Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
    WHAT? Seriously? Everytime I think that Verizon finally gets it, I hear something like this. Arrugh..
    is this actually an issue? I group text all the time on my 8X and it works infinitely better than on an Android phone.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    is this actually an issue? I group text all the time on my 8X and it works infinitely better than on an Android phone.
    But it doesn't keep all the replies in one place, right? And then the conversation gets broken up into different one on one threads.

I guess not everyone uses this feature. I don't even use it that much, but I know that some people do. For me, it's the principle of it more than anything. I really don't care if it's still better than Android. It's a feature that worked perfectly on WP7.5, but Verizon saw fit to disable it on WP8 for no good reason. It's aggravating that they have control over OS features like this. What else do they have control over? Can they disable anything just because they feel like it?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Its Verizon so honestly we could probably change whatever we want and Microsoft would deal with it because we're throwing a stupid amount of resources at the platform.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

@Honestabebread - Windows phone needs support from Verizon. Hoping for an awesome Verizon-exclusive Nokia device in early 2013. I know everyone hates carrier exclusives, but I think that if Verizon had a 922, 930 or similar with some cool tech that they'd push it harder than if they just got the same device as Nokia. Do you agree?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    @Honestabebread - Windows phone needs support from Verizon. Hoping for an awesome Verizon-exclusive Nokia device in early 2013. I know everyone hates carrier exclusives, but I think that if Verizon had a 922, 930 or similar with some cool tech that they'd push it harder than if they just got the same device as Nokia. Do you agree?
    Verizon is really pushing WP8 even if you don't feel it walking into a retail store. The phones are everywhere internally, have literally been forced on the management team (all store managers have 822s and all district managers have 8Xs) to break the superstition, and there HAS to be a minimum of 4 sales reps carrying Windows phones in the stores now. Its a big deal.

My old store manager made fun of me all the time for carrying a Trophy and was pissed when they handed her a Lumia. Now she loves it and doesn't miss her iPhone a bit. My old DM says his 8X is "alright" but he's a massive Apple fanboi so its still progress.

The overall internal rresponse has been tremendous but its a work in progress. Especially training the Alltel employees that Windows Phone does not = the Moto Q9C
    RSM for VZW
    Now THIS is what I've been waiting to hear!!!

From the article in the Verge:
    Elop said that he is pleased that Nokia has restarted its "relationship with Verizon," adding that the Finnish manufacturer is "planning a lot of exciting things with Verizon as well."

http://vrge.co/ZfuQHc
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Its Verizon so honestly we could probably change whatever we want and Microsoft would deal with it because we're throwing a stupid amount of resources at the platform.
    It's nice that Verizon is supporting WP, but the amount of control that they can exert isn't exactly inspiring from a consumer standpoint.

Verizon is really pushing WP8 even if you don't feel it walking into a retail store. The phones are everywhere internally, have literally been forced on the management team (all store managers have 822s and all district managers have 8Xs) to break the superstition, and there HAS to be a minimum of 4 sales reps carrying Windows phones in the stores now. Its a big deal.

My old store manager made fun of me all the time for carrying a Trophy and was pissed when they handed her a Lumia. Now she loves it and doesn't miss her iPhone a bit. My old DM says his 8X is "alright" but he's a massive Apple fanboi so its still progress.

The overall internal rresponse has been tremendous but its a work in progress. Especially training the Alltel employees that Windows Phone does not = the Moto Q9C
    I am glad they are pushing it, hopefully there is a higher-end Lumia in the new year. Nokia have been on a tear with app updates lately and have built quite the app collection that's surely just going to grow.

It pays to remember for all of us that this is a LONG TERM fight. Android was not great when VZW first picked it up and certainly when others did too. It's still not great, IMO, but momentum built over time.

People aren't going to run out and buy a WP8 device immediately, not en masse. But the year over year increase and awareness is huge. More people are aware of the platform and as more people get them, more will be interested and consider them for their next phone.

MS hasn't perfected things either. They need better syncing tools and to improve things on the OS itself, but the core is exceptional and the core userbase is larger than it has ever been.

Having VZW as a partner in the US is huge because they are far more into it than they were when the Trophy launched. That was an afterthought. This is not - as you can tell from the VZW logo embedded in the WP8 start screen.

My biggest concern right now is that HTC may not be entirely happy because I doubt the 8X is selling well in comparison to the 810, 820, 822, and 920. Nokia did a good job delivering value while HTC designed a very nice phone, but how many people will buy them at that price with only 16GB and no expandability? I know that the 822 at $49.99 is far more appealing - so that's what I bought.

The gray is stunning, btw. ;)

I'm not sure how HTC expected anything else. They are hedging their bets with Android and Windows Phone. They are on Verizon, AT&T and T-MO. They are the 2nd choice wherever they exist. They need to take a risk, the 8X is a great product, but too expensive. I think they'll drop the price of the 8X VERY soon (likely after Christmas), they really should have launched it at $99.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    With all the crappy rumors about VZ sh!t canning the WP8 launch, your post is quite welcoming.

... Especially training the Alltel employees that Windows Phone does not = the Moto Q9C
    That was a great phone! :)

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'd love to agree with you, but I can't. That phone gave me nightmares when I was a sales rep. I literally hate WebOS, Windows Mobile, and BB6/7. So many confused and unhappy customers. Android and iOS are starting to go that way as well. In my opinion BB10 and WP8 will become the major players here in a few years.
    RSM for VZW
    See.... I liked Windows Mobile, but I'm a geek, and I always viewed that as a geek's phone, not a consumer device. As a systems admin at the time, it was great for me, as I could write little apps and stick on it to monitor my systems, WELL before there was ever such thing as an iPhone (iWHAT???). But no way would I have ever recommended that to a plain old consumer.
    - Rich

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I submitted this to WP Central but I guess they don't check their tips very often. Verizon 822 is now 100% free with a contract (no rebate at all) and the 8X is $100 after a $50 rebate, or just straight up $100 online.

If you bought your phone November 23rd or later, your worry free guarantee doesn't run out till January 15th so you should be able to get the price matched if you paid $100 or $50 for the 822.
    RSM for VZW
    Thanked by:
    kyderr 
    kyderr likes this.

This is not helping me wait for the Samsung.

I really wish they'd show us the damn phone already. Come on Samsung

Where is the update(portico) for Verizon

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim3804 View Post
    Where is the update(portico) for Verizon
    I'm hoping for it soon. Declining a call with a text is something I did NONSTOP with my Droids. I'm Jonesing for that big time .
    RSM for VZW
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    lol so glad I have my 8x. I actually waited for the Oddyssey till dec 7th until I decided to go with the 8x. So happy with my decision or else I would be still waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    It's nice that Verizon is supporting WP, but the amount of control that they can exert isn't exactly inspiring from a consumer standpoint.
    indeed, if they don't add this feature in a few months i think i'm going to jump ship and return to the death star..

I bothered them on Twitter about it again. Same response, no info. They provided a link to an unrelated page on their website. Not sure what the point of Twitter reps is when they not only know nothing but direct you to the wrong place for more information.

This is a little OT but found in interesting. I keep an eye on the reviews of all the devices, but hadn't checked verizonwireless.com in a few days. I don't remember exact numbers, but the Lumia 822 went from having 160 or so reviews to having 217. The HTC 8X went from having what seemed like 70, up to 173. Is this an explosion in popularity with the price drops and front-page (website) advertising for the 8X? Or is this just the review numbers being wrong and catching up. I think a lot of the 'reviews' though were just a rating with no text.

I get the feeling that the price drop is helping these devices sell. I hope its a sign of Verizon or Microsoft pushing WP8 and not just an inventory dump; I think it's the former.

HTC now have the Droid DNA and the 8X as on Verizon that are seemingly both doing well. What's really interesting is the iphone is really nowhere to be seen. I am sure it's selling gangbusters, but still interesting.
    Last edited by dogfish54; 01-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    No worries - they're not dumping inventory like that just 45 or so days after release... They're pushing the product.
    - Rich

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Verizon loves the idea of Windows Phone. Most stores in my districts have 3 Windows Phones and a Surface out in the front of the store. The iPhones are all the way in the back facing the wall and the only one on display is the 5 because its LTE.
    RSM for VZW