Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    You may want to hold off on getting the Titan on the 20th. I was going to get the Focus S, but I'm definitely waiting now:
    http://www.winrumors.com/nokia-plann...h-at-ces-2012/

Mangos taste better than apples!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,748 Global Posts
    Nice find bert!
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    Saw that, and made the decision to sit tight. Makes it easier to do that on my Focus for a few months and wait it out.

Mangos taste better than apples!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Awesome! A vague Q1 timeline is now narrowed down to January. :) Paul Thurrot actually reported the CES Nokia launch a week ago on Windows Weekly.

Windows Weekly 233 | TWiT.TV

Global Posts
    2,349 Global Posts
    Maybe time to start considering a move to att, tmobile in particular seems uninterested in WP7. Contract is up Dec 15, so CES will definitely be a big factor.

Man I was all set to ditch sprint and grab a titan myself but I think im going to wait this out too. The titan is sexy but i really really want a high end Nokia. Its only two more months but still seems a long ways away!

AT&T has definitely been Windows Phones best American supporter. Tmo has a long relationship with Nokia, so you may well see some nice phones there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    AT&T has definitely been Windows Phones best American supporter. Tmo has a long relationship with Nokia, so you may well see some nice phones there as well.
    hope so because at this point I'm stuck with t-mo for a while longer now so they better be getting some more good WP7 phones!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    They will announce their 2012 lineup at CES. I really doubt they will be released at that time. Possible but doubtful. My guess is a spring launch or like 4-5 months from now. Would be nice but I am not waiting. No leaked images or anything of the 2012 phones makes me a bit pessimistic of anything launching in January.

WindowsPhoneMetro.com is saying that the Nokia US phone is rumored to have a front facing camera.

I spoke yesterday to an inside (usually pretty reliable) source here in Europe who told me that T-Mo USA plans to offer "at least one Nokia Windows Phone". The "at least" part leaves open the possibility that there may be more than one. But there may not be, either. He wouldn't elaborate, though... it was hard enough trying to coax the info out of him that I got.

Fingers crossed for you T-Mo customers over there in the States.
    threed61 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,349 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moonlight View Post
    I spoke yesterday to an inside (usually pretty reliable) source here in Europe who told me that T-Mo USA plans to offer "at least one Nokia Windows Phone". The "at least" part leaves open the possibility that there may be more than one. But there may not be, either. He wouldn't elaborate, though... it was hard enough trying to coax the info out of him that I got.

Fingers crossed for you T-Mo customers over there in the States.
    That would be the 710 that recently passed the FCC with Tmo AWS bands. Not sure i'll be beating down their door to get that.

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    I can't wait! I went to Verizon today to check out the Droid Razr, and although the hardware is actually very nice, I just can't go back to Android. I can't wait to kick T-Mo to the curb for AT&T or Verizon. Nokia, all I'm waiting on is you! I'll be there on launch day!

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    That would be the 710 that recently passed the FCC with Tmo AWS bands. Not sure i'll be beating down their door to get that.
    yeppers... nice phone but, if that's the best that T-mo can come up with I'll stick with my DVP.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    They will announce their 2012 lineup at CES. I really doubt they will be released at that time. Possible but doubtful. My guess is a spring launch or like 4-5 months from now. Would be nice but I am not waiting. No leaked images or anything of the 2012 phones makes me a bit pessimistic of anything launching in January.
    It would all depend on if the carrier announces a release date within a month. For instance, a month after CES this past year, AT&T released the Atrix and the Inspire 4G. Those both were pretty groundbreaking phones for AT&T at the time. And it seems like lately AT&T is on board for a bunch of releases. Apparently they just announced another Android phone, the LG Optimus LTE for their network.
    I'm really resting all my hopes on Nokia to bring out a WP7 device with a premium chassis. The recent crop all have at least one major flaw that turns me off.

Focus Flash: 8GB storage
    Focus S: Cheap feel and crappy back plate. Also a bit big for my taste.
    Titan: Too big (but probably the best WP7 out there if you don't mind the size)
    Lumia 800: No FCC
    Lumia 710: Ugly design
    HTC Radar: Dumb looking bottom half

And the handful of unreleased phones that have been announced don't look too impressive either. If the 800 had a FFC that would literally be the perfect phone for me.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 11-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

<sarcasm> Whew, I was wondering when AT&T was going to start getting some Windows Phones </sarcasm>

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    I'm really resting all my hopes on Nokia to bring out a WP7 device with a premium chassis. The recent crop all have at least one major flaw that turns me off.

Focus Flash: 8GB storage
    Focus S: Cheap feel and crappy black plate. Also a bit big for my taste.
    Titan: Too big (but probably the best WP7 out there if you don't mind the size)
    Lumia 800: No FCC
    Lumia 710: Ugly design
    HTC Radar: Dumb looking bottom half

And the handful of unreleased phones that have been announced don't look too impressive either. If the 800 had a FFC that would literally be the perfect phone for me.
    I agree that every phone announced/released has one major flaw, but a couple of my flaws are different
    Focus Flash: 8 Gigs of storage, lower quality Camera
    Focus S: Too big, feels like a cheap toy
    Titan: Way too damn big
    Lumia 800: Poor photo quality (no FFC is no big deal to me, I don't use them when I have them)
    Lumia 710: All the 800's flaws, in a less attractive body with a worse screen
    HTC Radar: 8 gigs of storage. Lower quality camera
    If the Lumia 800, Focus Flash, or Radar had better camera quality and higher storage, they would be winning as far as I'm concerned. LTE support would be a big, big plus to me as I don't feel now is a good time to lock into a two year contract on a phone lacking the next gen wireless tech.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    There's a strong chance that Nokia will release their new stuff shortly after showing it at CES. It seems like they're bringing out the Lumia line everywhere right after debuting it.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I believe that a FFC is a necessity. You don't skimp out on features on a "premium" phone. I rarely use the FFC, but when I do I'm glad I have it. Plus as more apps start to take advantage of a FFC (skype anyone?) you'll be glad you have it. For Nokia to leave it out is just plain stupid on their part as it's a deal breaker for me.

You know what screw it! I know you guys probably saw my other thread but this settles it, Im gonna wait for this, if Nokia can come with a great design and build, good storage and LTE, im all on board! My contract is up in March too, I'll just wait. Im gonna pass on IOS and Android and go WP for sure, hopefully Nokia delivers!

Just took off my Galaxy S2 off eBay, cant wait till Jan now!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaman View Post
    You know what screw it! I know you guys probably saw my other thread but this settles it, Im gonna wait for this, if Nokia can come with a great design and build, good storage and LTE, im all on board! My contract is up in March too, I'll just wait. Im gonna pass on IOS and Android and go WP for sure, hopefully Nokia delivers!
    Glad to hear it. I'm interested in Nokia phones too.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaman View Post
    welcome back,sorta!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodega_Bay View Post
    If you're a Costco (USA) member, you can have the best of both worlds.

Costco will have the Titan and they allow 90 days for cellphone returns. I plan to take the Titan to Nokia's CES booth to see what they'll have.

Reference: http://www.wpcentral.com/ATT-htc-tit...-23rd#comments
    That's pretty nice Too bad there's not a Costco near me.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast