview from the 808 and the OIS pureview from the 920? Or will it just be an WP8 version of the 808? I hope it comes with both, that would make me dump my 920 for it! What do you guys think?

Global Posts
    2,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrussoa3 View Post
    Will the EOS come with a combination of the 41MP pureview from the 808 and the OIS pureview from the 920? Or will it just be an WP8 version of the 808? I hope it comes with both, that would make me dump my 920 for it! What do you guys think?
    It seems like the next logical step. They better, I mean HTC's One has it's "ultrapixel" sensor + OIS now.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    It seems like the next logical step. They better, I mean HTC's One has it's "ultrapixel" sensor + OIS now.
    But this is the essential problem with Windows Phone, Microsoft being so damn slow.

I mean Nokia made the focking amazing 41MP oversampling sensor over a year ago for 808 PV Symbian, but it needed to fit a lot of specialized software that fit the algorithms to handle the complex task of oversampling the 41MP sensor and forming 38MP, 8MP, 5MP or 3MP photos. It also needed Nokia to fit another GPU that's in the sensor module working as a first puffer to take some tasks away from the main GPU.

Can Nokia do that in Windows Phone? It can't in the current slow pace of supported SoC's, screen resolutions stuck to the max on Lumia 920 and in general poor hardware flexibility. Windows Phone needs faster movement in hardware and it isn't coming before Microsoft provides the support and flexibility. Thing is it seems like Microsoft wont have any kind of event in MWC concerning Windows Phone so we are not getting those updates. You wont just suddenly see new SoC and screen resolution in Windows Phone device, Microsoft first needs to announce it supports it, like it has done with all of the other versions.

That to me means definite no for any kind of true PureView phone or major jump in hardware in MWC.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I don't give a good darn about the 41mp EOS at this point. All I want is a variant of the 920 on Verizon. Sooner rather than later as I have been contract free for over two months now and if don't see any mention of it at MWC, I'm going back to ATT where at least WP is promoted more.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrussoa3 View Post
    It'll almost certainly be an updated version of the 808 sensor. Hypothetically, of course! If I don't break my iPhone any more than it already is, and the rumored May release holds up, this will be my next phone. I have a great dslr and we have a decent point n shoot, but like they say "I always have my phone". I've taken some decent stuff with my iPhone and run it through snapseed. That app on this new cam/phone would be an awesome combo!
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device. :)
    until Windows Phone 8- now I'm ready to move on from the iPhone after five years.

Global Posts
    31,326 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    It'll almost certainly be an updated version of the 808 sensor. Hypothetically, of course! If I don't break my iPhone any more than it already is, and the rumored May release holds up, this will be my next phone. I have a great dslr and we have a decent point n shoot, but like they say "I always have my phone". I've taken some decent stuff with my iPhone and run it through snapseed. That app on this new cam/phone would be an awesome combo!
    That might be my next device too. It sure looks like it will be impressive.
    I see some very nice budget phones. I think the crap is in your eyes! ;-)
    - Rich

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast