Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Reflexx
  • 2 Post By jdevenberg
  1. squire777's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,138 Posts
       #1  
    Samsung has a product launch event coming up on October 11th and all signs are currently pointing to them releasing a smaller, redesigned Galaxy S3 in a variety of colours.

    I've been thinking that other than their ATIV S announcement, Samsung has been overly quiet about their WP8 offerings. So does anyone else here think there might be a chance that they show off anything related to WP8 at this event?

    I know it's rare that a company would show off devices for multiple platforms so it probably seems unlikely.
  2. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,941 Posts
    #2  
    If they give 5 minutes to the Ativ S that will be twice as much time they gave the Ativ S during the actual Ativ S product announcement.
  3. Simon Tupper's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    775 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    If they give 5 minutes to the Ativ S that will be twice as much time they gave the Ativ S during the actual Ativ S product announcement.
    They have a whole line of windows powered devices to present, they might give it more time than you think
  4. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #4  
    Why would samsung dedicate more than 5 minutes to their devices? All Windows Phone have the same software and the hardware will be the same Samsung Android Hardware.
  5. #5  
    Unlikely. Samsung's attention on the Galaxy range, and the fact is, S3 Mini will get most of the ad dollars to capitalize on the iPhone misstep.
  6. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    They have a whole line of windows powered devices to present, they might give it more time than you think
    Are you referring to their tablet line and the Ativ S, or are you implying that you believe they will announce additional Windows Phone 8 devices?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Are you referring to their tablet line and the Ativ S, or are you implying that you believe they will announce additional Windows Phone 8 devices?
    No, right now there will be no WP's released by Sammy other then the ATIV. I think Simon was referring to their tablet line which Samsung will promote.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne
  8. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Why would samsung dedicate more than 5 minutes to their devices? All Windows Phone have the same software and the hardware will be the same Samsung Android Hardware.
    But the S3 has a quad core , windows phones have a dual core processor.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
  9. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    But the S3 has a quad core , windows phones have a dual core processor.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    The US version of the GSIII (and any other country where it supports LTE) use the same S4 chip that will be in all WP8 devices.
    Villain and brmiller1976 like this.
  10. #10  
    I should add that if Samsung surprises us all with a Samsung ATIV S Mini, it will be great for the ecosystem as despite how I feel about Samsung support wise, they do have the brand power to get ATIV going, especially if they can tout better integration with the ATIV tablets and the desktops.
  11. Mitlov's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    390 Posts
    #11  
    Samsung is by far the biggest and most successful Android manufacturer. They're not going to cannibalize that by putting a heavy emphasis on WP8 phones, even if they have Windows 8 tablets and laptops with a similar name. It's just bad business to undermine your #1 successful product.

    Frankly, I'm surprised that Samsung is selling a WP8 device at all given what a smashing success the Galaxy line is for them right now.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.
  12. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    But the S3 has a quad core , windows phones have a dual core processor.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    The ATIV is identical specs wise to the American GS3. The Note II will have Quad-core LTE.
  13. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    Samsung is by far the biggest and most successful Android manufacturer. They're not going to cannibalize that by putting a heavy emphasis on WP8 phones, even if they have Windows 8 tablets and laptops with a similar name. It's just bad business to undermine your #1 successful product.

    Frankly, I'm surprised that Samsung is selling a WP8 device at all given what a smashing success the Galaxy line is for them right now.
    Samsung will sell whatever customers want to buy. With Apple's patent trolling against Android getting traction, there is no reason for them not to sell ATIV series devices. They have no loyalty to any ecosystem... just to whatever products will sell well.
  14. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,597 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Samsung will sell whatever customers want to buy. With Apple's patent trolling against Android getting traction, there is no reason for them not to sell ATIV series devices. They have no loyalty to any ecosystem... just to whatever products will sell well.
    I do think the Ativ S will sell well. because they can use the S3's success on the Ativ S
  15. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    dude we don't care about those Android phones you keep mentioning. OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I do think the Ativ S will sell well. because they can use the S3's success on the Ativ S
    Okay, first of all, his mention of the gsiii and more to were completely relevant tI the thread. Then, one post after getting all **** hurt about him mentioning Android phones, you start talking about the same exact phone.
  16. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,597 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Okay, first of all, his mention of the gsiii and more to were completely relevant tI the thread. Then, one post after getting all **** hurt about him mentioning Android phones, you start talking about the same exact phone.
    good point
  17. cedarlog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    386 Posts
    #17  
    they should announce mid range and low end devices for wp8

Posting Permissions

B