Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bentstraight
  • 1 Post By AKA Preluva
  • 1 Post By scottcraft

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Even though I got myself a GS3, i'm really hyped with all the new Windows Phone 8 news and Windows 8 tablets. Here's a teaser from Sammy. Good chance it's the series 5 hybrid PC as pointed out on The Verge. It even has a stylus.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk8hNsdwbFM&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0529wtmk.jpg   img_0935wtmk.jpg   img_0937wtmk.jpg  
    Last edited by samzer; 08-25-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    hmm. I do think Samsung is getting very involved with wp8 and Windows 8. also since you are hyped about wp8. are you getting a s3 wp or something? I have no doubt it's gonna be better than the crap Galaxy note 10.1
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    hmm. I do think Samsung is getting very involved with wp8 and Windows 8. also since you are hyped about wp8. are you getting a s3 wp or something? I have no doubt it's gonna be better than the crap Galaxy note 10.1
    Yeah, wasn't too fond of the GN 10.1. I love gadgets, and as much as I love my GS3, I will indeed get a Windows 8 Tablet, and and the upcoming code named Odyssey WP8 device. I've always wondered why it took MS so long to get this happening, when they already had such a foundation set with Windows PCs. Once we start heading into slate PCs and tablets, this is where MS should really shine. Better late than never.
    Thanked by:
    12Danny123 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samzer View Post
    Yeah, wasn't too fond of the GN 10.1. I love gadgets, and as much as I love my GS3, I will indeed get a Windows 8 Tablet, and and the upcoming code named Odyssey WP8 device. I've always wondered why it took MS so long to get this happening, when they already had such a foundation set with Windows PCs. Once we start heading into slate PCs and tablets, this is where MS should really shine. Better late than never.
    Perfectly understandable. you love Sammy products. for the tablet. is it sammy or surface or a other OEM :)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Perfectly understandable. you love Sammy products. for the tablet. is it sammy or surface or a other OEM :)
    For Tablets, I'm open. Leaning more towards Sammy and Surface. I like to do some research before I chose. So far these reviews like the existing Sammy slate.

Global Posts
    2,141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samzer View Post
    For Tablets, I'm open. Leaning more towards Sammy and Surface. I like to do some research before I chose. So far these reviews like the existing Sammy slate.
    Since I'm currently living in NZ. I left USA. I can't get the surface. So I'll just get a Samsung Windows RT device. Since Samsung products are popular here

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Banned

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Tablets with keyboards... I don't get it. What next a mouse?
    suvastallions likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    I would like to have a tablet that I can put in a dock and use a keyboard and a mouse with it. That would be the best of both worlds for me.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Firstly this is a forum for WINDOWS PHONE Upcoming & Rumored Devices, not Windows 8 devices, so I believe you posted it in the wrong place.

Secondly, I'm not very excited about this Samsung tablet. Both Surface and Asus Tablet 810 seem to be better alternatives to me.

They are meant for fun and for work. Forget the idea of tablet that apple put in consumers brains, that belongs to the past. Microsoft took it further, it's all about choice with no compromise. If you just want it for fun you can buy a WindowsRT tablet, which is more like the ipad, but better as it is compatible with full Office 2013, which is optimized for touch, keyboard&mouth and ink.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    It has a track pad :)
    Some people like to do work on their tablets, not just use them as portable entertainment centers.
    Banned

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I see, your trying to make a tablet replace your laptop. I've typed a few letters and tried to create a spreadsheet but I didn't care for it. I could do it all faster on my laptop or desktop.

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I see, your trying to make a tablet replace your laptop. I've typed a few letters and tried to create a spreadsheet but I didn't care for it. I could do it all faster on my laptop or desktop.
    Take the Surface for example. If you use the type cover, it will be just as fast to do the work you are used to do in your laptop in your tablet, because it really transforms into a laptop in 1 second... so no difference. Same good Office/(insert any other program here) and the great performance of Windows 8.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    Off topic, but if you're running your GS3 stock - how's TouchWiz? I tried it out the other day and really couldn't get the hang of it.

Seems to me the only Android worth getting is a Nexus.