Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spiff_p239

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Seeing as how I will definitely be getting the 8X, I may have to check this out. It would be nice to reduce the wear and tear on the USB port a little and not have to fumble around with cables.
    pmhgeneral likes this.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Cool!

I didn't care too much for the wireless charging of the 920 - kind of gimmicky. But it was a feature that 8X didn't have.

Now all we need are more lenses for the 8X that match city lens, and the phones are nearly identical...

Global Posts
    1,655 Global Posts
    So there are going to be two models.. one with wireless and one without?

Wow, this kinda came out of nowhere now didn't it? I hope it is using the same Qi standard as the Lumias.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by db4williams View Post
    Wow, this kinda came out of nowhere now didn't it? I hope it is using the same Qi standard as the Lumias.
    It should be, as Verizon has been selling Qi-compatible accessories for a while now.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK-093 View Post
    So there are going to be two models.. one with wireless and one without?
    sounds extremely stupid, but yes it appears to be that way.

Ugh... t-mobile always getting shafted one way or another

Actually, it doesn't sound like Verizon will offer 2 models...it sounds like wireless charging capabilities will simply be built into the Verizon 8X's.

My concerns are, 1.) will this add significant weight to the device? 2.) will this affect the battery size/performance?

Can anybody answer these questions?

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That would be just like Verizon to shaft us on the battery size and force them to put in wireless charging

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    Actually, it doesn't sound like Verizon will offer 2 models...it sounds like wireless charging capabilities will simply be built into the Verizon 8X's.

My concerns are, 1.) will this add significant weight to the device? 2.) will this affect the battery size/performance?

Can anybody answer these questions?
    The article states that there will be no increased thickness to the device -I personally wouldn't think the wireless charging module/chip would be substantial enough to change the weight of the device or cause them to shrink down the battery. but I'm no expert so I can't say for sure :\

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Reviews have suggested that battery life isn't amazing on the HSPA+ model. I wouldn't be surprised if the LTE model had issues as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    The article states that there will be no increased thickness to the device -I personally wouldn't think the wireless charging module/chip would be substantial enough to change the weight of the device or cause them to shrink down the battery. but I'm no expert so I can't say for sure :\
    wireless charging doesn't add weight.

Ooh, that's cool. I guess I should start looking at Qi charging pads to see if there are any decent looking ones that cost less than Nokia's. The Duracell ones are priced right, but are really plain.

So how many of you also read the thread title in Prof. Hubert Farnsworth's voice?