Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Doing a little calculations based on passed history

Currently the Motorola Razr and BB Curve 9360 are available on both Rogers and Fido. I thought a little comparison between launch dates might help us determine when the 710 will come to Fido, IF it does. (The Nexus was a simultanious launch so it's of no use as a comparison)

Rogers Razor Launch Date: Nov 7th
    Fido Razor Launch Date: Jan 10th

Rogers Blackberry Curve 9360: August 31st
    Fido Blackberry Curve 9360: Dec 14th

I wish I had more history to go on, but I guess it's a start.

Rogers launched the 710 on Feb 6th, so what... only 45 more days to go before we'll see it on Fido? Maybe 2nd week in April, if we're lucky?
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Just dug up this tread to check the predicted dates. They dovetail nicely with the expect launch of the 900 on Rogers. Maybe someone from Fido can let us know if there are any WP's coming to the line up?
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    well you could just buy it outright for 250$ (at rogers) and bring it to FIDO :)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I'm well aware of that, but I've got almost $400 "Fido Dollars", and if they don't bring a WP soon, I'm going to purchase something else with them, sell it, buy a WP, and switch to a different carrier.
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    thats what i was gona suggest instead , just use your fido cash to buy a Iphone 4S sale it ( probably easy phone to sale ) then get a WP.

you could probably even get the 900 instead :)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!