Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wow...reviews have been all over the ballpark in regards to battery life. They are anywhere from "subpar" to "more than adequate" to "surprisingly good".

The Wall Street Journal reviewer said he used it for web browsing, email, etc all day and had 25% battery left at midnight. Another reviewer said web browsing lasted about 4.75 hours. Most reviews have said it goes about a full day without needing to charge.

I'm not sure what to think...
    I heard the same about the 920. I find it hard to believe any phone getting a full days charge under heavy use, which I'm sure they are. Also, there are so many variables. Signal strength, ECT... The snapdragon is a pretty efficient processor so I'm sure these phones will be fine.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I'm in the EXACT same place! I'm really worried about the battery life on the 8X (Verizon). I just want it to last me a full day with heavy usage until midnight, will that happen? :dry
    Maybe the razr maxx will last a full day with heavy use but I don't think any other will. Perhaps we have a different definition of heavy use.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Look what I found :)

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I'm assuming 4G LTE will have an impact on battery life, BUT Qualcomm claims that with their new S4 processor, LTE doesn't affect battery life. Hmm... :dry

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Why does the iPhone 5 do better with LTE than on 3G? Weird...
    Nice find on that chart. 4 1/2 hours isn't terrible but isn't great either.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Nice find on that chart. 4 1/2 hours isn't terrible but isn't great either.
    Better than my Galaxy Nexus.
    Also, where was the maxx? Did you perhaps pull this chart off of a apple shill? Lol

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Also, where was the maxx? Did you perhaps pull this chart off of a apple school? Lol
    Bunch of charts. But no LOL

AnandTech - Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8X by HTC Preview
    I'm not sure what my trophy gets but I'm pretty sure it's shy of the 8x.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Looks like the lte version might be pretty crappy lol, I have a Vzw gs3 and keep lte turned off and barely make it through a work day a lot of times

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Looks like the lte version might be pretty crappy lol, I have a Vzw gs3 and keep lte turned off and barely make it through a work day a lot of times

wow so seems like the 8X is going to suck with battery...

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    How does the iPhone 4S only do less than 5 hours of browsing and the iPhone 5 does over 8? That doesn't seem right.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Sure seems like it. Unless Verizon finds a way to sneak a bigger battery in lol.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    You'll have to charge it at the end of the day but its not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    How does the iPhone 4S only do less than 5 hours of browsing and the iPhone 5 does over 8? That doesn't seem right.
    That's what I'm wondering. I wonder if this is in a controlled environment. Weak signal strength is a battery eater so that could explain it.

I saw that chart earlier today and pretty much disregarded it...nothing adds up. The iPhone 5 on 3G gets around 4.3 hours...yet on LTE it nearly doubles to 8.1 hours? Huh?

BTW, I currently have an iPhone 4 on Verizon...the chart puts it's battery time near the bottom (3.68 hours). I do a TON of web browsing, email, text, talk, FB, etc...it will certainly go well beyond 3.68 hours before needing to charge.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    When I had about 4 hours hands on with the phones, I depleted about 45% of the battery. This was on LTE browsing the web, watching movie trailers, using a ton of location based features, setting up Kids Corner, etc. I cannot see battery life being an issue here. Engadget said it lasts a full day of regular usage no problem. I trust Engadget because their always pan out in real life. My Intuition is exactly how they described it. Same with my Razr, Rezound, Curve 9370, and every other phone I've carried.
    Thanked by:
    thed 

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    When I had about 4 hours hands on with the phones, I depleted about 45% of the battery. This was on LTE browsing the web, watching movie trailers, using a ton of location based features, setting up Kids Corner, etc. I cannot see battery life being an issue here. Engadget said it lasts a full day of regular usage no problem. I trust Engadget because their always pan out in real life. My Intuition is exactly how they described it. Same with my Razr, Rezound, Curve 9370, and every other phone I've carried.
    How did u like the 8x?? I'm coming from a gs3. Wanting to swap to it

I just did my own 1-hour web browsing test with my iPhone 4. I charged it to 100% and began web browsing, Facebooking and watched 2, 10-minute YouTube videos. I had 88% capacity after 1-hour. At this rate I could go over 8 consecutive hours.

That chart is bogus.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    How did u like the 8x?? I'm coming from a gs3. Wanting to swap to it

In my opinion it's the best launch WP8 device.

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    Is that 4 hours of pretty much continuous use? If so then that's good news. I'm not too worried about the battery life.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast