Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By lhunter1130
  • 3 Post By VagrantWade

heres the link, but let me sum it up. a love letter to the 920 and actually seemed to be reviewed by someone who understands WP8 and what its goal is

linky link

AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Review - SlashGear

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lhunter1130 View Post
    heres the link, but let me sum it up. a love letter to the 920 and actually seemed to be reviewed by someone who understands WP8 and what its goal is

linky link

AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Review - SlashGear
    I need to pour a glass of wine and put on some Barry white after reading that
    I'll wait for a less bias review. J/k all ducky and bunny.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Release day cant come soon enough!!!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I'll wait for a less bias review. J/k all ducky and bunny.
    what does dukky and bunny mean? and all i been reading on here is bias crap reviews, and i just found a glowing one lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lhunter1130 View Post
    what does dukky and bunny mean? and all i been reading on here is bias crap reviews, and i just found a glowing one lol
    Ducky and bunny= positive /all good
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I like the Lumia and plan to get one. But just because it glows and says what you want makes it not biased? You do know you leave yourself open to the same criticisms that you gave others in the other review threads. Just in the other direction.

I like the review. Though the carrying because it's trendy was a little over the top.
    While I thought the written review was great, the live review was, in a word, terrible. The guy kept molesting the phone, stuttering, etc. I prefer video reviews so I can get visuals. With this one I much preferred the written version.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    You only posted this to take away rightful glory from the 8X! (J/k)

Good to see that even the #2 Windows Phone is getting favorable reviews. :D

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    You only posted this to take away rightful glory from the 8X! (J/k)

Good to see that even the #2 Windows Phone is getting favorable reviews. :D
    Agreed. The 8X will make a good little brother to the 920.

Please, lets not go there. :D

Great review. Only one missing anymore is GSMarena, really interested to see their display and audio measurements and tests.

Loved the review, though what he said about the battery life worries me a bit. I'm going to have to wait for a battery life test. The device itself is great either way.

The battery life is a bit worrisome, but I have a hunch it's the reviewers battery life is not accurate. If he reviewed the battery life based on his first day with the phone it's going to be much shorter than normal (while you spend a lot of power installing apps, testing stuff, etc). Also, I'm under the impression it takes the OS a few full charges of battery to 'learn' the battery and utilize it in the best way.

My 2 year old Samsung Focus, using the original battery, lasts at least a full day with moderate use. It's a smaller battery the OS differences shouldn't be that dramatic, so I expect at least a full day use out of the Lumia 920.

Actually when I bought my Samsung Focus, the battery lasted near 3 days with light to moderate use. Only after the WP7.5 OS upgrade did the battery life get reduced to about 1/3 (it was an overnight change).
    Personally I want to see real camera comparisons made by dpreview's mobile site. They held the 808 Pureview, iPhone 5, HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S3 to the fire. So the 8X and the 920 are the next real stuff.

Well, overall thrilled with the phone. The only area I have a problem with is that any claims that the audio output through headphones is awesome would be a FOS statement.

The truth is my HD7 blows my 920 away to the tune of only needing volume 18-20 to do the work of the 920 at volume 30. As I ride a motorcycle, this means I cannot hear a thing with the 920 even with the same noise canceling in-ear buds I was just using with my HD7 with no problems.

In truth, the only time the sound level is up there is during notifications, when it fairly drowns the music out with various beeps and tones that sound like they're running on an entirely different and higher power amplifier circuit than what powers the music.

Very disappointing, as it appears only HTC knows what to do about sound, while not having a clue what to do about storage, or I'd have gotten the 8X and stayed on T-Mobile.

There is only one other complaint that can approach this one, and that is the arrogance it takes for Microsoft to completely ignore VPN support for a second straight OS release. I simply don't get it.