Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    I hope not, as we want as bigger range of hardware available as possible on launch day, though I will also admit that they might have a case as they are quite similar
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    If Nokia stops the release of the 8X, I will either get an ATIV or switch to Android. I am very tired of this nonsense.
    Thanked by:
    jabtano and Andrewtmajor like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    If Nokia stops the release of the 8X, I will either get an ATIV or switch to Android. I am very tired of this nonsense.
    I agree it's getting crazy, but Android phones are also a target off all these lawsuits. It's like you can't get away from it.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    cckgz4 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I can choose to refuse to support patent trolls with my money, however.
    Thanked by:
    Yep. If this is true Nokia will be dead to me.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,143 Global Posts
    No they can't. HTC is MS protected. and you cannot sue another Wp OEM. besides MS will not let them. since MS also made it with HTC. Nokia is not going to mess up MS's plan.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Any chance that WPCentral can get an official confirmation or denial from Nokia HQ?

I have to say I'm skeptical about this. I have a hard time believing that MS would appreciate a flap like this.

And I would hope that Nokia understands that their biggest problem is getting people to adopt the OS, not worrying about competing WP models.
    snowmutt and 11B1P like this.

Global Posts
    2,469 Global Posts
    really, so all of you people support IP theft? Then PLEASE go to Android where you will be welcomed with open arms by thieves.

HTC aped Nokia's designs and they know it. The fact that Microsoft aided in this is a slap to the face of Nokia and their partnership. Nokia got married to MS and the OS and then MS turned around and got a ***** to dress up as Nokia....plain and simple.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I hope this isn't true. It would be nice to have as many options as possible out there. Somehow I don't see MS being on board with this. Hopefully it's just as sound byte to keep WP phone in the news during i5 sales.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    I don't see where they copied the 820.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I am going to wait until there is confirmation before sharing further views on the matter. I do know that if it is true, MS needs to step in NOW.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised as HTC has clearly taken inspiration on Nokia's various WP handsets.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    Residing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    really, so all of you people support IP theft? Then PLEASE go to Android where you will be welcomed with open arms by thieves.

HTC aped Nokia's designs and they know it. The fact that Microsoft aided in this is a slap to the face of Nokia and their partnership. Nokia got married to MS and the OS and then MS turned around and got a ***** to dress up as Nokia....plain and simple.
    Please. In what world does this:

Look like a copy of this:

Unless you think Nokia should be able to patent colors, this is crazy.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Agreed! Could this just be a leaked rumor to get Nokia's name in the public, right after iPhone 5 release?

My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

B*ll*cks if you ask me.

Other than colours, theres almost nothing that's worthy of note.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    The colors aren't even the same

A silly rumor with nothing substantial behind it.
    theefman likes this.

I don't think this is true.

Global Posts
    2,351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    A silly rumor with nothing substantial behind it.
    But I saw it on the internet, its fact!
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I am going to wait until there is confirmation before sharing further views on the matter. I do know that if it is true, MS needs to step in NOW.
    Yup, it's just an unconfirmed rumor. I only see it posted on one site.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    If they can prove it will lead to customer confusion, they'd have a case. IMO, the average customer will be confused.

Residing and diaspar like this.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    If they can prove it will lead to customer confusion, they'd have a case. IMO, the average customer will be confused.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    Really you think they would be confused by the different back, the different colored earpiece the different curve around the front of the device and the name HTC on one and Nokia on the other, camera in a different spot. There was my quick 5 differences picture contest.

Honestly, to me it is a "candy bar, touchscreen phone with colors" would be about all they could claim.
    Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk.

I bet it's a false rumor started by anti-Nokia folks.

If Nokia does sue over brightly-colored polycarbonate, I won't buy a Nokia phone. I do think the HTC 8X is a little derivative, but not the sort of derivative that should be sued over. This is just like Infiniti and other car makers adopting a BMW-esque Hofmeister kink. Derivative but not lawsuit-worthy.

Also, saying the 8X was based specifically off the Lumia 820 (as opposed to other Nokia phones) is baffling. The 8X was revealed two weeks after the Lumia 820 was revealed. Unless you believe that that the 8X was created in two weeks, that argument is bogus.

I think the Lumia 900, not the 920 or 820, "inspired" HTC's bold new design direction.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.
    cckgz4 likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast