Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

I was just informed from my awesome saleperson that I can now preorder the Lumia 920!!!

She said...

"The system states pre-order before 11/8 at 3pm to receive by 11/9."!!!

AT&T just released a press release about the availability of the Samsung ATIV Smart PC (which is a Windows 8 device) on November 9th... hopefully we'll here a more official announcement about WP8 now...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Here we go!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Preorders aren't on their website yet :dry Do you have to pre-order online?

I don't have any more info than that...

She just verified that I can come do the preorder today and verified that cyan (which she knew I wanted) was an option!!!

I'm getting my surface delivered today...if it shows up in time I will head down to ATT and get it preordered....I will let you know if it all works out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banner18 View Post
    I don't have any more info than that...

She just verified that I can come do the preorder today and verified that cyan (which she knew I wanted) was an option!!!

I'm getting my surface delivered today...if it shows up in time I will head down to ATT and get it preordered....I will let you know if it all works out!!

do you have to preorder in person? where is this location? did you ask any more details? price? charging pad?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Gnarly!!!!

After reading this I tried going online to preorder. I spoke with an online sales agent who then checked with a manager, but they still had no information or ability to take a pre-order. The best that they could offer was to check back on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by lhunter1130 View Post
    do you have to preorder in person? where is this location? did you ask any more details? price? charging pad?
    I haven't been able to get more detailed info, I am in meetings all day...but I had to let you guys know!

Quote Originally Posted by Okcbikeguy View Post
    After reading this I tried going online to preorder. I spoke with an online sales agent who then checked with a manager, but they still had no information or ability to take a pre-order. The best that they could offer was to check back on Friday.
    I'm hoping to get down there today...I will let you know...

I called the corporate store on Greetree Road in Pittsburgh and they will accept pre-orders on the 8th through the 9th with the phone going on sale on the 11th. Yeehaw...Disco!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I posted this in the other thread but;

My Local AT&T just informed me that the weekend availability is correct(Didn't have them elaborate on whether or not Friday is considered the weekend), but that they cannot comment on preorder availability until AT&T officially releases that information.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    If the preorder will show up online today or tomorrow... do any of you know if i can pick an option to pick my phone in the store? and also after how many weeks i can still exchange the phone for something else if i dont like?

Global Posts
    1,419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0xusa View Post
    If the preorder will show up online today or tomorrow... do any of you know if i can pick an option to pick my phone in the store? and also after how many weeks i can still exchange the phone for something else if i dont like?
    AT&T has changed their return policy to 14 days.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I would like to know what the heck is going on. Lol
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ^Except the different colors have a different sku and you have to pay a restocking fee.

As for release date, just went to local ATT store where my friend works, couldn't order it(even tried manually imputting the sku which he was able to find), but it shows them receiving them Saturday and on Sale Sunday the 11th
    Last edited by jholso; 11-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Caslav View Post
    I called the corporate store on Greetree Road in Pittsburgh and they will accept pre-orders on the 8th through the 9th with the phone going on sale on the 11th. Yeehaw...Disco!
    DISCO...LOL. I am jumping around with one foot :D (The other one is broken).

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Apparently, AT&T is going to allow select customers to pre-order a pre-order for a pre-order for a phone this week. :D
    aubreyq, Reflexx and maj71303 like this.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Anyone know about the 8X for att?

who cares 8X :happy:

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diaspar View Post
    who cares 8X :happy:
    People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.
    If you take pics at night, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you have ever had blurry pictures because of an unsteady hand, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you've ever filmed video with your cell phone, but didn't like how jittery it turned out, OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you don't like buying special gloves to work with a phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever hated the blur that occurs in some action movies when viewing on your phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever tried using a phone outside in the sun, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

HOWEVER... other than that, it's totally a gimmick.
    Thanked by:

Oh boy, chill out and have fun...

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I went to my local att store at 5pm tonight to check on the status of the 920 and they called some branch and so far no one knows when this thing is being released. he read me the companies letter and all it said was mid November.

as for the camera, at this point with the bug/glitch its just not a top contender. at night it may be the best but for day shots its probably top 5/6.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I went to my local att store at 5pm tonight to check on the status of the 920 and they called some branch and so far no one knows when this thing is being released. he read me the companies letter and all it said was mid November.

as for the camera, at this point with the bug/glitch its just not a top contender. at night it may be the best but for day shots its probably top 5/6.
    Well show be a phone which is perfect?.

I will show many things that is not good in it..

Lumia 920 daylight pictures issues is fixable with software update and they will fix it.. It is not like HTC or Samsung who dont do anything for windows phones.

Well other than that.. all the other gimmicks are still valid.. add the Rich Recording for sound....

IF you just compare and contrast you will know that this phone is more closer to perfect.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast