Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Disappointing to say the least. Why the Lumia and 8x don't have expandable storage is beyond me. Makes the Ativ the only viable option for me.

If the Verizon 8X has 32GB storage them I'll get it with no reservations. If it is just 16GB like all the other versions then I'll be seriously considering the Ativ S, providing it comes to Verizon.
    I just filled up my 16GB Trophy again yesterday. This happens about once a month and I have to go digging through my phone to find things to delete so I have more space again.

"Why isn't there a 32 GB for the HTC 8X? "

Answer = Because HTC owns the SSD factorys as well...

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    If the Verizon 8X has 32GB storage them I'll get it with no reservations. If it is just 16GB like all the other versions then I'll be seriously considering the Ativ S, providing it comes to Verizon.
    I just filled up my 16GB Trophy again yesterday. This happens about once a month and I have to go digging through my phone to find things to delete so I have more space again.
    uh.. the Trophy is an 8GB device..

Global Posts
    1,652 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    uh.. the Trophy is an 8GB device..
    No, it isn't.

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK-093 View Post
    No, it isn't.
    Thats what HTC's site says? http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-7-trophy/#specs

Edit: just checked out my phone. It is 16... guess only Verizon has 16?

DOUBLE EDIT!!!!: nvm i guess there is a difference between the 7 Trophy and Verizon Trophy

Global Posts
    1,652 Global Posts
    Yeah, it was a nice surprise when the Verizon one came with 16GB... helped with having to wait for a device... a little...

The 8X looks nice and has decent specs but, having only 16GB pretty much guaranteed that it was off the list for consideration by me. 16GB may be fine for some and, if so then the 8X is definitely worth considering but, personally 32GB and/or expandable storage is a definite requirement for me on my next WP.

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CamiKitti View Post
    I'm near to full with this 16 GB phone I have. I might as well get a Nokia Lumia... Not that I don't like Nokia, I was just looking forward to getting this phone. :\
    because cloud storage is the future... although some people dont want to have an internet connection to access data, it is the future... 32gb is kind of over kill. i have 1000 songs and tons of apps with room to spare on a 16gb. plus 25gb free skydrive space, what more does one need?
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    because cloud storage is the future... although some people dont want to have an internet connection to access data, it is the future... 32gb is kind of over kill. i have 1000 songs and tons of apps with room to spare on a 16gb. plus 25gb free skydrive space, what more does one need?
    +Data plan police would disagree
    +People who live in low signal area may have issues also

We don't know if HD app are cloud enabled so the new apps may consume more gigs than 7.5 apps...We know that app settings can

What's enough gb? At best it's subjective...like making an absolute statement that a 1000sq feet house is too big for all families

Well, I'm a music junkie. I keep having to delete apps and pictures for everything to fit. I have a very limited data plan so I can't always use Pandora apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    I have approximately 8gb of music on my phone, that's being very very picky about what I choose. Yes, I listen to it on a regular basis and no streaming isn't a valid alternative. Even if I didn't have data limits it wouldn't work as many of the places I listen to music have terrible to no coverage. I pretty much have to delete any video I take as soon as it's copied to my PC. So yeah, I really want 32gb+ memory.
    I normally would complain about the 16GB, but then I got a 16GB Trophy and still have yet to use all the storage. The apps are tiny and I have plenty of music on it - it just means I have to be more selective in what I load for certain things.

I've thought about upgrading Skydrive just so I can put all my music in the cloud so I can pull down whatever I need at a WiFi hotspot.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The HTC is the device for those of us on modern 4G networks without relic concepts like data caps. We T-Mos have virtually unlimited cloud storage, without caps and restrictions, so we don't need the obsolete local storage that AT&T and Verizon users must suffer with as a crutch imposed by the limitations of their inferior networks. ;)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I hope HTC and T Mobile are paying you for all the stuff you've been spouting lately. If not they should put you on the payroll.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I am just a happy customer. It pains me to see my fellow people paying higher prices for worse services.

Local storage only matters when you've got a fire hose that shuts off when it fills a Dixie Cup (capped 4G). Remove the caps, and life rocks. Seriously, now that I don't have to track data usage, I'm doing so much more with my phone!
    Winterfang likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Glad to see you happy, everyone should be. But my son's experience with t mobile was anything but happy and will never be an option for our family again.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Your loss, I s'pose. I could never go back to teeny eyedroppers of rationed data at massive prices.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Not hurting at all, no loss here. With work discounts and coverage in a big city, things are just fine.

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    I don't see what the fuss is about the 8x having only 16gb of storage, it is afterall a mid to lower range wp8 device. Lower amount of storage, smaller screen, lower resolution, no real innovative features like wireless charging. Not to mention, the custom apps for HTC phones just aren't that great. It does have dr dre beats audio included, which should make the tennis ball yellow model appeal even more to it's target demographic of 15-17 year old girls though.

(sorry, just wanted to see what it's like to troll. pretty unfulfilling. I'm sure the mods will delete this post, which really is fine because I don't mean anything that I just said, I like the 8x just fine, i'm just trolling for reactions...)

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    HTC peeps don't get mad at trolls, since we're *confident!* :D

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The HTC is the device for those of us on modern 4G networks without relic concepts like data caps. We T-Mos have virtually unlimited cloud storage, without caps and restrictions, so we don't need the obsolete local storage that AT&T and Verizon users must suffer with as a crutch imposed by the limitations of their inferior networks. ;)
    "Limitations of their inferior networks"

That's why everyone is playing catch up with Verizon's LTE coverage, right? Because WiMax and HSPA + were so cool? I mean yeah T Mobile's plans are cheap but some people actually need coverage and silly stuff like that.

Sometimes I wonder if the way we consider device prices and mass memory together is something Apple has put in our heads because that's what they use in their price models. Mass memory is a relatively expensive component, but 200$ price difference between 16 GB and 64 GB? You've got to be kidding.

But anyhow, more is still better as it gives additional options available. I currently have a 16 GB device with unlimited data plan so I'm getting by fine, but there are times I'd hope to have more. This becomes true especially when travelling (in Europe) when you can't rely on your data plan. 16GB becomes somewhat cramped after you've downloaded offline maps and Spotify playlists ready for your trip, at least if you're planning to record some videos.
    a5cent likes this.

Actually, flash memory is super cheap right now. Going from a 16GB module to a 32GB module probably doesn't cost them more than $10, if that.
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    That's why everyone is playing catch up with Verizon's LTE coverage, right? Because WiMax and HSPA + were so cool? I mean yeah T Mobile's plans are cheap but some people actually need coverage and silly stuff like that.
    I get great coverage... and I can actually use the data network without worrying about running out of data within the second week of the month.

Sure, I don't get HSPA+ in the middle of the high desert in Death Valley... but I don't really travel there often, and I'm not willing to pay 3x the monthly tariff to get ridiculously low data caps that I have to drink through the EVDO sippy-straw. ;)

It just amazes me that many subscribers are willing to pay $250/month or more to get the same level of service that I pay about $62/month for.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast