Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

It supposedly uses a slightly smaller 4.65" screen, so it shouldn't be impacted by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    It supposedly uses a slightly smaller 4.65" screen, so it shouldn't be impacted by that.
    That could even be a reason why Verizon went with a different screen size. Just postulating here, but they may have realized the GS3 would cannibalize production of the ATIV S. I know they think about this type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    That could even be a reason why Verizon went with a different screen size. Just postulating here, but they may have realized the GS3 would cannibalize production of the ATIV S. I know they think about this type of stuff.
    MacPhisto, do you have any idea what the Odyssey will actually look like? Hopefully nothing like the leaked images back in October (which I understand are actually the Marco?).

Verizon's really trying to suck me in. Just got an email. the 822 is now $49.99 on contract, and I have a $50 new every two.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    So yeah I am currently suffering with a TP2 in which the screen doesn't always work. Right now I am using My mobile to see the display. I thought the rumors had it for this week for VZW to announce the Odyssey? I just need to see if its a high end phone or not (then I go with HTC 8X).

My LG EnV2 is dying and I really need to see what the Odyssey looks like. Hurry the **** up Samsung/Verizon

My last two TP2 came from eBay. I keep a spare normally, but now I am waiting.

Has anyone checked a store to see if there is any new info or anything on this today? I'd prefer this phone, but next week is my deadline, so if it's not out by then I'm going back to an 8X.

I may stop by tonight, but I have heard zero and I am in the same boat as you.

I'd like to get this phone too (assuming it's a good one), but I'm thinking it won't come till January at this point, though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but usually all the "holiday" phones are out by now, and at this point they are focusing on sales until after Christmas is over. Launching a new device this close to Christmas doesn't make a lot of sense.

Still absolutely nothing on this... I was really hoping this week at the latest.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Same. Even if I hear a firm release date announced this week I would be happy. Not knowing is the worse!
    Ditto to both statements (the amazement for lack of info and wanting some kind of release date estimate). I'm eager to get one. I feel like a junkie as I check around for news on this everyday. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by segadc View Post
    Same. Even if I hear a firm release date announced this week I would be happy. Not knowing is the worse!
    It's not firm because Samsung has not provided a firm date for delivery to Verizon and they have been focused on delivering GS3's for the Christmas season.

I am stuck with Verizon for work, but really want a hero device. I may just go with a 822 if nothing comes by the end of the month.

The way things are playing out for the ATIV Odyssey is very reminiscent of what happened when my Omnia II came out...rumors and delays and then finally it came out way after the fact. I'm still running my Omnia 2 until things settle. I was zeroed in on the 920 but didn't want to switch carriers and the 822 is very interesting but I'll hold out a little longer possibly.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Samsung is taking FOREVER with their phones. I heard about the HTC phone (later ended up being the 8X) in like May of 2012. Then in September is when a higher up told me about the prepaid Marco. At least HTC delivered within the same month as launch. Sheesh.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    As no other US Carrier is even rumored to pick up a Samsung WP, the Odyssey is a very interesting device for those of us with a Focus series WP7. Very interested to see what it brings.

Hope we get a firm guess (see what I did there? No reason to set the bar too high for Big Red and Sammy) sometime in the first week of the new Year.
    Confidence: That amazing feeling of motivation you have just before real life shows up....

Balmer said it'd be released in December. It's January now lol
    aubreyq likes this.

IMO Samsung releasing Windows Phones is just them hedging their bets. They are full steam ahead Android (and now starting Tizen), so I would not expect any priority given to WP no matter what they say. For the same reasons, I would not expect anything innovative in a Samsung phone like Nokia has offered us.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The less OEMs the better. I wish HTC can bring specs like the Droid DNA to WP8, minus the 16gb stuff.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

4" 800x480 Amoled Screen
    1 GB RAM
    8 GB Internal with SD slot
    2100mAh battery
    no wireless charging

Samsung had an opportunity to really knock one out of the park and extend their Android dominance into a new ecosystem. Something like a Note 2, running WP8, would have been HUGE for WP. Instead we get this... sigh

That's the specs for the low end Macro... (it better be)!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Booston View Post
    That's the specs for the low end Macro... (it better be)!
    Nope, check the front page. Just a mid-range device with no differentiating features except for maybe the 2100mah battery. Even then, I'd take the 822 over the Odyssey any day of the week just knowing how well built Nokia devices are and how plasticky Samsung devices are.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The Odyssey isn't even going to be a good mid range phone, that's sad. I'd say it is competitive with the 620/8s in that it has the faster CPU and more RAM but the build and design are terrible. At entry level you're probably going to get more people looking at those 2 things than CPU/RAM. This phone is going to be a bust.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast