Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRonin View Post
    That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

That new models of S4 or other phones are coming out in two monts...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Thoughts? validity of rumors?
    Awesome. 3 posts. Your rumor. Now looking for validation from those who live and breathe this stuff, but haven't. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    Awesome. 3 posts. Your rumor. Now looking for validation from those who live and breathe this stuff, but haven't. Awesome.
    Post counts don't mean that a person is ignorant of the platform. I read wpcentral multiple times a day, along with wmpoweruser, winsupersite, aawp, verge, engadget, and multiple other sites looking for wp news. I have also bought a focus, l900, and l920 on their release days, while being very informed on what I was looking to buy months in advance. Yet I have 22, now 23 posts on here, does that make Me uninformed too? One thing I hate when reading tech blogs is the amount of self righteousness in the comments and forums. Don't be that guy..
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.
    That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Same thing will happen when new devices arrive. After they release new ones will come.Is always like that. This is how technology moves. Buy a phone today; next month is old because new ones are coming

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    950? Can't wait *rolls eyes* where has all the critical thinking skills gone?
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4S --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Jonsson View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Lumia 920T (Chinese model) is actually sporting a Adreno 320 GPU, as opposed to the standard Adreno 225.

I haven't heard anything disputing this since it was originally revealed?
    Nokia Lumia 920T for China Mobile brings TD-SCDMA to Windows Phone

Not sure if this is enough though. It doesn't say anything about the GPU.

Thanks for your answers everybody :).
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Actually, I heard the 980 will have a 16mp camera and 128gb of storage.. You should wait until that comes out.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I never get caught up with that because you will NEVER be current no matter what you get. If you wait for the 950 (assuming it even comes out when you think) I guarantee that the next "big" thing will be right around the corner again. There is no way you can keep up with the release of these new smart phones and to try and do so is a fool's folly. Unless you have a FIRM release date, why bother?
    Connie L - Windows Phone 8 always

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Did everyone get what they wanted this holiday season?
    david90531 likes this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I can tell you the 950 is absolutely amazing. It will blow your mind!! I have actually seen it. . . I cried for days. I went home and threw my 920 in the toilet and then **** on it. The technology in this 950, I didn't know even exist yet. Its almost alien technology. I can't say any more. I'm being watched right now, I've already said to much.

Since we're all specualting here, 950 just doesn't seem to fit. I say the next Lumia will be a 940. That has more consistency than a 950 does...or even better, maybe we see a 920SE or something. Just saying!!
    Big Supes likes this.

As said, with that thinking you never get a new phone. There will never be a phone that will be the top dog after 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    As said, with that thinking you never get a new phone. There will never be a phone that will be the top dog after 6 months.
    While that is generally true, I don't think it applies in the same way in Nokia's situation at the moment. Their update cycle can be much faster because of the situation they are in, and also because they have a lot of available technology that is already in mass production, but its not found in the Lumia line.. so I think they will have a new flagship by June at the latest.

Or, just buy a 920 now. When the 950 (or whatever) comes out, just sell your 920 and put the money towards a new 950. Then you get to use the 920 for now, and when the new phone comes out, you can use the new phone too.

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSal1 View Post
    Did everyone get what they wanted this holiday season?
    I wish. I'm still trolling for a cyan wireless charging plate for my Lumia 810.

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    I can tell you the 950 is absolutely amazing. It will blow your mind!! I have actually seen it. . . I cried for days. I went home and threw my 920 in the toilet and then **** on it. The technology in this 950, I didn't know even exist yet. Its almost alien technology. I can't say any more. I'm being watched right now, I've already said to much.
    + This. Best laugh I've had while waiting out a delay at an airport in a minute.

Even then, the new flagship may not have "all the goodies" of 920, such as the OIS camera. Just like with the N8. N8 was the flagship of it's time. However until the 808 Pureview (2012) there was no direct upgrade that had everything the N8 had. They had the N9, which was a different OS, while nice and flashy, traded off a lot from what the N8 had. Then came the Lumias, neither of which came even close to the camera and feature of N8.

Given, yes, that shift was from Symbian to WP, while now it's gonna be WP to WP but still. I don't expect that the next flagship will have an equally good or better camera.

Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    I guess they all do that, but at least Apple doesn't have other models for sale that do certain things better then their flagship..
    This is really a transition thing. A lot of the 808 camera magic is in the software. The Symbian software is quite different from Windows Phone. Nokia had invested quite a lot in Symbian and didn't want to lose it all. I imagine there were certain internal people that may have been very upset if the 808 wasn't released. I think now they can move on and work on Lumia.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Even then, the new flagship may not have "all the goodies" of 920, such as the OIS camera. Just like with the N8. N8 was the flagship of it's time. However until the 808 Pureview (2012) there was no direct upgrade that had everything the N8 had. They had the N9, which was a different OS, while nice and flashy, traded off a lot from what the N8 had. Then came the Lumias, neither of which came even close to the camera and feature of N8.

Given, yes, that shift was from Symbian to WP, while now it's gonna be WP to WP but still. I don't expect that the next flagship will have an equally good or better camera.
    True. I just hope that with the help of Microsoft they can port the technology to WP faster and get it in production. I am still not sure what this is:

It looks like a concept phone... but I am not sure if its real. The adreno 320 can't handle the load from that sensor.. at least not with oversampling. And I think it only supports up to 20Mpix camera modules. But then again.. the BCM 2763 in the 808 can't support it either, but they made it work with that extra DSP in there.. I still don't know who made that chip, but I assume it was Broadcom.

oh.. i just noticed something. That picture is kind of old.. 5-6 months I think, but look at the windows key.. its the new one... hm

As far as the N8 to 808 transition... that took about two years, but I still think that the 808 was its own project, with its own separate timeline.. I don't think it had much to do with replacing/succeeding the N8.. its not even an N series device, but you are right.. in terms of feature set its the only plausible successor.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    This is really a transition thing. A lot of the 808 camera magic is in the software.
    Yes it is. The whole system (dual GPU/DSP), the oversampling, the camera app, and the UI necessary to take advantage of it all are all heavily based on Symbian's structure, which is very modular.. that helps a lot in this case, and its also based on a real-time kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    The Symbian software is quite different from Windows Phone. Nokia had invested quite a lot in Symbian and didn't want to lose it all. I imagine there were certain internal people that may have been very upset if the 808 wasn't released. I think now they can move on and work on Lumia.
    They kept saying that it was a 5 year project.. so ya, I would assume that getting to market was the last push the old "symbian team" could manage before things started to change. I even remember that Elop coming on stage before they presented it in Barcelona.. he didn't seem all that excited considering what they had in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    I spoke to a trustable source (for the US) and he said that Verizon is getting a new Nokia that'll be a beefed up 920. They planned the 822 originally for holidays, and then they're gonna get a crazy one
    The Lumia 922 may come for Verizon once the exclusivity period ends with AT&T but I highly doubt that the specs will be much if any different from the Lumia 920 currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisff View Post
    Post counts don't mean that a person is ignorant of the platform. I read wpcentral multiple times a day, along with wmpoweruser, winsupersite, aawp, verge, engadget, and multiple other sites looking for wp news. I have also bought a focus, l900, and l920 on their release days, while being very informed on what I was looking to buy months in advance. Yet I have 22, now 23 posts on here, does that make Me uninformed too? One thing I hate when reading tech blogs is the amount of self righteousness in the comments and forums. Don't be that guy..
    This isn't about you, first of all. So no need to defend or make excuses for posts you did not make. I'll stand on my earlier comment. SPECIFICALLY, he asked "Thoughts? validity of rumors?" I gave my thoughts as well as what I thought about his rumor. What's your beef? Post count? Give me a break.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    You know it has become a strategy to build up on future products on some companies so the expectations fail the actual future products .
    Iphone 5 is a good phone coming from 4S , but the expectations and the bar were set too high , it failed , its not failure of sales , its failure of surprise and freshness .

I think the next war the companies will use is THIS ONE , build up future products which would decrease current sales and kill future devices too.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    I hear the Nokia Lumia 980 is soon to be announced......8 GB Ram , 64 core processor, and comes with the new "Mr. Belvedere Mode" it makes your meals and does your laundry!

mr-belvedere.jpg
    Luminatic likes this.

Eh, that's the problem with marketing these days; Over-promise, but under-deliver. But for the most part, people usually don't care.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Sounds really fine. I'm just sad that the Windows Phone 8 OS is still nowhere near usable. They could at least fix the big delay with notifications. A notification center later on is a must... :/
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast