Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Here's the article. It is only a rumor, but since Verizon has not announced any devices yet, it makes sense.

Daily Mobile Exclusive! WP8 Phones Could be Delayed or Even Canceled On Verizon | Daily Mobile
    Old news that was debunked.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Old news that was debunked.

This story popped up yesterday. Where has it been debunked?
    It was debunked in a thread which was locked

http://forums.wpcentral.com/upcoming...ces/198992.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by PDCH View Post
    This story popped up yesterday. Where has it been debunked?
    A friend of mine has hands on wp8 training next Friday. Pretty sure it's not just for schits n giggles.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heron_Kusanagi View Post

Cool, thanks. At least now I know why my search didn't pull it up. I DID search before posting.
    snowmutt likes this.
    This fake news is probably just for hits. But hey, what do I know.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    They should have got some kid to tweet the story. WPCentral would have been more likely to believe it then apparently.
    "can't provision wp8". Lol wtf
    BlackWindow8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PDCH View Post
    Here's the article. It is only a rumor, but since Verizon has not announced any devices yet, it makes sense.

Daily Mobile Exclusive! WP8 Phones Could be Delayed or Even Canceled On Verizon | Daily Mobile

Guys listen up I wrote the post and my source wanted to be unnamed because he likes his job at Samsung and really doesn't want to lose it just so I can have a post. Nor do I want to lose him as a source.

I have received more than a few valid "tips" from him in the past couple of years and he has never steered me wrong. I have received carrier info (manly ATT) and lots of good inside info on the worlds 2nd largest phone maker too from him.

Almost EVERY source does not want to be named in post so just to sweep it to the side because I don't want to out my source seems to be short sided at best. I really didn't want this to be true since even a delay would hurt Nokia greatly however I just report what I know. How about we just watch what happens and than we can judge if my source is good or not? ;)
    I guess we shall see. My friends training is definitely still on so most likely it's a small setback if anything. If something drastic happens I guess I'm off to sprint and the gs3.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts

ROFL.

And now Daniel "I Should Work For TMZ" Rubino posts it on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    ROFL.

And now Daniel "I Should Work For TMZ" Rubino posts it on the front page.
    when it's a single, un-verified, un-proven source then it's not going to have much credibility here (rightfully so), when additional confirmation comes in then the situation has changed and so they put it up as possible. are you really trying to make this site's handling of this anything more than it is? and if so, why?

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    As a former Daily Mobile frequenter, I would argue that it is a reliable source. It was one of the most popular Symbian forums, before Symbian got the shaft and activity died, of course.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Keep in mind that CDMA is a bit of a nightmare to manage.

But I don't believe it's "impossible" to create a CDMA WP8 device, for the simple reason that there are plenty of CDMA WP7 devices.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    I was reading in another forum that there were similar issues with the HTC Trophy that delayed it's launch. I am wondering if this is a just a rehash of an old rumor and it will remain as such. It is possible though that Microsoft would make the same mistake twice.

I am just trying to be patient and wait until at least the 21st when pre orders go live, Verizon tends to announce phones on their 1st day of pre-orders or the day of availability if no pre orders exist so that sounds like a good point in time to begin to worry. If if the WP8 announcement passes with mum about Verizon I will then begin to really worry and start making plans to move to AT&T. It's not lack of a certain phone that would make me switch, but no WP8 at all would do it. If I was on Sprint I would already be lining everything up to switch to AT&T on launch day, only because Verizon is holding their breath.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    I was reading in another forum that there were similar issues with the HTC Trophy that delayed it's launch. I am wondering if this is a just a rehash of an old rumor and it will remain as such. It is possible though that Microsoft would make the same mistake twice.

I am just trying to be patient and wait until at least the 21st when pre orders go live, Verizon tends to announce phones on their 1st day of pre-orders or the day of availability if no pre orders exist so that sounds like a good point in time to begin to worry. If if the WP8 announcement passes with mum about Verizon I will then begin to really worry and start making plans to move to AT&T. It's not lack of a certain phone that would make me switch, but no WP8 at all would do it. If I was on Sprint I would already be lining everything up to switch to AT&T on launch day, only because Verizon is holding their breath.

That pretty much describes where I'm at.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Its funny people said it was debunked. Yet it appears on the front page. What make someone from WPC sources more credible that others.

I hear the problem is over the "CarrierIQ" type software that Verizon wants to install.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    I just find it weird that Verizon employees are going through hands on wp8 training next week. Why dump money into something that isn't happening?

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    What I find odd and why I don't believe it. It's almost release time. Surely they would have known about this for a while.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    What I find odd and why I don't believe it. It's almost release time. Surely they would have known about this for a while.
    Exactly. Maybe 2 months ago this is probable. Maybe one month ago this is believable. But now? No way.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo132 View Post
    Exactly. Maybe 2 months ago this is probable. Maybe one month ago this is believable. But now? No way.
    It is also possible that it has been an ongoing problem and the leak just now sprung. With them sending employees to a training conference I don't believe it is true that they plan on dumping it.
    Considering the fact that CDMA phones are being made for the Chinese market, I will say that it's not realistic for this rumor to be true. Unless Verizon does something that other CDMA carriers don't do.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I don't believe this rumor for a few reasons.

1) There's several reports of VZW WP8 training beginning shortly.
    2) Joe Belfiore has a Verizon HTC 8X by his own admission. He likely wouldn't have mentioned that if there were actually such grave issues potentially holding up its launch.
    3) Most importantly, if this were true, it would be *huge* news; big enough that The Verge or Engadget would likely know about and run with it.

We're a little over a week from the launch of something that has been in the works for months and months. There's no way something of this magnitude is just popping up now.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,760 Global Posts
    Considering the fact that CDMA phones are being made for the Chinese market, I will say that it's not realistic for this rumor to be true. Unless Verizon does something that other CDMA carriers don't do.
    CDMA phones in Asia have a CDMA SIM type card for switching carriers, like GSM phones.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast