Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    I started a petition to try to bring the latest Windows Phone 7 phones onto Verizon Wireless. I hope you all sign the petition because we demand better choices!

Bring Windows Phone 7 Smartphones to Verizon Wireless! - Petition Bureau

Mods: We need to put this front and center so we can get the word out to Verizon!
    Last edited by htom; 01-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    chanmanx2k and johaas like this.

Global Posts
    5,429 Global Posts
    Hope this works. currently on android but would switch if verizon had a high end wp device.

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    Me too. I was so envious of all the AT&T love but nothing for VZW.

Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    Me too. I was so envious of all the AT&T love but nothing for VZW.
    3st

Global Posts
    2,375 Global Posts
    The only people keeping WP devices from VZN are/is VZN themselves. By all means start a petition hopefully VZN will take notice and do somthing.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I was the 25th signature. We're getting somewhere...right?

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    Premium1 likes this.

ill sign but help me get a new wp7 to sprint.. so i can have have unlimited data and not pay out the ***...i currently pay 58 a month with unlimited data and and text.. 1000 mins... and nights starting at 7

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    I was the 25th signature. We're getting somewhere...right?
    Everything counts. Thanks for the vote, Judge! This petition will be forwarded to the leadership team at VZW so they are aware of our need to push them to bring WP7 to Big Red.
    Looks like something might be on the way http://bit.ly/x7mdzQ sounds like the at&t/NOKIA deal is only for a little while. Then again this is VZW we are talking about.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 (cyan)

Phones no longer with us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Motorola 120X, LG C1300, Motorola U6 Pebl, Samsung A867 Eternity, Samsung i677 Focus Flash

Global Posts
    5,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
    Looks like something might be on the way Nokia Preparing Exclusive Windows Phones For Each U.S. Carrier sounds like the at&t/NOKIA deal is only for a little while. Then again this is VZW we are talking about.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    That makes sense. I mean if WP really wants to take off and get more sales and market share this is the best way to do it.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    You guys know the nokia 710 is coming to verizon right? Im not happy that we are getting their low end device but its a start. I signed the petition but we simply do not have enough people in our demographic to make an impact. We just have to trust microsoft that they know what they are doing. Also a little teezer, on what I posted on Nokia's FB page.

I posted to Nokia's FB page: "Your ces announcement was a little disappointing. Where are the phones for people not on ATT?"

response:
    Nokia: There's no specific information about that just yet. Stay tuned :)
    Last edited by chanmanx2k; 01-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Global Posts
    1,782 Global Posts
    I am signature 101. :D
    Premium1 likes this.

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    40+ signatures so far. Keep up the pressure and thanks to those who signed so far!

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joemd60 View Post
    I am signature 101. :D

Man, your avatar does work miracles! :)

I was actually thinking last night about making a petition haha. i'm glad to see someone actually did it.

On the Windows Phone Dev Podcast today, they discussed this. Thurrot makes it sound like Verizon did want the LTE devices, but didn't get them because they had certain demands. And AT&T was more willing to play ball with fewer demands. But AT&T did want an exclusive period.

And with T-Mobile... they have a 3 month exclusivity period with the 710.

Global Posts
    5,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    On the Windows Phone Dev Podcast today, they discussed this. Thurrot makes it sound like Verizon did want the LTE devices, but didn't get them because they had certain demands. And AT&T was more willing to play ball with fewer demands. But AT&T did want an exclusive period.

And with T-Mobile... they have a 3 month exclusivity period with the 710.
    I think if verizon does only get the 710 since they will be getting it 3 months later than tmo they should price it free on contract if they really want it to sell well.

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    I signed this petition, but in order for it really to be noticed by VZW mgmt, it would need tens of thousands of signatures. There's less than 150 on there right now. What can we do to get more signatures?

Global Posts
    5,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    I signed this petition, but in order for it really to be noticed by VZW mgmt, it would need tens of thousands of signatures. There's less than 150 on there right now. What can we do to get more signatures?
    Mention it on twitter and Facebook big sites like that.

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    I posted this on FB, Twitter and all the major WP sites including the Verizon forums, including this one but the Sprint one got a scoop before my petition (what up wpcentral? :P). We need to put this front and center of the major blogs and forums!

We need all your help to put this out there! This petition will go only as far as the users let the powers that be know what we want.

Signed! Thanks for taking the initiative ;)

I posted this on FB, Twitter and all the major WP sites including the Verizon forums, including this one but the Sprint one got a scoop before my petition (what up wpcentral? :P). We need to put this front and center of the major blogs and forums!

We need all your help to put this out there! This petition will go only as far as the users let the powers that be know what we want.
    Did you try submitting it as a tip on the front page? They might put it up there if you ask nicely :)

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Did you try submitting it as a tip on the front page? They might put it up there if you ask nicely :)
    I did! Pretty please with a cherry on top too!

Well an update as of 1/18/2012, this petition was forwarded to the leadership team at VZW.

Thanks for those that signed up! Hopefully we get some feedback!
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    I did! Pretty please with a cherry on top too!

Well an update as of 1/18/2012, this petition was forwarded to the leadership team at VZW.

Thanks for those that signed up! Hopefully we get some feedback!
    Again, I don't mean to be negative, but how do you know it will make it past any of the leadership team's email filters or personal assistants that read mail for them? There's still less than 1000 signatures on the petition. What can we do to make it have the kind of weight needed to make it noticable?

Global Posts
    5,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jleebiker View Post
    Again, I don't mean to be negative, but how do you know it will make it past any of the leadership team's email filters or personal assistants that read mail for them? There's still less than 1000 signatures on the petition. What can we do to make it have the kind of weight needed to make it noticable?
    how do you know it won't make it through those? And 1000 signatures is better than nothing and that's 1000 more possible contracts Verizon could get/lose if they do not carry more wp...
    Last edited by redraider133; 01-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast