Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

No!! would like a top of the line 3.8in phone, I find the 4.8 and 4.5 phones to be way too big for a every day work phone, they are to big to have in your pocket and for my work the 3.8 is just the right size to fit and doesn't get in the way. I bout a 920 but found it too big so have gone back to using my lumia 800
    tissotti and boovish like this.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark nt View Post
    No!! would like a top of the line 3.8in phone, I find the 4.8 and 4.5 phones to be way too big for a every day work phone, they are to big to have in your pocket and for my work the 3.8 is just the right size to fit and doesn't get in the way. I bout a 920 but found it too big so have gone back to using my lumia 800
    Agree, it's supposed to be a "mobile" phone but for me some of these devices are becoming cumbersome. Heavy, in your pocket, which you get used to, dig into you when you sit down, which you don't get used to. The 800 & 820 are fine, any bigger is a bit to ungainly for my liking.

I thought this was a joke but I realized the op was serious...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I have the ATIV So awesome 4.8" 720p just right in fact the new next display this year is 5" 1080p 441 PPI coming from 5 different companies.
    They could get away with the 5" on Galaxy S3/ATIV S phone edge to edge! That means the Galaxy S4/ATIV S2 should be the same size! 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE

No.

4.5 inches is about the maximum I can handle with one hand.

Nope!
    The 4.5 on my beautiful yellow 920 is just perfect :)
    Wouldn't want a 4.0, neither a 4.8
    And in addition to be the perfect size (for me), the screen are simply the best I've ever seen and used on a phone. Perfectly clear, extreme response, lighting fast, absolutely great in direct sunlight, a delight playing games on :)
    Thank you Nokia for giving me (wasn't cheap though, but worth it) my best ever mobile experience with a mind-blowing Lumia 920 :)
    "Musicians don't retire; they stop when there's no more music in them."
    - Louis Armstrong -
    boovish likes this.

Global Posts
    1,437 Global Posts
    Just wish there was less bezel.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Just wish there was less bezel.
    same here, they easily could've made the screen bigger without making the phone itself bigger
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphoon148 View Post
    Nope!
    The 4.5 on my beautiful yellow 920 is just perfect :)
    Wouldn't want a 4.0, neither a 4.8
    And in addition to be the perfect size (for me), the screen are simply the best I've ever seen and used on a phone. Perfectly clear, extreme response, lighting fast, absolutely great in direct sunlight, a delight playing games on :)
    Thank you Nokia for giving me (wasn't cheap though, but worth it) my best ever mobile experience with a mind-blowing Lumia 920 :)
    Ditto
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Ditto
    agreed!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I don't own a Nokia Lumia 920, do you people think they could fit a 4.7" 1080p display on that phone if it was bezel less? Edge to edge screen! They could keep the same size phone with a bigger display?

- Lumia 900 4.3" 800x480

- Lumia 920 4.5" 1280x768

- Lumia 940 4.7" 1920x1080 ?

Bezel less on the Galaxy S3/ATIV S could fit a 5" 1080p no problems, same size phone with a bigger display would make every buddy happy! 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    4.3 is perfect.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'm happy with 4.5" for the screen. Any bigger and I probably would have gone for the 820, tbh.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    NO. What is everyone's obsession with huge screens? I knew this would happen when samsung released the note

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    NO. What is everyone's obsession with huge screens? I knew this would happen when samsung released the note
    some of us have huge hands, that's why. Need a huge phone for a huge hand.

Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I have a 5" screen now and it's perfect. IMO 5" is the sweet spot.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    some of us have huge hands, that's why. Need a huge phone for a huge hand.
    I have a friend who can hold the original iPad in portrait mode with all four fingers on one side and his thumb on the other, yet he carries a Razr M so yeah.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    I have a friend who can hold the original iPad in portrait mode with all four fingers on one side and his thumb on the other, yet he carries a Razr M so yeah.
    and? Lol we aren't getting anywhere here, its all personal preference

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    4.7-4.8" seems to be the norm for flagship phones these days and the Lumia 920 has a 4.5" screen. Anybody think Nokia will come out with a bigger screen later? Possibly with 1280 X 768 resolution?
    The highest selling flagship iPhone 5 only 4 inches, Just a thought.
    Phones
    Lumia 920 Black - Lumia 820 White - HTC Mozart - Motorola EX119 - LG Optimus 2X - Sony Ericsson W705 - Sony Ericsson W910i - Sony Ericsson W550i - Nokia 3315

Others
    Karbonn Smart Tab - Cowon S9 - Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia - Audio Technica ATH-M50 - HEAD-DIRECT RE-ZERO - Klipsch S4
    I'm not disappointed because I really mark 'single-hand operation' as very important when buying phones. I find that the 4.5" screen on the Lumia 920 is already big that I can't really operate it properly with single hand. What more with a 4.8" screen? With big bezel to combine with? Not ideal for me...

As a result, that's why I went with the Lumia 620. I can operate the phone single-handedly without any issue and to me, 3.8" is already enough ;)
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekpandey View Post
    The highest selling flagship iPhone 5 only 4 inches, Just a thought.
    Actually the highest selling is the Samsung Galaxy S3 @53 Million units shipped worldwide!
    ATIV S is LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    Actually the highest selling is the Samsung Galaxy S3 @53 Million units shipped worldwide!
    Em.. Most units shipped doesn't equate to it being the highest selling but yeah, the Galaxy S3 is the best selling smartphone all around the world. Definitely ;)

The size of the screen doesn't determine a phone to be the best selling. If that phone is good, it will sell well, granted with a 3.8" screen or a 5" screen...
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

I don't have huge hands but I find 4.7 or 4.8" screens to be comfortable to hold and better to read on.

4.9 inch is the way to go. Better than 4.8 inch imho.

the size of the phone should not be bigger than the lumia 920.
    if they can make the screen bigger with less bezel, fine...but pls dont make the phone bigger.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast