Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scolab
  • 1 Post By speedtouch

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    wireless.walmart.com is showing the Lumia 822 for VZW on upgrade for FREE. No ETA on when they'll be available though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails walmartupg.png  
    Thanked by:
    hopmedic likes this.

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Holy moly, if that's true it'll be a great deal for lots of folks.
    Lumia 620
    scolab likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Well, after spending an hour trying to place an order online, they tell me the phone is not in stock with no ETA. :( I might just leave it on order in hope that their system hasn't been updated yet.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scolab View Post
    Well, after spending an hour trying to place an order online, they tell me the phone is not in stock with no ETA. :( I might just leave it on order in hope that their system hasn't been updated yet.
    Have you called them?

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    Have you called them?
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    Have you called them?
    I did. They wouldn't give me a ship time until I actually completed the order.

I said "well, I'm not ready to place the order at this time, I'm not sure what color I'm going to get"

He said "okay, I need your credit card to complete the order"

"I said I'm not ordering now"

"But this price may not be good tomorrow"

"fine, I'll take my chances. Thanks"

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    I did. They wouldn't give me a ship time until I actually completed the order.

I said "well, I'm not ready to place the order at this time, I'm not sure what color I'm going to get"

He said "okay, I need your credit card to complete the order"

"I said I'm not ordering now"

"But this price may not be good tomorrow"

"fine, I'll take my chances. Thanks"
    It says on the website that the deal is for the 15th. It may be ending tomorrow. I did hear that walmart stores should be getting some in soon.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I figured since it cost me nothing, and I was going to wait until at least next Friday anyway, why not? The ordered was approved all the way through to Verizon, so I'll just wait a few days and see if it eventually ships. Nothing lost, but a lot to gain if it works!

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Best buy is pricematching online offers until christmas eve (excludes thanksgiving week and cyber monday) no need to wait until they get the phones in :D I will be getting my phone in the morning.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
    I went into Best Buy last night, with the ad queued up in my phone, and walked out with a free 822. Sweet deal. I was hoping they had the white one, because my wife doesn't want black, and she's going to get this phone if Verizon comes out with a 9xx, but BB has a 30 day no questions, no cost exchange policy, so if they get the white one within 30 days (their web site says "Coming Soon"), I'll exchange it for the white one, which will please the wife.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    You're a god, hopmedic. I just did that last night too and canceled my order with Walmart. The girl at BB said this was the first Windows phone they've sold!

Grey and white are now at WalMart for free as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scolab View Post
    You're a god, hopmedic. I just did that last night too and canceled my order with Walmart. The girl at BB said this was the first Windows phone they've sold!
    Glad to help!