Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Talked to my DM again today. He was creaming over the 8X. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    Nokia model will be at my training
    I've read it will be for a few on here. I'm guessing that he may be mistaken or just not realize it yet.

Or if it really isn't, then they have a separate training set up for Nokia at their store on a different date.

Either way, I'm a bit torn. HTC 8X seems nice but I need more space for Music & Pics. Im seriously debating going with the Nokia 822 for now but would have considered ATIV S if it came out at launch too.

Im in need of a new phone ASAP. I can always change down the road (sell whatever I buy) if 9xx or high end device comes out in Dec.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm pretty torn as well. My trophy is starting to act weird so I'm really wanting a new phone so I'm going back and forth over waiting or getting the 8x or the 822 or trying to hold out for a 9xx device. I guess it all comes down to going in and holding both phones and going from there

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Blue, red, black for the HTCs
    Black and white for 822.

The yellow models will come if the sales are there/might be online exclusive
    I really hope this isn't true.

The yellow is the only color I want. And it's pretty prominent on the HTC 8X page. I think that would be a dumb idea.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    There was a grey 822 listed on the Verizon roadmap that leaked a bit back.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Talked to my DM again today. He was creaming over the 8X. Lol
    I'm switching from iOS to the 8x - unless Verizon comes out with a suckerpunch phone on the announcement date.

Have you had hands on time with the 8x?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    8X is Godly. Like, holy ****. Most premium feeling phone I've ever held. Snappy, fast, and GORGEOUS screen. Camera was good enough for what most people will do.

822 is okay. Looks and feels a lot like the Samsung Droid Charge. Screen looks fantastic for having a low resolution. Very thick and plasticy.

I am in love with the 8X though. Will be ordering on launch day.

VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and NFL Mobile come preinstalled but are unstallable.
    Wait just a freaking minute. NFL mobile? That's freaking awesome. The trophy never had that.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    8X is Godly. Like, holy ****. Most premium feeling phone I've ever held. Snappy, fast, and GORGEOUS screen. Camera was good enough for what most people will do.

822 is okay. Looks and feels a lot like the Samsung Droid Charge. Screen looks fantastic for having a low resolution. Very thick and plasticy.

VZ Navigator, My Verizon Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and NFL Mobile come preinstalled but are unstallable.
    What colors did you see in person? Is the blue as purple as it looks in some of the photos I've seen or is it more royal blue than it looks? Fingerprint magnet? Thanks
    Last edited by derek533; 10-24-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks for all the info. I will hopefully be very happy on the 12. Can you bill to account from the web interface?

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    That's what I like to hear. I just wish the HTC had City Lens... I'm glad to hear this thing is nice, depending on what happens the 29th, the 8x has my vote.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts

any opinion on the 822's camera quality?

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

This makes me really excited about the 8X. I've overcome my initial disappointment that the 920 wouldn't be coming to Verizon and don't feel like I'm settling by getting the 8X based on my usage. Now I just have to figure out which color I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Wait just a freaking minute. NFL mobile? That's freaking awesome. The trophy never had that.
    This got me excited too. Really glad to see WP get some NFL mobile love.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    As much as the 8x is sounding like an awesome device I still can't get past all the Nokia apps. I'm really going to have to weigh everything out

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie5552 View Post
    As much as the 8x is sounding like an awesome device I still can't get past all the Nokia apps. I'm really going to have to weigh everything out
    Like us Verizon customers always have to do :(

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    any opinion on the 822's camera quality?
    They were identical as far as i could tell. But I'm not a camera person by any means. I'd say they were on par with my wifes S3

The 8X is very purpley. Indigo is the matching theme color.

Something i did notice is that the theme colors were different between the two phones. The Nokia had more than the 8X and they were much different. The 8X I had was the indigo. The 822 was white.
    A key here is NFL Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and Navigator. None are available for WP7 despite all being mainstays on other VZW devices, including feature phones.

Verizon is gung-ho about WP8. I'm expecting two more phones by mid-December to launch for WP8 on VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    A key here is NFL Mobile, Back Up Assistant, and Navigator. None are available for WP7 despite all being mainstays on other VZW devices, including feature phones.

Verizon is gung-ho about WP8. I'm expecting two more phones by mid-December to launch for WP8 on VZW.

I hope you are right my friend, I hope you're right...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post

I'm guessing those phones are the Samsung ATIV and HTC 8S?

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    I'm guessing those phones are the Samsung ATIV and HTC 8S?
    hahaha!. More then likely what we will get. Most people tend to be more optimistic though

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    hahaha!. More then likely what we will get. Most people tend to be more optimistic though
    The 8S is a sure thing (no yellow option that guy either) but the Ativ S isn't something I'd count on. I heard that our next prepaid smartphone was going to be a 4G Samsung WP8. The Ativ S is way too high end to sell for $150-$200 on prepaid service.

Verizon isn't giving WP8 special treatment though. They're still pushing how important it is to match the right device with the right customer. I would only expect the 8X and 822 to get big announcements the other phones will probably roll out business as usual like how the Intuition or the Lucid or the Incredible 4G just kind of were available one day.

I thought that VZW was going to push wp8 as hard as droid right?

So is the Verizon 8X 16GB? That's the only question I have that I haven't seen the answer to anywhere.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    So is the Verizon 8X 16GB? That's the only question I have that I haven't seen the answer to anywhere.
    Yeah. Its 16GB with about 11 left after the OS, Verizons demo content, demo pictures and vidoes, etc. Id guess about 13 available to the user on the retail models
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast