Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I went to my local att store at 5pm tonight to check on the status of the 920 and they called some branch and so far no one knows when this thing is being released. he read me the companies letter and all it said was mid November.

as for the camera, at this point with the bug/glitch its just not a top contender. at night it may be the best but for day shots its probably top 5/6.
    For day shots it's second only to the 808

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caslav View Post
    I called the corporate store on Greetree Road in Pittsburgh and they will accept pre-orders on the 8th through the 9th with the phone going on sale on the 11th. Yeehaw...Disco!
    im close by..the closest stores to me are robinson mall and settlers ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    If you take pics at night, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you have ever had blurry pictures because of an unsteady hand, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you've ever filmed video with your cell phone, but didn't like how jittery it turned out, OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you don't like buying special gloves to work with a phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever hated the blur that occurs in some action movies when viewing on your phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever tried using a phone outside in the sun, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

HOWEVER... other than that, it's totally a gimmick.
    Sorry to say, but every OEM is equally guilty of the "gimmicks". Nokia has their camera, and HTC has their Beats Audio. I'm not trying to play sides here, but to give opposition equal time, I have a 4 year old son & a 1 1/2 year old daughter...safe to assume I takes lots of pictures of them. Currently, I sport an HTC TITAN, and to be honest, I have never had to worry about a blurry picture, or shaky video.

My TITAN's camera performs just fine for capturing every moment of my children's lives...it's actually better than my wife's Lumia 900, even after the 7.5 refresh update. Unless I ever have to take a video of my children riding a bike next to my moving vehicle, I don't feel the "need" to purchase a Lumia over any other OEM.

Like I said, everyone has their gimmicks...if you want OIS on your camera phone, get a Lumia. If you want built-in amplifiers on your phone, get an HTC...and if you want what everyone thinks is the answer to all of life's questions, get a stupid iPhone.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    People use the word "gimmick" too liberally. There is such thing as a "good" gimmick, and I find OIS to be a good one. I mean, yes every person is different, but given the fact that I...

1. Enjoy taking pictures at formal events, which have low lighting, the pureview helps.

2. Even if I focus in, the pictures have a slight blur to them, because of a shaky hand.

3. Just look at video of The Verge using an 8X to record connecting a 920 to the Surface. You can see all the shakes, and after being spoiled with the 920...those things become even more apparent.

Preorder placed on AT&T's website :)

Global Posts
    1,419 Global Posts
    Pre-order not working for me on AT&T website, every time I click the phone the page just refreshes. If you're able to pre-order please state if you're Premier or not and the method you used (links) to pre-order.

I am Premier. I just went through the upgrade process and selected the phone. Didnt do anything special

Does anyone know what colors will be available in the stores.

Was disappointed to see the yellow would not be available for at least a week online.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    I am Premier. I just went through the upgrade process and selected the phone. Didnt do anything special

Hey, what does your status say right now? I ordered mine through premier too...and its saying "status:attention"...not sure what that means

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    *sigh* I am still waffling. I want a cyan 920 which sounds like it won't be in stores, and I want to check out the 8X but immensely disappointed at the fact its twice as much as the 920 with half the ram. That was practically my device of choice until the price hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hellerz85 View Post
    Hey, what does your status say right now? I ordered mine through premier too...and its saying "status:attention"...not sure what that means

In the AT&T orders page it shows my shipment status as back ordered. Item status as processing for everything, pending shipment for micro SIM.

Don't know what to make of it honestly lol

I'm premier, but an individual user - not sure what that means exactly, other than all I get to see in regards to order status is 'processing'

Mine updated to say processing now too.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a direct number to Premier Customer Service? Mine is still stuck at "attention"...grrrr im also an individual user on premier as well.

I just called ATT about my order, because I was seemingly required to choose a voice plan, when it should be on a family plan.

that aside (I have to call after I activate the phone to get it sorted out), I was told they do not have the shipment details yet to say when I would actually get the phone. "give it a few days to update"

Im certainly not getting my hopes up that a nokia will show up at my door on Friday.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So this is what the rep said about the "attention" status...

As part of our business security process, your order is currently being reviewed. If there are any problems encountered in processing your order, an e-mail notification will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided when you placed your order.

Thats all she could give me....sigh

Does anyone have a direct number to Premier Customer Service? Mine is still stuck at "attention"...grrrr im also an individual user on premier as well.
    Just call. When you give them your number it will route to the Premier Help Desk.
    Developer

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm currently on ATT with the old iPhone Unlimited Data Plan. Anyone has any idea how I can keep my unlimited plan while preordering online? Or do I have to call them up?

Global Posts
    1,419 Global Posts
    After striking out all last night I was finally able to order a Cyan and add a line to my account. I was expecting to add a line for $9.99 but it gave me an error message stating that I couldn't. I added another line for about $40 and will call and straighten out once I get the phone.

Those of you that preordered-did you select overnight shipping for $14.00 or go with the regular?

Quote Originally Posted by CrownSeven View Post
    I'm currently on ATT with the old iPhone Unlimited Data Plan. Anyone has any idea how I can keep my unlimited plan while preordering online? Or do I have to call them up?

When you preorder online it will give you the option to keep your current plan. My sister did it without a problem and kept her unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

How can anyone take you seriously when you babble on about the 920's camera being crap?? It takes the best night shots and best video. Daytime shots could be better but Engadget pointed out in their review that you can correct that manually in settings (suggesting a software calibration issue). To top it off, Nokia already said an update is on the way.

If the camera is not your thing, then fine. Not everyone is a photographer. But to call it crap is very telling on your part.

Have any of you received confirmation that you will actually receive the preorder on the 9th? I just called to verify my order & was told they would have them in the warehouse on the 9th, meaning that's actually when it would be shipped - actual arrival would probably be the 12th.

Phone rep said if I wanted to be sure to have it on the 9th the best bet would be to pre-order or reserve in person at the store, but my local store said they aren't doing that & won't guarantee availability at any specific time on 11/9 since they don't know if they will be in the shipment received 11/9, or 11/8. pain

My local store was unable, or unwilling, to take preorders.

does anyone have a direct number to premier customer service? Mine is still stuck at "attention"...grrrr im also an individual user on premier as well.
    866-499-8008

Att is dropping the ball on this one again. Not looking good for their big marketing push for WP this go around. My local store still doesn't know anything about the 920, so I obviously can't pre-order it there. I can't do the online pre-order either since I am moving two lines from Sprint and need to time everything right.

My local store actually said "we can call you if we get one of those in a few weeks or so, i guess".
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast